Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Terrible offense from the Celtics has led to the Cavs getting the final ball down by 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Celtics win it 103-100 :(

Awful, awful, awful final 2 possession for the Cavs there

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I swear in 8 out of 10 Celtics games in Boston in which they take a lead into the 4Q, they end up nearly blowing it. The predictably is good (for me). .

a9988c62ac0ae414d052dba1b08881f2.png

d4eaf62f6d7c8b362288a8d054a0cd57.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nuri, you must make an absolute fortune during the NBA season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Paully D wrote: »

That he does :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

But...but...but how much did you lose? :pac:

I do alright. Last night was rough (fecking Pistons) till the Warriors game, so it's not all smooth sailing!
    But...but...but how much did you lose? :pac:

:P

All bets are up on Twitter beforehand, but I'll have a full record up to date hopefully in the next few days. Perhaps I'll post it here :)

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    All bets are up on Twitter beforehand, but I'll have a full record up to date hopefully in the next few days. Perhaps I'll post it here :)

Do mate. That would be very interesting to read.

KG is not suitable for kids haha

ku-xlarge.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Not suitable for little posh boys anyway.

• Advertisement

Good God our offense is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

No lebron, typical!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    No lebron, typical!!!
    What exactly is typical about it?

Typical my luck im at the game!

Typical my luck im at the game!

Then get the feck off boards and enjoy it ;)

Ha fair enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Have to second what Pizzaman said!!

Entertaining first half that.
    Ha fair enough!

Be a doll, and yell out Boards.ie during one of Chalmers free throws. Anything to put him off! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Tuning in to MIA V POR now. Missed my Pacers game. Have to take a look at it later

Lovely stuff. Aldridge and Matthews combine

• Advertisement

More betting slips? Really

NBA Betting Thread 2013/2014
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057084684

:rolleyes:

WOW Unbelievable Game winner from way downtown by Chris Bosh.

More betting slips? Really

NBA Betting Thread 2013/2014
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057084684

:rolleyes:

Your posts in general. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nice quick edit of the abuse there btw.

FYI..
    ADΞ™ @The_Real_Ade 6H

NBA Bets 28/12/13:
    1) Indiana Pacers -13
    2) Phoenix Suns -10
    3) Portland Trail Blazers -4.5
    4) Charlotte Bobcats +6
    5) Toronto Raptors -6
    ADΞ™ @The_Real_Ade 6H

NBA Leans:
    1) Memphis Grizzlies -3.0
    2) Total Over 203(?) in Twolves @ Bucks
    3) New Orleans +9.5

4) Dallas Mavericks ML @ 4/5

:(

What a finish to last nights late game. With 0:05 sec left on the clock, Portland did get one last shot off, But Aldridge failed to convert from the inbound lob. It's a great win for Miami against major opposition without Lebron James

Bosh is easily the most under-appreciated player in the league, due to being the third of the ''big three''.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bosh is easily the most under-appreciated player in the league, due to being the third of the ''big three''.

The Big 2 and a Half more like, or "The RuPaul of big men" as Shaq famously christened him.

rupaul.jpg

Bosh is to use an Eamon Dunphy-ism "a good player, not a great player". His rebound which led to Ray Allen's game tying game 6 3 pointer aside he had a very poor Finals, as he did the year they lost to Dallas too. I said it at the time if Miami lost last year RuPaul Bosh was getting traded. His value is relative, he was a big fish in Toronto but were he to become available now there wouldn't be a huge clamoring for him in say the same way as Kevin Love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

@suki agree completely re Bosh.

I think if anyone with a proper interest watches Miami then can tell its LBJ and Wade team.

Just look at his rebounding numbers in a team that doesn't have another proper big man. Watch him get destroyed whenever Miami play against a team with a proper centre. Trade him for Asik even and IMO Miami are a better team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

stuchyg wrote: »
    @suki agree completely re Bosh.

I think if anyone with a proper interest watches Miami then can tell its LBJ and Wade team.

Just look at his rebounding numbers in a team that doesn't have another proper big man. Watch him get destroyed whenever Miami play against a team with a proper centre. Trade him for Asik even and IMO Miami are a better team

While I agree completely that it's Lebron and D.Wade's team, Bosh plays a vital role in their team. Ya he had a poor NBA Finals last year, but players go through rough patches. James Harden with OKC vs Miami in 2012 anyone? Ginobli last year for the Spurs is another case in point.

To say that trading him for Asik would make the Heat better is frankly ridiculous imo. Bosh's offensive is crucial to Miami having the best offense in the league. His jumpshot open up the paint for James and Wade to drive to the ring and score. The other teams rim protector is forced to go out to Bosh as you have to respect his jumper, particular his mid range jumper, but he has also extended his range to the 3 point line. This means that the Heat get more uncontested close in shots, having Asik would destroy their spacing. It would mean that teams could simply pack the paint and leave Asik on an island as his jumpshot is non existent. He is inherently useless offensively from beyond 8 feet.
    Yeah Bosh should get more rebounds, but the heat are not like most teams,they get rebounds from other sources, they have a small forward who averages 7 rebounds a game and Wade also gets his fair share. The Heat are a far better team with Bosh than with Asik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Fair enough Asik wasn't the best example but I still feel that you trade bosh for a big man who can hit a 16 footer and they are better. I'm just never filled with confidence watching him and I'm not even a Heat fan as such.

• Advertisement

I don't know, I kind of like Bosh. probably more from his Raptor days. Like his playing style.

Advertisement