Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Here's hoping this doesn't come in :)

Its not looking very good atm anyway. Clippers have to run and take advantage of the Nets old legs. Chuck calling the Clippers "Softer than tissue paper" and I'm inclined to agree, this is not a good Nets team, and the Clips are supposed to be contenders but havn't imposed themselves on this game at all. The Nets are a better team when Garnett is sitting, he seems about two steps slow. Nets are one of the worst 3rd quarter teams in the league, so hopefully L.A can make a run and get back in touch again.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Said it before, but I really hope someone like the Grizzlies get paired with the Clippers in the first round again.

Hopefully KG gets thrown out rather soon-ish.

I'm convinced they're piping in chants of Broooooooklyn at the Barclays Center.

Another injury, this time to Lopez it looks like.

• Advertisement

Cash the Nets.

Another injury, this time to Lopez it looks like.

Sprained his left ankle. I find the Nets situation up to now amusing, but they've suffered some misfortune this season it must be said on the injury front.

Awful moment of miscommunication there between Dwight and Parsons, Dwight has to say " My ball" in that situation, and Parson's has to understand who the centre is and who the small forward is. If the Rockets lose this game by a basket... Just have to play through this spell, and stay in the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Level at 70 - 70 with 2min to go in the 3rd

All square after 3. Makes for an interesting final quarter, anyone's game

• Advertisement

8 - 0 run for Portland, Aldridge has been world class

8 - 0 run for Portland, Aldridge has been world class

No school tomorrow?

Aldridge 31 and 25. Blazers win 111 -104

Blazers win in the end. LMA coming up big in the second half with 31 points and 25 rebounds. Dwight was excellent for the Rockets too it must be said.

Oh, and remember people, gambling is evil.

NBA Bets (12/12/13):

1) Brooklyn Nets +1.5 @ 10/11, $100

I should have got on +2.5, smh.

Tonight seems like a great spot to get a big win at home for the Nets against an "elite team" (lol .... their coach and starting PG is that, the rest, meh).

It'll be the Clippers sixth road game in 9 days, playing back to back (looked tired vs Celtics last night) against a rested Brooklyn team who now have Williams, Pierce and Garnett all back in the lineup from injury. Plus in the reverse fixture a couple of weeks ago, Brooklyn only lost by 9 points when they (Brooklyn) had up to 5.. possibly 6 injured players missing that game! Clippers have three key injuries/knocks this time around. Griffin rolled his ankle last night vs Celtics. He is still probable but should show play with soreness. Brooklyn might also get Jason terry back tomorrow, he is currently listed as "probable" and can provide a spark off the bench. Coach Doc Rivers is also in town, should be interesting to see how Pierce and Garnett play in front of their old coach of so many years.

For those who love the fun ol matchup stats, D-Will is 14-5 against CP3 led teams.

Other leans in this are Total Under 197 and Deron Williams Over 14.5 Points.

2) Portland Trailblazers -3.0 @ 10/11, $100

16-6 ATS are the Blazers. Blazers are 9-2 at home this season, and they are coming off an upset against the Mavericks in their last game at the Rose Garden (refuse to call it it's new name!) a few nights ago.

There is also the 'revenge' angle tonight for the Blazers after losing in the same fixture earlier in the season. Back then, Howard and the Rockets shot 55% and Howard hit 9 from 12 from the free throw line. The Blazers shot only 41% in a appalling night for them.

Throw in the national televised factor, Rose Garden will be buzzing (one of the best arenas in the NBA, top 3 or 4 for sure) and their overall play being mostly excellent, well I'm siding with the home favourite here.

______

Leans:

1) Total Under 197 in Brooklyn
    2) Total Over 214 in Portland
    3) Brooklyn Nets 1H ML @ Evens or +1.0 @ 5/6
    4) Deron Williams Total Over 14.5 Points
    5) Brooklyn Nets ML @ 21/20

I MIGHT sprinkle a bit on one or two of them a little nearer to tip off.

Pure evil.

