Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Just a heads up to to anyone adding me on Twitter in future, send us a PM on here beforehand otherwise I won't accept the invite request.

Yup. Bit sad really, but not a surprise.

You don't even support any team. You can't criticize, sitting on the fence.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I support good basketball and making money you beyond silly thing, so what. At least my opinion is taken seriously by those that matter here and whose opinions and thoughts I most certainly have time for, you can't say the same.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Knicks talking Shumpert trades with Lakers, Raptors and Nuggets according to Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Dude, you don't have to support a team to like a sport. Possibly the dumbest comment I've seen on here in quite a while - and that's saying something!

Miami eyeing Jordan Crawford according to Sports Illustrated. Might be the move Boston need to make the lottery!

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Knicks talking Shumpert trades with Lakers, Raptors and Nuggets according to Twitter.

Shump would be very good on any of those teams, well, maybe less so Lakers now Kobe is back. A team with up tempo, end to end game his game siots. Under Melo-ball/Woodson's system, he'll stagnate IMO.

Miami eyeing Jordan Crawford according to Sports Illustrated. Might be the move Boston need to make the lottery!

Do the Heat have a 1st round pick any time soon?

Shump would be very good on any of those teams, well, maybe less so Lakers now Kobe is back. A team with up tempo, end to end game his game siots. Under Melo-ball/Woodson's system, he'll stagnate IMO.

Do the Heat have a 1st round pick any time soon?

Agree on Shumpert, would be a good fit. Though if I'm LA and not making the playoffs next year and have the power to restock almost the complete roster as pretty much everyone is off the books after this year I think I might just leave things be.

The Heat have Philly's pick for 2014 but as that's Top 14 protected and Philly will be in the Lottery that changes to 2nd round picks in 2015 & 2016. I don't think they have anything in the tank other than that until 2016 so it would have to be a player trade - LeBron maybe? :rolleyes::D

Agree on Shumpert, would be a good fit. Though if I'm LA and not making the playoffs next year and have the power to restock almost the complete roster as pretty much everyone is off the books after this year I think I might just leave things be.

The Heat have Philly's pick for 2014 but as that's Top 14 protected and Philly will be in the Lottery that changes to 2nd round picks in 2015 & 2016. I don't think they have anything in the tank other than that until 2016 so it would have to be a player trade - LeBron maybe? :rolleyes::D

Or Ray Allen :pac:

Kevin Love picking off where he left off in San Antonio.

14 first quarter points for Rudy Gay against the Rockets.

Honestly don't see what the heat would give us that we'd want unless there's a 3rd team there

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

If you acquire a detailed and balanced following of the game for a long time, and seek to learn about all teams,their strengths and weaknesses, and you know what you are talking about, then yes, you can have an opinion. It best to have no bias for credibility purposes. NURI to be fair seems to have credibility.

Unlike sports that are on tap here, the great thing about the NBA is that you can simply watch games every night and appreciate great play regardless of the team and even root for a team tha has had a crappy period.not this blind "my team is the best no matter what " tripe.

Lord that reply is what you would expect from a primary school kid. I assume you were joking.

Are you a season ticket holder at the Pacers? Go to many games when you can? Signed up to any supporter club? Own a pacer jersey ? (maybe you do )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

I don know if that's good or bad short term (of course maybe great long term) banking on Rondo to make a Lassurus recovery in January? Oh if you had only said Miami was looking for Wallace...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I don know if that's good or bad short term (of course maybe great long term) banking on Rondo to make a Lassurus recovery in January? Oh if you had only said Miami was looking for Wallace...

The Celtics are trying to be bad this year though. Stevens is just too good a coach for this team to be downright awful like the Jazz. So Ainge trading Crawford, who has been a very pleasant surprise this year makes sense. If they keep him and Rondo comes back they are likely a fringe playoff team. Ainge does not want this, and if I was a C's fan I wouldn't either. Yeah the Bucks made the playoffs last year, but what would their fans have preferred getting swept in the playoffs, or drafting a franchise altering player like Parker or Wiggins like Boston wants to do? Crawford could be a great role player on a contender. On Rondo I can see it shaking out this way. He comes back, plays well for about 5 games, putting him in the shop window. The Celtics then go and trade him for picks.

