Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

No, haven't seen it up on YouTube. Roy is such a laid back, humble guy. He's a gentle giant. A great personality. He was just being himself, having a conversation with the guys in the studio. You gotta love the big guy even if you're not a pacers fan.

Agreed. Took a liking to him after seeing him so much more with the media during the playoffs last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Nuri cannot find you on twitter, could you give me a follow @wicklowgooner so I can benefit from your wisdom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

No, haven't seen it up on YouTube. Roy is such a laid back, humble guy. He's a gentle giant. A great personality. He was just being himself, having a conversation with the guys in the studio. You gotta love the big guy even if you're not a pacers fan.

Hibbert: ''....when the Heat go big instead of small with that Duke guy. What's his name again? Oh yeah, Shane Battier'' :pac:
    Paully D wrote: »
    Something being ignored is the fact that the Pacers have played the third most amount of home games in the NBA at present. The combined record of their opponents has been 79-132, with all but two opponents from the less competitive (as you said yourself) eastern conference. Lets see how things stack up after a 5 game road trip against the Clippers, Spurs, Thunder and Trail Blazers and at home to the Heat in the space of 10 or so days.

On another note, in the interest of fairness I should review this post made a few weeks ago.

That was a heck of a six game stretch and the Pacers did very well going 4-2 with defeats @ Portland and @ Thunder. I haven't seen the Miami game yet but will catch it over the weekend.

If I had my way I wish we could just fast forward to the eastern conference final right now because that's going to be one hell of a series between the Heat and Pacers.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Nuri I just tried to follow you on Twitter also @ikemcconnell .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Deng still out but Noah to play tonight against the Knicks. Must win for the Knicks against a severely depleted Bulls team. Chicago always cause Melo problems, but with Butler and Deng out, I look for Anthony to have a big game.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Once Tyson is back, I never want to see Bargnani and Amare on the court at the same time again.

Just a terrible quarter of offensive basketball for the Knicks. Shumpert looks abysmal, that mid range jumper that he airballed was so far off it was unbelievable. Smith giving Knicks nothing, and Bargnagni just isn't making his shots. Could be a long night...

Edit: One positive is STAT is going to work inside, and looks very smooth. God knows we need offense from somewhere.

STAT just had two stops on the defensive end, one ends with him nailing a midrange, the other with Hardaway nailing a 3, what is hapenning? And just like that everything is rosy in the garden.

OKC bringing the defence tonight to Memphis.

buyer95 wrote: »
    STAT just had two stops on the defensive end, one ends with him nailing a midrange, the other with Hardaway nailing a 3, what is hapenning? And just like that everything is rosy in the garden.

Amare has actually been alright the past few games, probably the only positive in the B2B losses. Showed some spring in his step which was nice to see.

• Advertisement

Probably worth tuning into the Celtics - Clippers, Doc's team up 2 with a quarter left.

This Westbrook - Lamb - Durant - Ibaka - Adams line up is potentially your future OKC starting line up, going into next year I'd say actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Steph Curry, you the man !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Great fake and big time shot by Curry alright over a very touch defender but as I was watching it (please God let me sleep sometime) live all I was thinking was WTF is he doing celebrating like that with time on the clock? Defend! I'm not 100% sure about the NBA rules on this exactly but if whoever sub he jumped into (chest pump style) was on the court in Europe that's a technical on the coach and 2 shots and possession.

All I could think of watching Curry was this:

Was bored waiting for the GSW game so went on youtube and found this:

Such a shame seeing him as a shadow of himself in Brooklyn now.

Oh and also found this:

Yeah, the GSW ending was brilliant. The Knicks ending was brilliant, but for car crash TV reasons too.

The Man tune from the Beats ad is excellent. Be listening to it quite frequently the past couple of weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Have started watching NBA lately and I really like it but I don't have much knowledge of the game is there anywhere that provides a sort of crash course on all the need to know basics of the game and league structures etc..?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

You go to sleep for a few hours and a trade like that happens. Not sure what to make of it tbh, my initial thoughts are it's ok for Toronto and not great for the Kings - there's got to be better value for $19m than Gay out there. Hard to see the Kings offence accommodating another chucker but hey, at least they're showing some ambition in rolling the dice.

