Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Pretty good game here, nice little battle between Rubio and Wall

Orlando are destroying Detroit right now

Close finish in Charlotte, Good night for Kemba Walker. McRoberts blows a wide open 3 to win the game

T Wolves extend lead to 17, Nice finish from Brewer

20. Rubio to K Love in the corner - All day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

There is no need to post every basket, if people want to follow a game that closely they will keep track it on a dedicated commentary feed. Simply reeks of trying to increase a post count!

kmart6 wrote: »
    There is no need to post every basket, if people want to follow a game that closely they will keep track it on a dedicated commentary feed. Simply reeks of trying to increase a post count!

Just enjoying the game. Don't care about post count. Put it back to 0 for all I care.

Rubio smells a TD

Is Kidd safe for the moment?

Is Kidd safe for the moment?
    A win over the Bucks won't impress too many Nets officials.:D

• Advertisement

Nice play from JJ Barea tonight

Beal not looking so good. Nice to see Porter and Muhammad on the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Whats up with currys shot lately, been pretty poor on the scoring aspect of his game! Although he has managed to drop a few late in games and he has been pretty smart dishing the ball(16 assists tonight, 13 rebounds also so far)

Would love to see them do well and I think once igoudala gets back they are contenders, despite being kinda poor defensively! Altough I did see a stat that they are +15/16 points per 100 possessoons with him on the court!

In Portland atm heading to heat game tomorrow night, heres hoping that portland keep to there close game winning streak!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Heat were missing Wade, Birdman and Allen, no doubt looking ahead to tomorrow, but that's a very good win for Sac Town in OT. Cousins was always going to play his part, and he most certainly did and then some.
    scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Whats up with currys shot lately, been pretty poor on the scoring aspect of his game! Although he has managed to drop a few late in games and he has been pretty smart dishing the ball(16 assists tonight, 13 rebounds also so far)

Would love to see them do well and I think once igoudala gets back they are contenders, despite being kinda poor defensively! Altough I did see a stat that they are +15/16 points per 100 possessoons with him on the court!

In Portland atm heading to heat game tomorrow night, heres hoping that portland keep to there close game winning streak!

Lucky sod!

He's been a bit hot n cold since Iggy went down, but sure, most pure shooters go through spells of it. As you eluded to, he's being effective areas at least. Iggy has been back the last few games and the Warriors are getting there gradually. Only the third time the Suns have lost by double digits too to put the win tonight in perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Thats a mental stat for a team that most would have laughed at at the start of the seaon! No offense to phoenix!

Golden state are a rare team, they are unbeatable when things are going right for them!

A good thing for them is that curry seems to thrive under the pressure, he was pretty good last year in the playoffs!

The west is ridiculously loaded this year, sad thing is that miami will probably tale whoever to 7 and win, christ I would love to be wrong!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

David Aldridge
    Just got a brief text from Al Horford, who says he's "probably not" going to be back for the playoffs this year. That truly stinks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

@Dublin Red Devil, take it easy with the posting. I have zero interest having to read a basket by basket recap of a game when I log on in the morning.

@Dublin Red Devil, take it easy with the posting. I have zero interest having to read a basket by basket recap of a game when I log on in the morning.

You got it boss:cool:

Well done to the Kings last night. Just saw some highlights there, Fell asleep after the T Wolves game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Well you admit Teague has been sensational. He's one of the more improved players in the east, Irving is a superstar, He's class all the way. Your judgement of him is clouded by your desire to inseminate John Wall

I have to admit, this made me laugh, for the sheer irony of it if anything. I wonder what you would do to the Pacers team.....
    Its all fun and games until someone gets inseminated :pac:

Had decent tickets to the Warriors game last night but had to give them away last minute, ah well, watched it on tv, not a great game anyway, Suns didnt play well.
    When the Warriors click they are hard to stop thats why I think they will be dangerous in the playoff setting, fast intense basketball suits them.
    Bogut has come a long way, I was at his first game for the Warriors and he looked so awkward and out of sorts, now he is sharp, fit and mobile, he makes such a difference in guarding the ring. Hope he stays healthy.
    They could do with a bit more of the bench but what can you do.

• Advertisement

Oh dear.
    Brett Poirier NBA @BrettNBA
    Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum has been suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Oh dear.

''Conduct detrimental to the team''

Does his 0-11 shooting night count? :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    ''Conduct detrimental to the team''

Does his 0-11 shooting night count? :pac:

He had a shocker the another night alright!
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    @WojYahooNBA
    About Bynum suspension, league source tells Yahoo: "He doesn't want to play basketball anymore. He never liked it that much in first place."

It's a shame someone like Pop didn't make a move for him during the off-season. If Woj is correct like he usually is, that's Bynum done for.

*Watch the Knicks pick him up*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Crazy to think someone would want to just pack it in like that. I suppose if he really doesn't like it, crazy as it sounds, they you can't blame him.

Cavs did take the risk when they signed Bynum. It might have been a good move had Andrew himself taken it as a chance at a fresh start and put in the effort and dedication. But he obviously does have it in him to be a star in the NBA. He's mentally weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Bill Simmons. Probably saying that he doesn't love basketball just to get released from Cavs.
    Expect Bynum to miraculously regain his love for basketball once he gets away from this messy Cavs situation. He has an end game here

Cavs' big mistake was including a Jan. 7 opt-out deadline for them to guarantee rest of Bynum's deal this year. Gave him an out

From what I hear, Bynum wants to end up with Heat or Clips. But he'd have to be released + Cavs want to trade him

Also hearing he'd consider Boston - Celts have expirings/assets to get him (if they wanted him). His ideal teams are Miami/Clips though

This is super-important because a semi-healthy Bynum could swing the title race if he lands with Heat or Clips. Stay tuned

Crazy to think someone would want to just pack it in like that. I suppose if he really doesn't like it, crazy as it sounds, they you can't blame him.

I'm sure all the type spent in rehab must have some effect on him mentally as well as physically too. Then moves from the Lakers to the Sixers and then Cavs, two messed up franchises without the history of a Lakers who've been in a mess themselves doesn't help. I still think someone will take a punt on him when he does leave the Cavs. Simmons seems to

2b70fc4a78b790a15a58eb2035ef5145.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Of course, Dan Gilbert owns the Cavs. He's not about to give Miami more ammo to get a ring. Of course, if he moves him somewhere else first it's not like he can just be like "OK, you SWEAR not to waive him as soon as I sign the paperwork?"

If he is waived teams under the cap bid for him. I can see the Hawks going for him with the loss of Horford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cavs on the comeback against the Celtics, down by 8 with near 5 mins left in the 4th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Cavs on the comeback against the Celtics, down by 8 with near 5 mins left in the 4th
    Make that 4.

Celtics looking like a team that has Jordan Crawford running the offense i.e not great.

Advertisement