Drama in Lakerland. Gasol has taken a swipe at D'Antoini in the media, blaming him for Pau's poor play this season.
    “The fact that I’m not getting the ball in the post affects directly my aggressiveness,” he said. “When I’m not getting the ball where I want to, where I’m most effective, where I can bang guys and utilize my skill, that affects my aggressiveness and overall intensity.”
    This year hasn’t been ideal, certain things are not ideal for me, but that’s not going to change any time soon,” he said.

So why hasn’t it been ideal?
    “What do you think?” he said. “I’m not going to say anything, but it’s easy to see. You see a guy with a certain skill set, where does it fit better, where it doesn’t.”

When asked about D’Antoni’s sometimes pointed criticism of his toughness, Gasol shrugged.
    “I don’t pay attention. Mike is sometimes all over the place, I don’t give much credit to things like that,” he said. (wow)

When asked if D’Antoni has ever discussed this criticism with him directly, for the first time in the interview, Gasol sounded irked.
    “Nope, zero. Nope, zero,” he said. “Like I said, it’s not ideal, but it is what it is.”

A few minutes later, in another part of the emptying gym, D’Antoni offered his own shrug and acknowledged he has never discussed his criticisms directly with Gasol. We know how he has to be,” D’Antoni said. (Is D'Antoni saying that Pau has to be babied, and can't take criticism?)
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/12/13/morning-shootaround-dec-13/#lakers

Surprised you didn't post the vid a month later down the road.

Knicks and Raptors agreed on a trade for Lowry which would have seen Felton, MWP and the Knicks 2018 1st pick to Toronto. James Dolan jumped in and turned it down (surprisingly!!!).

Grizzlies shopping Z-Bo around also and want deal with the Pelicans for Andersen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Surprised you didn't post the vid a month later down the road.

LOL! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I feel bad for Kobe having to guard Westbrook tonight.

That will put some pressure on his achilles trying to guard someone like him. Then again, they know what they're doing putting him on Westbrook so it mightn't be too bad. I see him getting destroyed though.

• Advertisement

I feel bad for Kobe having to guard Westbrook tonight.

That will put some pressure on his achilles trying to guard someone like him. Then again, they know what they're doing putting him on Westbrook so it mightn't be too bad. I see him getting destroyed though.

Well it's not like they have many options, the teams 3 point guards are injured. The Lakers' team defense will have to step up and try and contain Westbrook that way. I actually have a feeling Kobe is going to have a big game tonight, atleast offensively. He looked very good against the Suns, and much like M.J, Kobe loves these kind of challenges. "He's too old, Westbrook will destroy him" will be a huge motivation for him going into tonight. I think I'll have a piece of +13.

Ideal evening would be

Nice easy win for the paces over the Hornets
    Cavs beat Magic, Irving has a great night
    Hawks beat Wizards, Teague has a great night, Wall has a stinker
    Good close rivalry game between Knicks and Celtics.
    Pistons beat Nets
    Bryant drops 81 on OKC:D

Ideal evening would be

Nice easy win for the paces over the Hornets
    Cavs beat Magic, Irving has a great night
    Hawks beat Wizards, Teague has a great night, Wall has a stinker
    Good close rivalry game between Knicks and Celtics.
    Pistons beat Nets
    Bryant drops 81 on OKC:D

Westbrook will drop him 81 times.

Unfortunately.

Westbrook will drop him 81 times.

Unfortunately.

Lakers will be lucky to get 81 points collectively tonight

Nice to see Ras Butler getting some good min tonight, HT at the fieldhouse, IND 56 - 55 CHA

Jared Sullinger can ball.

Surprising it was so quiet here during the second half of the Pacers game. I'm sure they'll be referenced again in a minute or so.

DRD's butt was puckered in that last minute.

Surprising it was so quiet here during the second half of the Pacers game. I'm sure they'll be referenced again in a minute or so.

Sure will. A little close for comfort in the 4th but we were always in control. 11 - 0 at home. 20 - 3 overall

Good win for the Cavs, Irving scored 31. Oladipo with a highscoring night. Rook of the year?

Come on ATL. Close it out.

• Advertisement

Roberson > Thabo... at least defensively.

Small sample size for Roberson, obviously, but based on Thabo's season so far for OKC, he should be on the bench.
    DRD's butt was puckered in that last minute.

Undoubtedly.

Advertisement