Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Get pass from Lance, Dunk finish from George.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Looking forward to see how the pacers reintegrate Granger over the next few games starting tonight. A great battle of the centres to enjoy as well.

Welcome Back DANNY GRANGER!

Rejection! Granger blocks Howard, Brilliant

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

This thread at the moment is like the La Liga thread when Barca plays.

• Advertisement

Bobcats, namely Big Al just went ham late in the 4Q up in Detroit.

Evan Turner clutch in OT against the Nets!

The Kings shot 58.1% from the field and lost by 19 to the Heat. The last time a team shot that well and lost by that much was... back in 1986.

Big night from Kyrie to edge the Bucks out in OT. Jack (stupid Warriors -_-) and Clark made some big shots in OT as well.

Woohoo! Highlight Reel Baby. Paul George spin reverse dunk. 26 point lead

Indiana Pacers -5.5 is easy money, too easy to call the game.

Rubio is cleared fit for tonight. Should be a good game between the Lakers and Twolves.

Mavs - Raptors going down to the wire now.

OT in Dallas. DeRozan hit a 70 footer after time expired.

Raptors come back from 19 down to defeat the Mavs 109-108 in OT and on the road. .

Very good night for Pacernation. Comfortable win against a west playoff team. Harden was kept very quite throughout. George Hill improved from recent performances, Paul George another big performance, Granger returned an had some good minutes on the floor, Bench again was brilliant, contributing over 40 of our points.

• Advertisement

Lakers are back to being fun to watch again.

What a monster comeback from the Suns in Denver!

Awesome win for the Suns as it was terrible implosion for the Nuggets, Suns win in Denver by 1.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Lakers are back to being fun to watch again.

Not sure why they want to win games, Surely their objective for this season should be to tank and pick up a high draft pick to go along with the superstar free agent they intend to sign

Dour 2Q from the Lakers.
    ADΞ™ @The_Ade_11h

Oh, @kevinlove is playing against the @Lakers tonight. In LA. Where he grew up. Where he lives in the off-season. He's an UCLA alumni. Wink.

Yup, 20 points at HT.

Twolves terrible down the stretch. Lakers win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Not sure why they want to win games, Surely their objective for this season should be to tank and pick up a high draft pick to go along with the superstar free agent they intend to sign

A franchise can intentionally tank but players don't really set out to tank, what do they get out of that ?
    A lot of these players will be looking to impress, there will be contracts on the line...
    They can score and will run it up and down the court, that can catch teams on the hop.
    But I fully expect them not to amount to much come end of season

Brook Lopez broke his foot (again) and is out for the season.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/12/21/5232786/brook-lopez-has-broken-foot

Devastating news for the Nets. They may make the playoffs, but the "win now" experiment is destined to fail. The 2 sleeping giants will have to step up, like how they did when Rondo went down last year. The problem is, I don't think KG or Pierce have anything left in the tank. The Atlantic Division is now laughably bad, there is 2 teams trying to win it and the rest trying to lose. With Chandler back for the Knicks they should start to get a bit of consistency, and hopefully put a few wins together.

OKC @ Spurs isn't on national TV tonight >_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I bet they regret putting Bulls v Nets on Christmas day. What an awful game that's going to be.

Awesome win for the Wizards, big comeback after the shocking first half where they shot 25% from the field! Three wins out of three on their current road trip. Said they just needed to have Nene, Beal and Wall on the floor and they'll be fine :)

Knicks were hammered in the paint by Z-Bo and co. a little earlier. Knicks didn't play too bad, but keep digging themselves into a hole with the awful starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I bet they regret putting Bulls v Nets on Christmas day. What an awful game that's going to be.

Unders all the way. €€€.

Dwight's schooling Drummond so far. He's 20-10 with 5 minutes left in the 1st half.

Charlotte Hornets logo next season -

BcDZ0GrCQAEctDx.png:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

NufcNavan wrote: »

I'm not really recommending you watch it, obviously not the same draw without Rose, but the Bulls are playing a bit better than their recent record. The guard play had just been killing them with Hinrich/Teague, Teague just hasn't developed at all into someone who can run an NBA offense. And then you've got no-one on the team who can create their own shot.

But things have improved the last couple of games with DJ Augustin, I like him, not flashy, but efficient, can run the offense, and knock down a 3 when he's off the ball. As I write, he's playing a very good game tonight.

Disappointed to see Lopez go down, not a fan of the Nets, but he's one player I liked, skilled big guy. I wonder if he's a possible trade target for a team trying to tank this year?

Dwight just killed the same front court that gave Hibbert fits going 35 points and 19 rebounds. Very impressive win for the Rockets considering they were on a road B2B and without both Lin and Harden tonight.

Steven Adams really was a tremendous pick up for the Thunder in the last draft.

OKC up by 9 going into the fourth in San Antonio.

Very impressive win for OKC. Big night for the bench (again), Ibaka and Westbrook. KD made some great defensive plays too.

828917937.gif?1387686867

:pac:

... and I needed the next one for Clippers -1.5 2Q to cash :D

828920656.gif?1387687824

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just read on another site that ATL have the nets pick this year, unprotected.

As bad as it is to see brook injured you must be rubbing your hands in glee if your a hawks fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just finished watching survive and advance. Being on the verge of tears at 12 on a Sunday morning is not a good look.

Wife looking at me funnily

stuchyg wrote: »
    Just finished watching survive and advance. Being on the verge of tears at 12 on a Sunday morning is not a good look.

Wife looking at me funnily

Absolutely fantastic documentary. Jimmy V is an inspiration, and lived an amazing yet too short a life. I've seen it twice and both times I cried during his ESPY speech.This video has been posted on boards before, and I know that it's off topic, but it should be allowed with some of the crap that gets posted on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Everything going great for the Thunder this season so far. Everyone on fire , absolute unreal bench performance night in and night out , as stated last night Reggie has to be the best "Back Up" point guard /6th man in the league right about now. And Ibaka shooting 3's?. Unheard of last season :D

Advertisement