Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

Just finished watching the opening night games there.

Bulls fairly sunk after a great start.

Can't believe how poor the Clippers were in the last against the Lakers, absolute rubbish.
    They did everything they shouldn't while the Lakers were just knocking down 3s for fun.
    Started getting ridicules when you've players like Farmer and Hill getting easy layups like they're All-Stars.

Very disappointing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Just saw on twitter that Paul George bought 15000 tickets for Fresno states (his old uni) opening game this year just so he could give them away! What a guy!

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/paul-george-buys-every-unsold-ticket-fresno-states-home-opener

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

buyer95 wrote: »
    Just stop, please...

FYP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Just saw on twitter that Paul George bought 15000 tickets for Fresno states (his old uni) opening game this year just so he could give them away! What a guy!

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/paul-george-buys-every-unsold-ticket-fresno-states-home-opener

George is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Just finished watching the opening night games there.

Bulls fairly sunk after a great start.

Can't believe how poor the Clippers were in the last against the Lakers, absolute rubbish.
    They did everything they shouldn't while the Lakers were just knocking down 3s for fun.
    Started getting ridicules when you've players like Farmer and Hill getting easy layups like they're All-Stars.

Very disappointing.

May I ask, where did you watch it? A website? or did you have it recorded on sky? I can't find anywhere to watch a recorded game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Am I the only one that doesn't understand the hype around the clippers?

I'm thinking 4th/5th in West and at very best conference finals!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

scottmcb04 wrote: »

You're not alone. I can't believe some people are rating them so high in the rankings. 2 over-rated big men on the team.

scottmcb04 wrote: »

I've been saying as much during most of the summer on Twitter. As much as I rate both Doc and CP3, it isn't enough to get them over the finishing line (well, into a WCF) even after getting some decent spot up shooters. Soft bigs are soft and you can't depend on them during crunch time given both their free throw issues. The Blake hype in particular grates on me.

deadybai wrote: »
    May I ask, where did you watch it? A website? or did you have it recorded on sky? I can't find anywhere to watch a recorded game

I download the games of the PB.

You kind of have to be prepared to be a day behind(seeders will be sufficient by the following evening) but it saves staying up to stream/paying for NBA TV(I've enough needless bills as it is :D).

But you'll be more or less every game, and can get better quality then a live stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭BQQ

Rose is a gametime decision tonight.
    Makes 3/1 on the Knicks look big.

But even better is GSW @ 9/4 against the clippers.
    LAC were awful on Tues and Golden State are a horrible matchup for them.
    If Klay Thompson is shooting like last night, it's easy money.

• Advertisement

Vegas lines has been gradually going down on GSW to win tonight. Think there's a chance they'll be as low as 2/1 for the ML come tip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

BQQ wrote: »
    Rose is a gametime decision tonight.
    Makes 3/1 on the Knicks look big.

But even better is GSW @ 9/4 against the clippers.
    LAC were awful on Tues and Golden State are a horrible matchup for them.
    If Klay Thompson is shooting like last night, it's easy money.

I'm already on this. It's just over 11s when I did it.

Rose plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone with a Smart Tv know how to get the Game Time app over here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

deadybai wrote: »

League pass is free for the first week, you can watch the games on demand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Bulls beating up on this prison team pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This delay of game penalty craic is actually delaying the game more than ever. Awful rule.

My god, was that an awful half of basketball. I'm slagging off the Knicks, but the Bulls aren't playing much better.
    Paully D wrote: »
    This delay of game penalty craic is actually delaying the game more than ever. Awful rule.

Yeah it's just bizarre. There was never a problem with guys delaying games.

padraig_f wrote: »
    Bulls beating up on this prison team pretty easily.

Only 5 point gap at the half with NY shooting 34%

Bulls should go on and win, but I wouldn't count any chickens yet.

Suffice to say that when Metta shoots, I'm screaming in anger.

Lol and then he nails a three. Actually nailed two tonight.

• Advertisement

This ****ty game is hilariously bizarre. All tied with 2.30 remaining.

Ridiculous officiating. Absolutely no way was there definitive proof to overturn that.

Sigh.

Oh Derrick I love you.

Warriors better make me a nice wad of money now to compensate for that last game.

edit - So CP3 has gone 42-15-6 on 20 shots. He's not bad..

Very good game as a fan, less so for any bettor if you were on the Warriors or spread! CP3 and Curry were superb. Worth rewatching it for that.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Warriors better make me a nice wad of money now to compensate for that last game.

edit - So CP3 has gone 42-15-6 on 20 shots. He's not bad..

Very good game as a fan, less so for any bettor if you were on the Warriors or spread! CP3 and Curry were superb. Worth rewatching it for that.

Yeah, great game from Chris Paul.

Happy enough that my bet on the warriors represented value. You can't legislate for CP3 pulling out a performance like that.
    Golden State wins that at least 1 out of three times, so the bet was sound IMO.

What does everyone make of the Blake Griffen - Mark Jackson incident?
    For me, Jackson initiated the contact, but Blake overreacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Happy enough that my bet on the warriors represented value. You can't legislate for CP3 pulling out a performance like that.

Wasn't really anything to be honest, teams don't like each other and are becoming rivals so will always be a bit of tension. Griffin can be a bit of a drama queen at times.

Exactly, a career type game from CP3 and tbf, I'd make that bet 7 times out of 10 without much hesitation. Just reading in the NY Times that GSW didn't arrive in LA till very late, literally a few hours before the game began due to a flight delay back. While not a long trip of course, I'd have been a tad more cautious stake wise then what I ended up betting last night too.

Both equally at fault to answer your question. Jackson is a hard figure to like I find.

Wasn't a good performance, but the finish was good.

Derrick Rose brings back The Roar

• Advertisement

Heat @ Nets has the potential to get fiery tonight. I'd expect it to be played at a high intensity relative to other second or third games of the season. AK-47 makes his debut too.

Advertisement