Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Yup, the guy is a stud. Right now, he's duking it out for sixth man of the year along with Mo Williams up in Portland.

Somehow, this is only a 9 point game.

****ing Bulls cover the spread by 1. 25 free throws in the first half for the Bulls and only 4 for OKC on home court... talk about shady officiating :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors are playing just awful awful basketball, need a serious turnaround in the 4th, haven't seen them this sloppy in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

This game perfectly illustrates why the Spurs are contenders every year, while the warriors are just pretenders that will go out in the second round, they don't play hard, don't defend, careless witrh the ball, happy to just shoot long jumpers any time they get the ball in transition. Their coach doesn't inspire anyone either.

Warriors don't deserve nowt from this, but like Miami against a similar Spurs line up last year in Miami, they'll probably sneak it.

• Advertisement

Diaw beasting.

Steph..

Delighted for Spurs, absolutely delighted. 24 or whatever it was turnovers. Deserved nowt as I said above.

As a Warriors fan, I didnt even want to sneak the win, it would just gloss over a terrible terrible performance, just jump shot after jump shot, Curry and Thompson were off yet did never decided to go inside consistently. They leave it until the 4th to show any fight and at that they are just waiting for Curry to light it up.
    I think they will be ok in the long run and come playoffs will prove a difficult team for anyone in a playoff setting but they need to pull the finger out.
    Lee was pretty good to be fair and Bogut offered some decent rim protection at times.

Very happy for Bellineli, he is a very good player and a nice fit for that team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

This game tonight is very important for the Pacers. We need to bounce back after the disappointments of Detroit and Miami. Hopefully Granger gets some good minuets off the bench tonight. To lose this would be devastating. It would mean 3 straight defeats. It's vital we stop the bleeding now and get back on the winning streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Noah went to the Thunder locker room after the game last night.
    Kendrick Perkins was not impressed.

7XNtfN.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Perkins what a tough guy, the big oaf.

• Advertisement

As a Warriors fan, I didnt even want to sneak the win, it would just gloss over a terrible terrible performance, just jump shot after jump shot, Curry and Thompson were off yet did never decided to go inside consistently. They leave it until the 4th to show any fight and at that they are just waiting for Curry to light it up.
    I think they will be ok in the long run and come playoffs will prove a difficult team for anyone in a playoff setting but they need to pull the finger out.
    Lee was pretty good to be fair and Bogut offered some decent rim protection at times.

Very happy for Bellineli, he is a very good player and a nice fit for that team.

It's awful coaching is what it is. I joke about this a lot, but as time passes, I honestly can see Mark Jackson drawing up the last play, scraping it and instead just saying Steph, you and God are going to take us home.. Don't get me wrong, he is generally a good motivator, but he was schooled by Pop last night. That and weirdness in not calling timeouts at critical moments of games, when momentum is near 100% with the other team is bizarre. Much like Scott Brooks at OKC, even if Brooks is becoming better in this regards.

As you pointed out, Lee and Bogut had good games at both ends. They could and should have been used far more down the stretch than they were. Spleights has been putting in some good minutes the last few games too. Curry at least hit a some big shots. Klay was just a black hole on the offensive end and despite shooting the ball well before Iggy's injury and without seeing the stats, he's been really disappointing for the most part since.

I keep on harping about it, but Jack and a lesser extend, Landry off the bench, losing them was a big loss. Their instant offense was badly missed.

BQQ wrote: »
    Noah went to the Thunder locker room after the game last night.
    Kendrick Perkins was not impressed.

7XNtfN.png

Noah isn't a former player and Thabo should have known better IMO. GOATkins was right to do what he did..a nd apparently the rest of the Thunder players were unhappy with Thabo as well.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    It's awful coaching is what it is. I joke about this a lot, but as time passes, I honestly can see Mark Jackson drawing up the last play, scraping it and instead just saying Steph, you and God are going to take us home.. Don't get me wrong, he is generally a good motivator, but he was schooled by Pop last night. That and weirdness in not calling timeouts at critical moments of games, when momentum is near 100% with the other team is bizarre. Much like Scott Brooks at OKC, even if Brooks is becoming better in this regards.

