Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

buyer95 wrote: »
    Zach Lowe of Grantland, take on Gay joining the Kings. Lowe is probably my favourite NBA columnist, he's very good. http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/85058/a-new-king-what-the-rudy-gay-trade-means-for-toronto-and-sacramento

Lowe is very good, but to be perfectly honest he leaves out a few huge factors in the trade. It's not one of his better articles in my opinion.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Well, this just happened..

826693057.gif?1386651268

Williams, IT and Cousins - 87 points and lead the Kings to a 15 point win over the Mavs. Latter had 19 rebounds too to go with his 32 points.

Rudy Gay is so going to ruin this fun team :pac:

This Kings team is really fun to watch, one of the most athletic teams in the league with IT, Williams and McLemore. Now add Gay to the mix, if Malone can get him to take way fewer shots :pac: Cousins is also quite athletic for a guy as big as he is. A few other highlight plays from last nights game:

Cousins huge dunk on Nowitzki:

cousins-poster.gif

5'9'' Isaiah Thomas with another of his huge blocks:

826688445.gif?1386648861

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I forgot about Cousins on Dirk last night actually, had me up out my seat that :)

NufcNavan wrote: »
    They should have started DJ Augustin if they were rigging for Wiggins. Dude is probably finished in the NBA now.

Bulls are frontrunners to sign Augustin according to Woj.

Still early, but who do people have as All-Stars so far? The usual suspects will get voted in as usual, whether deserved or not, but it'll be interesting to see who the coaches picks are.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

East Center - Roy Hibbert
    West Center - Dwight Howard

East Power Forward - Lebron James ( Probably will put him at 4 to facilitate the selection at 3
    West Power Forward - Blake Griffin ( Probably should be Kevin Love but people want to see the Griffin show

East Small Forward - Paul George
    West Small Forward - Kevin Durrant

East Shooting Guard - Dwyane Wade
    West Shooting Guard - James Harden

East Point Guard - Kyrie Irving
    West Point Guard - Chris Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DeclansKidney

East Power Forward - Lebron James ( Probably will put him at 4 to facilitate the selection at 3
    West Power Forward - Blake Griffin ( Probably should be Kevin Love but people want to see the Griffin show

I'd probably put LMA ahead of both Love and Griffin at this stage. He's been amazing! Anthony Davis may have had a decent shot at it to before his injury.

Other potential guys... Teague? Drummond maybe? Turner? Have to remember the East is bloody awful this year so there could be quite a few first timers voted in (Holiday gone, Rose, Rondo & Chandler injured, Nets players playing poorly).

Ellis has been playing a lot more efficiently in Dallas but probably too much backcourt competition in the West?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Irving has been disappointing this season. Whatever way you swing it, he's been the best player on his team for 3 seasons and there winning percentage is below 30% in those seasons combined. A hugely talented offensive player, who is worse than awful on the defensive end, I don't think he deserves to be the east's starting point guard. I'd go with John Wall. Stats wise Wall is putting up 19.6 point and getting 9.1 assists, whereas Irving is dropping 19.7 points and 5.8 assists. Washington have been slightly better than the Cavs too, I'd go with Wall

Irving has been disappointing this season. Whatever way you swing it, he's been the best player on his team for 3 seasons and there winning percentage is below 30% in those seasons combined. A hugely talented offensive player, who is worse than awful on the defensive end, I don't think he deserves to be the east's starting point guard. I'd go with John Wall. Stats wise Wall is putting up 19.6 point and getting 9.1 assists, whereas Irving is dropping 19.7 points and 5.8 assists. Washington have been slightly better than the Cavs too, I'd go with Wall

Irving has that all star quality though. He is a fan favorite, a likable player who will get votes. No doubt Rose or Rondo would be in there despite their injuries. In their absence, Kyrie Irving is the best there is in the East

Irving has that all star quality though. He is a fan favorite, a likable player who will get votes. No doubt Rose or Rondo would be in there despite their injuries. In their absence, Kyrie Irving is the best there is in the East

Fan favourite does not = best. Irving has been quite disappointing this season and probably doesn't even deserve to be an all-star, never mind start.

Which of course means he'll start, because casual fans outweigh those who know what's going on, and they tend to go by name recognition rather than whose actually deserving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I think I read somewhere that they're not voting for positions this year. Whoever gets the top votes starts so there could be 5 guards starting.

Something like that, I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

And so it starts again………..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Wall>Irving this season so far.

Go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wall>Irving this season so far.

Go.

Not debating that., just don't think that they're the top 2 in their position in the East.

Regardless of who you think is the better player right now. Irving is undoubtedly the most popular. And therefore will get allot more all star votes

Also had a great All Star weekend last year. Won the 3pt, scored 32 in the rising stars and 15 in the All Star game.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DeclansKidney

I think I read somewhere that they're not voting for positions this year. Whoever gets the top votes starts so they're could be 5 guards starting.

Something like that, I could be wrong.

Think it's gonna be frontcourt/backcourt voting. Not sure on which side the 3/2 split is though.

After signing up via betting on Bet 365 and 5dimes, I am now part of the #PacerNationBlueCollarGoldSwagger fanclub tonight.

Beasley out, Wade in for the Heat tonight. Beasley has been putting in some solid production from the bench for Miami this year, so he is a loss in that regards.

Wall has been the best PG in the East so far this season and one of the best this calander year since his return anyway. As already said, there is no arguing that. He's putting in impressive performances despite starting players around him dropping like flies - Beal and Nene in particular. Losing Webster for them

Still needs to improve in regards to his mid range shot and become more clutch when it comes to his final shot, both of which are average at best, latter can be considered somewhat poor actually.

After signing up via betting on Bet 365 and 5dimes, I am now part of the #PacerNationBlueCollarGoldSwagger fanclub tonight.

Beasley out, Wade in for the Heat tonight. Beasley has been putting in some solid production from the bench for Miami this year, so he is a loss in that regards.

Welcome aboard. Anyone else want to jump on the band waggon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

cant wait for this game, going to be brilliant

• Advertisement

Lets go Indiana. This is a big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bulls are frontrunners to sign Augustin according to Woj.

20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif

Come on Georgie boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If ever there was a game where I want both teams to lose.....

Ernie Johnson and Chris Webber in the studio

He's right Roy and David need a big night on the boards

Well done Big ROY

Hill is making his best effort to fck this up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Beautiful spin move by Lebron.

Huh?
    Did Hill really just airball a FT?

30pt 1st quarter for Miami.

• Advertisement

Nice break CJ. Paul George has to get into this if we're going to have a chance.

Advertisement