Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just win by 4 Pacers, do it for Ade.

LeBron makes a three!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Kyrie Irving 37 pts 11 ast beating NYK

Flagrant 2 on the official please

Damn you refs, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Thank god for video reviews.

Force the refs to reverse a few of their bad calls

West sobbered up.

The 8th grader.

NBA Bets (10/12/13):

1) Indiana Pacers -3.0 @ 10/11, $210

Like a few games recently, I've had my eye on this for some time now.

Make no mistake, the Pacers have had their eye on this game themselves for the past 7 months or so.

Indiana back home after a grueling road trip in which they played arguably the best three teams in the West three games on the bounce and the Spurs and OKC on a B2B. They've had a nice little break, so they should be rested up.

I reall just don't see how the Heat can defend the inside game of the Pacers, and George is that pure scorer the Pacers have been lacking in years past.

Pacers to win by 8 or so IMO.

Cheers Pacers. Hibbert beasted n feasted tonight.

Fantastic. Standing ovation for the Big Man, Roy Hibbert

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Cheers Pacers. Hibbert beasted n feasted tonight.

Do we have a new fan?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pacers put on a defensive clinic after the 1st quarter.

Well done to PG. Lebron had him locked down in the 1st but he fought through it and limited LBJ to 17. Some going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Heat learned a lesson here. If you're gonna play midget ball then you can't go cold shooting and get away with it. They suffer like any other guard heavy offense. If LBJ is off his game (which he was) then this system is exposed.

Do we have a new fan?:D

Told you before, I'm a basketball fan first and foremost :). I like the Pacers. Love a team that shows great application at the defensive end and that is the foundation to winning a championship. I still think George has a little way to go before calling him a bonified superstar, though. I've never been one to throw the phrase world class or superstar around. He has everything in his locker to be one, no question about that. A fit and playoff ready Miami won't be swept aside and I expect another fierce battle come the Eastern Conference Playoff time. Should be fun.

I hope to see OKC v Pacers, as I think that is the team best suited to fend off you lot.. even if there is a small part of me who'd like to properly witness a 3 peat (been a b-ball fan since 2004).

Anyway, OKC time for me now.

Kyrie's a superstar

Loved Hibberts post game interview with NBA TV. World class player, world class guy

So small-time.

Triple double from KD leads them to the W over the Hawks in Atlanta. Durant with at least 30 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists in consecutive games. First player to do since the 2011-12 season.

Nets win B2B games for the first time this season. D-Will with 25 on his return.

Lakers v Suns should be good coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Bulls beaten by Bucks. This is going to be a long, long season... :(

Hold up, we've got the Knicks next :)

Blame is firmly at your feet Butters :mad: :pac:
    NBA Bets (10/12/13):

1) Indiana Pacers -3.0 @ 10/11, $210

Like a few games recently, I've had my eye on this for some time now.

Make no mistake, the Pacers have had their eye on this game themselves for the past 7 months or so.

Indiana back home after a grueling road trip in which they played arguably the best three teams in the West three games on the bounce and the Spurs and OKC on a B2B. They've had a nice little break, so they should be rested up.

I reall just don't see how the Heat can defend the inside game of the Pacers, and George is that pure scorer the Pacers have been lacking in years past.

Pacers to win by 8 or so IMO.

2) Oklahoma City Thunder -4.0 @ 10/11, $110

Rolling Thunder. Should be a tough and grueling game for OKC up against the Hawks tonight, but I'm confident they'll open up their Eastern coast swing with a W tonight.

3) Boston Celtics +2.5 @ 10/11, $55

Better coach. Better team chemistry. The Celtics will want to produce after the departures of KG and Pierce in the off-season. That's their motivation, that and staying atop of the Titanic Division.

4) San Antonio Spurs -7.0 @ 10/11, $110

Pop will have tore his team a new one after the loss to the Pacers. Raptors are coming off a let down spot after their win against the Lakers, and frankly, Amir Johnson won't 'go off' tonight like he did in LA.

5) Phoenix Suns ML @ 13/10, $50

While Kobe continues to find his groove after his 8 month lay off, and the the rest of the team and D'Antoni try and figure out how to incorporate him back into the the team's line up and system.

