Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Why won't this game die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

At least Woodson remembered to call a timeout this time

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NYC2013

Cant get my head around the complete stupidity of the New York Knicks, Bargnani taking that shot tonight and Woodson not calling a time out on Monday. At least Chandler is back i suppose.

If Knicks cover here...

• Advertisement

Well done Chucker!

Knicks cover, I don't ****ing believe it :D

Suns - Spurs now!

BQQ wrote: »
    Pacers lose, John Wall wins and my Bobcats bet cashes.
    What a night!

Just waiting on the Spurs now for my Miami/SA double. :)

'grats man.

Just cross your fingers Houston wins by 9 for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DeclansKidney

From Rob Mahoney's twitter

"Only one player since 2008 has attempted 17 (or more) three-pointers in a game. His name is JR Smith...and he's done it three times."

11/18
    10/17
    5/17 (tonight)

e82ed17181f47ce7ad0a629c539c04a8.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nice night for you Nuri, see my tweet? Not happy!

Nice night for you Nuri, see my tweet? Not happy!

Cheers. NY HT spread and Suns Phoenix aside, well over 700 quid profit in total last night.

Yeah, only just woke up there and read your tweet. Not sure what you meant though by your tweet. Namely the registered bit. Care to elaborate?

Placed 10 bets and went to bed. Woke up to find that only one of them was actually processed at their end - a losing one "unsurprisingly". They say they have none of the other 9 registered. Left north of €500 on the table. Not a happy camper as I'm sure you can imagine.

828350170.gif?1387429811

Guess the dumbass. Tweets were post-game.

Placed 10 bets and went to bed. Woke up to find that only one of them was actually processed at their end - a losing one "unsurprisingly". They say they have none of the other 9 registered. Left north of €500 on the table. Not a happy camper as I'm sure you can imagine.

Jaysus man! :(

I'd be raging alright! I hope you followed that up with their live help and see what they have to say for themselves, because if you placed it beforehand, well unless the odds/lines were changed by the time you actually placed all them bets, it should have gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I still can't believe Bargnani last night?? He must have thought they were trailing or something?? Melo showed up when it was needed though gotta give him that.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Jaysus man! :(

I'd be raging alright! I hope you followed that up with their live help and see what they have to say for themselves, because if you placed it beforehand, well unless the odds/lines were changed by the time you actually placed all them bets, it should have gone through.

I got a confirmation the bets had placed (9 singles on one slip, 8 of which came in) before I logged off, they say it never recorded at their end. I didn't keep a record of it - a very expensive lesson learned for trusting their system. With them at least 10 years, majorly p!ssed off but they said there's nothing they can do.

I got a confirmation the bets had placed (9 singles on one slip, 8 of which came in) before I logged off, they say it never recorded at their end. I didn't keep a record of it - a very expensive lesson learned for trusting their system. With them at least 10 years, majorly p!ssed off but they said there's nothing they can do.

Have accounts with multiple bookies, man. I use a mix of PP, 365, Skybet, Betvictor, Pinnacle, bwin and 5dimes. Only recently have I began using PP due to their Money Back Special offer this month for BT Sport games.

Long term it'll be back to 365, bwin and 5dimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Asik is now off the trading block, there must have been some really bad offers coming in considering how public morey was in his trade talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

stuchyg wrote: »
    Asik is now off the trading block, there must have been some really bad offers coming in considering how public morey was in his trade talk

This amused me:

@ESPNSteinLine:
    "Tho Asik is $10 million-a-year center when you average salary this season & next, owing him $15 mil of total next season has put teams off"

as the Rockets structured it like that to make it hard for the Bulls to match. $5m this year, $15m next year. But if you're into luxury tax, that $15m can cost you more.

@Lakers: Kobe Bryant has a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee. He is expected to miss 6 weeks.

Jeez...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

What do you think Bryant's legacy will ultimately be ?

its all about rings with kobe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

stuchyg wrote: »

I like Asik but find he has become overrated this past year. Maybe it was just people buying into the Rockets trying to get his trade value up. He's a great rim protector, but his offense is so bad it almost negates it.

EDIT - that's a bit harsh on him looking back. I should probably just say his offensive contribution could be better and he's not worth his contract or what the Rockets are asking for.

Pop is resting Manu and Duncan tonight, to go along with Parker on the shelves for a bit.

Warriors line is about to be hit HARD :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

OKC in Mile High City against the Nuggets is game of the night, should be a good'un. OKC owes them for last season at their place.

That Ty Lawson shot and shimmy afterwards still brings a big smile to my face.Still OKC handed that game to them, Durant and Westbrook missed far too many free throws that night

A winner who somehow is really disliked by non Laker fans (non bull fans like Jordan, Non Laker fans love Magic and Shaq) and his some of his former teammates, a ball hog, but a damn good player, a bit of an outsider.

Maybe it is time to call it a day while his name is not tarnished. Lakers won't be getting any rings

Have accounts with multiple bookies, man. I use a mix of PP, 365, Skybet, Betvictor, Pinnacle, bwin and 5dimes. Only recently have I began using PP due to their Money Back Special offer this month for BT Sport games.

Long term it'll be back to 365, bwin and 5dimes.

What are the differences in odds offered by 365 and Paddy's? much difference?

BQQ wrote: »
    LOL.

Can't believe we were that bad and still won. :D:D

Ray Allen = clutch :cool:

I know LeBron rarely misses a match, but for christ sake, you wouldn't really think that he think that he was hurt, scoring and rebounding wise. (was praying that he might foul out lol)

for me it is Bosh, miserable game in parts but drew the fouls and a lovely 3 pointer to tie the game.

Of course, Wade was super

What are the differences in odds offered by 365 and Paddy's? much difference?

Difference revolves around default lines given and additional bets included with some books, and others don't. Bet 365 has a far better selection on prop (player) bets than Paddypower for example. However, Paddypower has the Money Back Special offer this month. I'm all about shopping around :)

• Advertisement

Reggie Jackson is so much fun to watch.

Advertisement