Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Mahinmi sucks..

First take used to be good but has gone to the dogs now mike and mike is much better.

Pretty annoyed about the cs doing so well there is no point in us making the playoffs this year. having said that we could still get a lottery pick the way the nets are playing but i think thats top 5 protected.

At the same time its good to see our young talent sullinger in particular is playing very well i think we have the pieces to fit around a guy particularly when rondo comes back (provided he comes back right) but we need a/another star (depending on how you feel about rondo) to be abel to compete.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Mahinmi sucks..

glad do see them doing poorly but the idea of them clicking come the postseason scares the crap out of me.

I think the Pacers can scratch this one off. Playing two elite teams in less than 24 hours on the road is tough.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Kings fans are raging on Twitter.
    @teamziller This is not bad assuming the Kings waive Rudy Gay immediately.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

Suppose the one good thing to come from it, is that Isiah Thomas is a starter now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Come on Pacers

So do King now completely tank and hope to draft Randel or Gordon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Come on Pacers

I bet you'd love to.

Perkins inspired OKC lead by 19 at the half.

Whatca gonna do, when Perkins knocks down a 15 footer in front of you, brutha!

It will be tough to reel this back in, but whatever happens in this game It's been a very good road run. We've played each of the top 4 teams in the west in the space of 7 days, and we have picked up wins over the Clippers and the Spurs, also squeezed a win over Utah along the way.

• Advertisement

What is the story with the gay trade?

What is the story with the gay trade?

Sacramento will send John Salmons, Vasquez, Patterson and Hayes to the Raptors, The raptors send Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Kings

I'm newish to basketball. Is Rudy overpriced?

Pacers on the come back trail. Still in this game

Edit: Just fcked it up my blowing a 3 on on lay up. OKC sink a 3 in transition. Time out back to the drawing board

Probably. His fg % isn't good enough for a dude who's the focal point of an offense.

It's about Toronto clearing cap space

Yup. Raptors are making room for cap space. That plus he's a chucker, throws up too many shots and terrible ones at that.

I've watched the majority of OKC games this season, but OKC's defence tonight has been the best it has been and while he is a running gag of mine, Perkins has been excellent.

Game over in OKC I'm afraid, Aw never mind. Pacers will march on

Westbrook is absuing Hill right now.

• Advertisement

Time for Vogel to rest the starters for Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Gay is overpriced and he's been shooting terribly this year but the trade is still a clear win for the Kings. At least talent wise. We (:pac:) gave up very little, managed to trade a bunch of spare parts for a borderline all-star type. Granted he's way overpaid but he'll be an expiring at the end of 2015 if worst comes to worst. If it goes well we can re-sign him at a better price.

We bought low. At some point you have to make an attempt to put real talent around Cuz rather than the mediocrity we had. We'll still likely to be bad enough to get a good player in this draft, but this trade doesn't actually make us worse. It makes us better. People may not realise just how bad Salmons, Patterson and Hayes have been for us. Even Vasquez has been pretty poor. The overwhelming response I've seen on Kings forums is positive (that said, I haven't looked at the twitter response).

I much prefer IT coming off the bench as he's best suited to that role. He won't start on a competing team... He's fantastic off the bench, though. My worry now is who will get the ball to Cousins down low? Vasquez was far from great but he made a concerted effort to get him the ball. IT is pretty much a chucker, albeit a good one. And Gay likes to take a few shots himself, as most people will know. :pac: Coach Malone better make sure the guys know the number one option is.

New GM has been very aggressive so far. I like it. Previous regime was unmotivated, flat, the fanbase deserves proper ambition and effort after everything they've been through. Now how about we make it interesting and trade IT/future pick for Rondo... :pac:

It's Kobe time! Here's a link for anyone who needs one

http://firstrownow.eu/watch/221015/1/watch-nba-tv.html

1) Oklahoma City Thunder -4.5 @ 10/11, $210

Both losses for the Pacers this season are on B2B games (v Portland and Chicago).

While the Pacers are best team so far in the league, I really can't imagine how they could beat best two team arguably in the West for two straight days.

Thunder are 3-0 straight up and 3-0 against the spread against B2B this season with winning margin of near 13 points. These wins were against the Clippers, Mavericks and Timberwolves. While not as good the Pacers, they aren't scrubs.

Tiago Splitter going down last night for the Spurs turned the game on it's head completely. Pacers were very good last night, don't get me wrong, but they didn't start off well. Splitter went out. Spurs took some time to adjust without a proper big man against the giants of the Pacers (OKC can match size wise for the most part across the board) and then by the time Spurs had adjusted, it was too late.

Love when a plan comes comes together :)

Have a seat lads. This one is done. Ready for Heat Tuesday

It's Kobe time! Here's a link for anyone who needs one

http://firstrownow.eu/watch/221015/1/watch-nba-tv.html

Is Kobe on restricted minutes or Kobe minutes do you know?

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Is Kobe on restricted minutes or Kobe minutes do you know?

MDA was saying they're gonna play loosely and let Kobe decide how it goes. No surprise there then.

OKC beat the Pacers 118-94 in the end.

Thunder were excellent. Real defensive intensity tonight. I imagine some media will downplay the win because the Pacers were on a B2B, but the same didn't afford that for OKC after their loss in Portland. Was certainly the case in here in the US anyway.

Now, Lakershow time. Should be fun. Oh, and @antisocialkobe is back too :D

Good to see the guys on NBA TV give DeRozan a proper mention, guy has been balling this season. Been a very good prop bet.

Darth Mamba :pac:

• Advertisement

Facilitator Kobe so far.

Advertisement