As you pointed out, Lee and Bogut had good games at both ends. They could and should have been used far more down the stretch than they were. Spleights has been putting in some good minutes the last few games too. Curry at least hit a some big shots. Klay was just a black hole on the offensive end and despite shooting the ball well before Iggy's injury and without seeing the stats, he's been really disappointing for the most part since.

I keep on harping about it, but Jack and a lesser extend, Landry off the bench, losing them was a big loss. Their instant offense was badly missed.

Noah isn't a former player and Thabo should have known better IMO. GOATkins was right to do what he did..a nd apparently the rest of the Thunder players were unhappy with Thabo as well.

Exactly, jackson has done well but is a little bit immune from media criticism. As you said Pop is such a solid smart coach, his timeouts are very good,always aimed at stopping any momentum or calling out sloppy play where as Jackson just seems to ride it out sometimes and boom you are on the back of a 12 -0 run or something. Don't get me started on the whole God thing............I try to block it out.
    Yea they miss that quality and energy off the bench, it's just not happening at the moment. They don't seem well coached or highly motivated, Klay can look like a man that doesn't want to be there at times.
    Jackson takes a lot of credit for the turn around of the Warriors which is reasonable but the new ownership is the real difference for me and e positive trades they have made to make the franchise into a noteworthy team and not just a run and gun show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

recommended game for tonight anyone?

deadybai wrote: »

SAC-MIA for me

Would like to stay up til the Lakers game. Win streak coming for with them now that Kobe is out of the system again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Just watched game 6 of the 1998 finals again. What a game, don't think you'll ever see as many white men with side parts in their hair on an NBA floor again

deadybai wrote: »

Pacers V Rockets - 01:00 Irish time.

All Star level players on show. Paul George, James Harden, Roy Hibbert, Dwight Howard

The Return of Danny Granger

Must win game at home for Indiana

A must win game.. in mid-December!?

WTF!

WTF!

My exact thought.

DRD you're allowed to lose a few games. Sit back and relax and enjoy the game instead of worrying about them winning every single game.

WTF!

Psychologically yes a win is very important tonight. We want that number 1 seed in the east. It's a two horse race. We can't give Miami an inch or they will take a mile.

Granger can be a big asset to us whether he comes back and contributes scoring from the bench or we trade his expiring contract to get another piece. Either way, if he can get back to near his best, It will benefit the team.

No disrespect to The Kings but I seriously doubt they are going to help us out tonight, Boogie doesn't fill be with confidence:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Psychologically yes a win is very important tonight. We want that number 1 seed in the east. It's a two horse race. We can't give Miami an inch or they will take a mile.

Granger can be a big asset to us whether he comes back and contributes scoring from the bench or we trade his expiring contract to get another piece. Either way, if he can get back to near his best, It will benefit the team.
    Nah the psychological must wins are against the teams you may face in a playoff series. With respect to both teams I don't see a Pacers versus Rockets NBA Finals this year.
    Must win regular season games for Indiana are Miami, Atlanta, Detroit etc

Anyone watching Starters on NBA TV right now?

Anyone watching Starters on NBA TV right now?
    Nope. Watching game 4 from the 2000 finals. Lakers vs Pacers

Felexicon wrote: »
    Nope. Watching game 4 from the 2000 finals. Lakers vs Pacers

How's Reggie Playing?

How's Reggie Playing?
    not great 18 pts half way through the 4th. No answer for Shaq inside.

Felexicon wrote: »
    not great 18 pts half way through the 4th. No answer for Shaq inside.
    I won't ruin the ending for you :D

I won't ruin the ending for you :D
    Nah I remember watching it live. We're heading for O.T

A little Philly V BK to start off

A must win in December, I've heard it all now.

LeBron just killed McLemore.

131220-jamesdunk.gif

• Advertisement

Ready for tip off in Indiana. Let's go Pacers

Advertisement