Fan yelled to Dwight Howard: "How's Kobe?"

Dwight replied: "How's your mother?"

:D

Hey If ye don't want Rondo. I'm sure Larry Bird over in Indiana wouldn't mind trading Granger, Hill and some draft picks for Rondo.

It would be a win-win situation. Celtics get a good PG to replace Rondo, Grangers expiring $14m contract and future first round picks.

Pacers finally get a franchise point guard to complete a potential championship winning unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fan yelled to Dwight Howard: "How's Kobe?"

Dwight replied: "How's your mother?"

:D

The best thing about that is, given how many different women Dwight has slept with, there's a good he has been with the mother in question :pac:

OT in Detroit. 99 - 99 after regulation. Come on Pistons.

Wow Damian Lillard scores the winning shot with one tenth of a second left on the clock. Leaving Detroit no time to respond. Pure class

OKC up 14 with 3 minutes left and they end up winning by 3 points. They only scored a single basket in the final 4 minutes too. Facepalm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Gay with another very good game for the Kings with 26/5/4/4 on 50% shooting as Kings blowout Rockets.

Warriors are really struggling, even taking into account the injuries. Wouldn't even make 8th seed if the POs were to happen tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Hey If ye don't want Rondo. I'm sure Larry Bird over in Indiana wouldn't mind trading Granger, Hill and some draft picks for Rondo.

It would be a win-win situation. Celtics get a good PG to replace Rondo, Grangers expiring $14m contract and future first round picks.

Pacers finally get a franchise point guard to complete a potential championship winning unit.

When pigs fly. Ainge will want high draft picks for Rondo.

moneyman wrote: »
    Gay with another very good game for the Kings with 26/5/4/4 on 50% shooting as Kings blowout Rockets.

Warriors are really struggling, even taking into account the injuries. Wouldn't even make 8th seed if the POs were to happen tomorrow.

Thankfully, that isn't the case :)

They'll be fine once Iggy returns IMO.

But.. I still think the loss of Jack off the bench will be a detriment to them come the playoffs . He was the primary ball handler in crunch time people forget.

buyer95 wrote: »
    When pigs fly. Ainge will want high draft picks for Rondo.

It's not impossible. Granted it probably won't happen. But Rondo would prefer to be playing for championships than playing struggle ball a some scrub team like the Bucks or the Jazz.

It's not impossible. Granted it probably won't happen. But Rondo would prefer to be playing for championships than playing struggle ball a some scrub team like the Bucks or the Jazz.

It doesn't matter what Rondo would prefer, maybe you are unaware of this, but it is the GM who decides on trades not the player.

buyer95 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what Rondo would prefer, maybe you are unaware of this, but it is the GM who decides on trades not the player.
    Yes the ultimate decision comes down to the GM but if It's not worth it to hold on to a disenfranchised player. GMs can resist but eventually players of Rondo's caliber generally get their way.

Yes the ultimate decision comes down to the GM but if It's not worth it to hold on to a disenfranchised player. GMs can resist but eventually players of Rondo's caliber generally get their way.

Yup Shure you may as well just trade a 2nd rounder for him so,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pacers don't need Rondo anyway. Their style of basketball doesn't suit a pure PG.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Pacers don't need Rondo anyway. Their style of basketball doesn't suit a pure PG.
    Yeah you're probably right Navan. Still it's a nice dream:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Yeah you're probably right Navan. Still it's a nice dream:rolleyes:
    So you want to trade Granger and Hill and put Lance on the bench?

I don't see how this puts the Pacers in a better position to win a Championship.

Even just looking at it from a morale point of view it would hurt the team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pistons dominating in Indiana at the moment

Advertisement