Back to the C's, I genuinely said "yeah right" to myself when Ainge said Boston wouldn't tank this year, looks like he was telling the truth. :eek: Still a long way to go and I suppose anything can happen, but on mature reflection (!) I'd prefer adding a piece for the future than an inglorious play off beat down by the Pacers or Heat.
    Great fake and big time shot by Curry alright over a very touch defender but as I was watching it (please God let me sleep sometime) live all I was thinking was WTF is he doing celebrating like that with time on the clock? Defend! I'm not 100% sure about the NBA rules on this exactly but if whoever sub he jumped into (chest pump style) was on the court in Europe that's a technical on the coach and 2 shots and possession.

All I could think of watching Curry was this:

Oh yea, for sure it was pretty dumb on his part and a few others celebrating like that. In all honesty, Warriors got lucky, as good as Curry was in the 4th, he got a few breaks, that 4 point play was a small bit fortunate in my opinion and I also must look at his last shot, I could of sworn he shuffled his feet but could be wrong. Ah well, great win all the same, finally beat Monte.

Also, has there ever been a more beautiful shot than Nowitzkis fade away jumper ?

Raptors and Knicks are discussing a possible Kyle Lowry Trade.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Raptors and Knicks are discussing a possible Kyle Lowry Trade.

Raptors have gone into total tank mode so they'll just want picks. Problem is we dont have a first rounder until 2018! If we could get him though, he would be a big upgrade from Felton who has to be one of the worst starting point guards in the league. He's been very poor this season. Felton + the 2018 pick for Lowry could happen, seeing how the Raptors are so desperate to be bad. Being high lottery pick bad is actually hard in the Eastern conference, what with everyteam except the Heat and Pacers performing poorly.

• Advertisement

Felton made sports Illustrated's worst starters in the league all star team (or some other title with the same result basically) so I can't imagine the Raptors will be chomping at the bit to get him. Then again, if asking is where they want to go, they may! But really think this has to be about picks.

Have started watching NBA lately and I really like it but I don't have much knowledge of the game is there anywhere that provides a sort of crash course on all the need to know basics of the game and league structures etc..?

Highly suggest watching this, knew a fair bit I thought before, but nothing compared to what I've learned from Nick over the past couple of years.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bballbreakdown

Raptors have gone into total tank mode so they'll just want picks. Problem is we dont have a first rounder until 2018! If we could get him though, he would be a big upgrade from Felton who has to be one of the worst starting point guards in the league. He's been very poor this season. Felton + the 2018 pick for Lowry could happen, seeing how the Raptors are so desperate to be bad. Being high lottery pick bad is actually hard in the Eastern conference, what with everyteam except the Heat and Pacers performing poorly.

Yup. I hope the Knicks hold on to the pick tbh. If they have to use it, use it on someone better than Lowry. Nothing against Lowry, he'll improve us and I do like him, but it's ridiculous to give it up for him.

Honestly, Knicks tradable first round picks are like sci-fi crap. You have to think about the future, flying cars and moonbases before you see them not give up one stupidly.

Clippers @ Nets (Doc v KG and Pierce) and Rockets @ Blazers on tonight. Both games are on BT Sports for ye lads who have it.

Clippers @ Nets (Doc v KG and Pierce) and Rockets @ Blazers on tonight. Both games are on BT Sports for ye lads who have it.

I'll be tuning in, no college tomorrow so I'll even watch the second game live. Have Clippers -1, and might throw something on the Blazers after depending on how the first bet fairs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Which means a PP money back special for you betting folks (if not mentioned already )

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DeclansKidney

Honestly, Knicks tradable first round picks are like sci-fi crap. You have to think about the future, flying cars and moonbases before you see them not give up one stupidly.

Netw3rk? ;)

This game is a great game, the greatest I've ever seen in my entire life. Hope it never ends.

Netw3rk? ;)

Talent borrows, genius steals.:pac:

• Advertisement

I'll be tuning in, no college tomorrow so I'll even watch the second game live. Have Clippers -1, and might throw something on the Blazers after depending on how the first bet fairs out.

Here's hoping this doesn't come in :)

Advertisement