Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Brilliant piece on Ray Allen's 3 pointer in game 6 and the last 29 seconds of that game:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20131218/ray-allen-miami-heat-29-seconds-nba-finals-game-6/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Paully D wrote: »
    Brilliant piece on Ray Allen's 3 pointer in game 6 and the last 29 seconds of that game:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20131218/ray-allen-miami-heat-29-seconds-nba-finals-game-6/

Saw that earlier, pretty cool.

See this?
    http://nba.si.com/2013/12/18/ray-allen-jesus-shuttlesworth-nickname-jersey/

I can see the revenue opportunities for the NBA for this type of thing, but as a basketball purist, I don't like it.

That said, I had an unlicensed Celtics Shuttlesworth Tee….maybe it's just a Miami thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Fair play to him for hitting the winner, but I'm going to rain on the parade a bit and criticise him for taking it. It was a bad shot to take IMO. I realise I'm being extremely harsh considering he made it, but that is not a high percentage shot.

It's one of those where if it drops, it's great and if not, it's terrible. I wouldn't want him taking those type of shots to win the game again.

It's not the worst in fairness, the game was tied so worst case they go to OT if he misses; he's not got a huge amount of time to make an isolation play to the basket (esp. when you consider the defence was set), and he left pretty much no time on the clock after it dropped thus denying the opposition a chance to tie with a hail mary. Ask yourself this - if Larry Bird had made that would you be as critical?

You want a bad shot with a good outcome? Try this - my favorite moment from the 2010 Worlds - kinda reminds me of Lillard's in a way:

Terrible offense when you consider the amount of time he wastes before shooting and leaves on the clock, terrible shot selection FROM STUPIDLY DEEP but hey, it went it and they won so it's all good in the hood. Right? :D

I watched that game live. When he shot it I was like "WTF?", then it went in and I just burst out laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Fair play to him for hitting the winner, but I'm going to rain on the parade a bit and criticise him for taking it. It was a bad shot to take IMO. I realise I'm being extremely harsh considering he made it, but that is not a high percentage shot.

It's one of those where if it drops, it's great and if not, it's terrible. I wouldn't want him taking those type of shots to win the game again.

I would agree with this if they were losing when he took it but when it was a tie, it's not that bad. That and he was 7-11 from 3 and from hitting the winner the game before he was full of confidence I'm sure.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You're not alone, man. I thought it was a daft play.

Happy him for him nonetheless as seems like a genuinely level headed, nice guy going by all the pieces on him and his Youtube vids he did last summer. Love the way he doesn't go mental like most players at clutch shots too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Lebron will play tonight despite ankle issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Frank Vogel has recovered from food poisoning too, should be a good one!

surprised to see so many empty seat at the heat game
    currently 6-6

5 turnovers by Indiana already

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Let's go Pacers. Most important stat is the scoreline

• Advertisement

Would like to see PG get into this more, lance playing well

what a block!

two great blocks from Mahinmi at the end of that quarter

A big part of Miami's offence is 3-point shooting.
    They're 0/5 in that 1st quarter.

I think it was Nuri who said last week that they've been cold on 3s for a while now.
    That's something they need to rectify urgently.

So far so good. Up 4 after the 1st. Not bad.

Beautiful play by Lance there

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

All about Lance so far.

Lead extended to 10 pts by the bench. Great start to the 2nd

Lance to Luis = Swish!!

Not much anyone can do when Lebron turns it on

Turnovers on turnovers on turnovers.

• Advertisement

The King single-handedly keeping the Heat in this.

Raf32 wrote: »
    surprised to see so many empty seat at the heat game
    currently 6-6

Usually the case in a lot of NBA arenas for the 1Q and early 3Q in the regular seasons, but especially so, Miami games.

Good chance with James sitting now!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Usually the case in a lot of NBA arenas for the 1Q and early 3Q in the regular seasons, but especially so, Miami games.

Thanks only my first full season watching so havent came across it much and was wondering

Storm Weathered. Pacers extend back to 10 point lead after Lebron sits down

828323404.gif?1387415032

Thanks only my first full season watching so haven't came across it much and was wondering
    Heat fans are not real NBA fans. The vast majority of them jumped on the Lebron bandwagon.

Thanks only my first full season watching so havent came across it much and was wondering

No prob. It's the weird, show up to the party super late so all the attention is on me, thus I'm cool mentality really :pac: Never understood spending the money people do, just to end up showing up late on purpose!

How many times has Bosh turned it over now? :mad:
    His handling has been amateurish tonight.

Heat are just playing terribly. Still 0% on 3s

• Advertisement

Pacers are in foul trouble here.

Advertisement