6) Phoenix Suns +2 1H @ Evens, $500

Love the @Suns +2 1H as they try too make it 15-0 ATS this year in the 1st half when the underdog

* Actually an error regarding, it was $50, unfortunately. Blame tiredness and the -4 temperature consuming me here on the east coast! *

7) Phoenix Suns ML 1Q @ 5/4, $25

8) Eric Bledsoe Over 17.5 Points @ 5/6, $60

Kobe's 2nd game back and they're downed by the Suns. Watched a fair chunk of the game. No idea on his numbers in the end, but Bledsoe was awesome.
    Bulls beaten by Bucks. This is going to be a long, long season... :(

Hold up, we've got the Knicks next :)

If Noah plays and the Knicks play in orange, the Bulls should steamroll them.

Amar'e is the only one playing well now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Kobe's 2nd game back and they're downed by the Suns. Watched a fair chunk of the game. No idea on his numbers in the end, but Bledsoe was awesome.

18pts, 9 assts, 3 steals, 4 boards.

Morris twins had 37 points between them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nuri,

I stopped betting after putting the house (not literally, but not far off either!) on the Spurs beating the Heat in 6 and Parker being MVP in the Finals. Took a huge beating psychologically as well as financially on that one thanks to Ray Allen and have stayed away from betting on games since. I have been tracking "imaginary" bets since however (on an excel spreadsheet no less) and I'm up considerably but lacking the funds at the mo to make actual bets. I was going to lump on Boston and the Pacers last night ironically as my first bets of the year but fell asleep on the couch as I waited for the games - haven't been sleeping much lately and I'm all over the place at the mo with tiredness. So I would have likely just broken even with the C's loss and the Pacers' win......but who expected D Will to actually come out and play a decent game for the first time in 18 months? You just can't factor for that. On every logical level Boston should have won that game last night.....ESP. Using the old soccer logic of NY beat Brooklyn by 30, Boston beat NY by 40 therefore Boston beats Brooklyn by 70! :rolleyes:

Nuri,

I stopped betting after putting the house (not literally, but not far off either!) on the Spurs beating the Heat in 6 and Parker being MVP in the Finals. Took a huge beating psychologically as well as financially on that one thanks to Ray Allen and have stayed away from betting on games since. I have been tracking "imaginary" bets since however (on an excel spreadsheet no less) and I'm up considerably but lacking the funds at the mo to make actual bets. I was going to lump on Boston and the Pacers last night ironically as my first bets of the year but fell asleep on the couch as I waited for the games - haven't been sleeping much lately and I'm all over the place at the mo with tiredness. So I would have likely just broken even with the C's loss and the Pacers' win......but who expected D Will to actually come out and play a decent game for the first time in 18 months? You just can't factor for that. On every logical level Boston should have won that game last night.....ESP. Using the old soccer logic of NY beat Brooklyn by 30, Boston beat NY by 40 therefore Boston beats Brooklyn by 70! :rolleyes:

Just kidding, man. Having a terrific season myself once more myself. Just hate being burned on a flawless night :pac: The Finals is a bit of a blur to me right now, but I think I was on Spurs for the game too in Game 6 and lost, but I had a prop on Duncan scoring over X amount of points which covered my losses somewhat that night. Thankfully I was well up overall anyway.

I did think the C's would win straight up last night though. First quarter last night put them a bit behind and it was catch up to the final whistle, they nearly snuck the backdoor cover. As you eluded to, can't account for D-Will having a night like he did last night after such a lengthy lay off neither! Perhaps your boys are looking ahead to tonight's game vs. Doc and co. Should be an interesting game at the TD Garden either way. Probably the game of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nuri, where do you post your bets? You seem to be on a fantastic run and I wouldn't mind following you on those big lists of tips and reasoning you create. They're excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Paully D wrote: »
    Nuri, where do you post your bets? You seem to be on a fantastic run and I wouldn't mind following you on those big lists of tips and reasoning you create. They're excellent.
    He posts them on twitter, his tweets are protected so you'll have to follow him. Link there

https://twitter.com/The_Ade_

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

I second that Paully D, always keep an eye out for what Nuri puts up on here betting-wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Loved Hibberts post game interview with NBA TV. World class player, world class guy

Any link?

Any link?

No, haven't seen it up on YouTube. Roy is such a laid back, humble guy. He's a gentle giant. A great personality. He was just being himself, having a conversation with the guys in the studio. You gotta love the big guy even if you're not a pacers fan.

stuba wrote: »
    I second that Paully D, always keep an eye out for what Nuri puts up on here betting-wise.

I wouldn't be encouraging people to get into the gambling game. It's a vice that can become very addictive.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    stuba wrote: »

Added you there lads.
    I wouldn't be encouraging people to get into the gambling game. It's a vice that can become very addictive.

im-a-chikin-lol.jpg

Advertisement