Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Cavs and Lakers reportedly talking Bynum for Gasol deal. Even if he goes at the end of the season as a free agent, if you're Cleveland you'd probably have to be tempted as you'll get nothing from Bynum this season except a bill. Assume Lakers will just amnesty Bynum if they get him as he's too out of shape to give you anything and his attitude sucks major ass. If LA do offload Gasol though they'll save a fortune in luxury tax and get rid of a player D'Antoni clearly doesn't like (wrongly IMO) and one who obviously dislikes his coach too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I hear you, I had some cash on it too!

C's? Do you mean in games or for the rest of the season?! Nah, I fully expect that the tanking will start soon, be it overt in the form of "resting" players completely for games or yanking them out at crucial parts of games or covertly by deliberately playing bad matchup lineups so as to lose.

See Horford's gone for the season. Pectoral tear. I've had pretty much every injury you can think of in my life, but not that. Sounds seriously painful. 2nd time he's done this now - raises genuine concerns about what kind of physical conditioning/strength program he's on.

Was referring to the Hawks game. Should batter them down low with no Horford. Celtics surely(!) will get a grip of themselves in the final quarter and see out a game :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Was referring to the Hawks game. Should batter them down low with no Horford. Celtics surely(!) will get a grip of themselves in the final quarter and see out a game :o

Oh yeah, should be comfortable, esp. at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I'm a big defender of refs in the NBA but that was embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

The NBA issued a statement saying it should have been called. Too late now sure. How about having adequate referees .http://www.nba.com/official/

Oh yeah, should be comfortable, esp. at home.

2e13e515aae0ca01d21b84cd0da4773c.png

Won the 1Q by 3
    Won the 1H by 5

Thank god for your bench, because your starters have been awful. C's were up with 18 with 6 minutes to go in the 2Q, brought the starters back in and now the lead is 5. The second half implosion is so coming, isn't it... :p:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Ooooh boy, we're heading to Indy......

#LetsGoCavs

Olynyk and Humphries are carrying the Celtics. Yeah, I just said that. They're still finding it hard to stop Millsap however. Korver has one quarter to keep his 3 point streak alive too.

The streak lives for Korver with 6 minutes remaining

Olynyk is killing the Hawks right now, unstoppable at both ends.

• Advertisement

Ooooh boy, we're heading to Indy......

#LetsGoCavs

:D I hear thoes guys are pretty good as basketball? right

Pacernation baby. Let's smash it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Cancelled my BT today so no NBA for me now until I go to the Bulls - Bobcats game. I shall enjoy vicariously through you guys, most of ye anyway

Celtics implosion complete. Lose by 1.

31 - 25 to the cavs early in the 2nd. "We ain't worried bout nuthin":cool:

stuchyg wrote: »
    Cancelled my BT today so no NBA for me now until I go to the Bulls - Bobcats game. I shall enjoy vicariously through you guys, most of ye anyway

Google firstrow. Then go to the basketball tab if you wanna watch online

Strong half for the Cavs, 44-41 at the half :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Cheers Pacers. Lost €50 all together on on -1 1H and -4.5 3Q though -_-

f4102dcdff1bb44217aa691602e02e0f.png

Happy New Year to all. Blazers @ OKC is on for those still up later. I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Interesting video below, it's an episode of Open Gym that follows the Raptor, reason this one stands out is it covers the Raptors/Kings 7 player trade, the main part being Rudy Gay, go to 9:50 for that bit, it really shows how much of a business the league is. Would recommend watching the whole video though

• Advertisement

Bad night for the Cavs. 3rd quarter absolutely killed us and we had no life in the 4th (yet again), this time against the Pacers and Kyrie's getting an MRI on his knee after hearing a "pop". It never rains but it pours for the Cavs:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

No surprise, but Nets are currently getting absolutey b1tchslapped by San Antonio

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Celtics implosion complete. Lose by 1.

Absolute joke. You'd almost think they're being told to lose.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Bad night for the Cavs. 3rd quarter absolutely killed us and we had no life in the 4th (yet again), this time against the Pacers and Kyrie's getting an MRI on his knee after hearing a "pop". It never rains but it pours for the Cavs:(:(
    Mike Brown is a terrible offensive coach. Cavs have looked awful in the 4th quarter in games they have contended in for quite a stretch now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

kmart6 wrote: »
    Interesting video below, it's an episode of Open Gym that follows the Raptor, reason this one stands out is it covers the Raptors/Kings 7 player trade, the main part being Rudy Gay, go to 9:50 for that bit, it really shows how much of a business the league is. Would recommend watching the whole video though

Great video, cheers.

I know how it goes down, but like you say it is crazy to see how much of a business the really is. It's mental to see players only finding out about a trade in the locker room before a game, then most likely checking social media on their phones where they would likely get the news sooner than to themselves.

It must be awful for someone like Acy who had not long been drafted, was likely just starting to get to grips with the system, style of play, probably bought an apartment and had settled in etc and then gets traded just like that, off to a new team and city to do it all again.

As much as one can feel sorry for a professional basketball player I do feel for players in that situation.

Yeah cheers for the video. It's interesting seeing the whole behind the scenes of it all and like Paully said it's mad how they find out. Other people finding out before the player itself and the team finding out a few minutes before a game, ****ing up the system and all.

Hoping Kyrie's injury is nothing long term. It would be a disaster for the Eastern Conference to have all 3 of its elite point guards, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo and Kyrie Irving, all miss the All Star game.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Mike Brown is a terrible offensive coach. Cavs have looked awful in the 4th quarter in games they have contended in for quite a stretch now.

Brown is a terrible coach, period. I thought he'd never get an NBA job again after being found out in LA, but lo and behold the Cavs resign him after firing him previously. It's a bad move on the "Bring LeBron home" campaign front too, as he could not be impressed having spent a couple of years under Riley in Miami.

Oh, and Happy New Year to all the thread regulars on here too.:)

• Advertisement

Kyrie cannot be deemed elite. Doing so is hyperbole to the extreme once again. He has the potential to be considered elite. At least Rose has competed in a conference final and is a regular season MVP, while Rondo has actually won a Championship.

Though maybe Kyrie being Pepsi and Foot Locker ads at present sways it for him.
    Absolute joke. You'd almost think they're being told to lose.......:rolleyes:

I think Stevens is being nudged to do so by the FO. That's the only logical explanation at this stage. If it (these 4Q implosions) happened once or twice, fair enough, but it's a common occurrence this season is it not? Last 3 games at the Garden have seen them blow in and around 20 point leads going into the fourth if I'm not mistaken.

I can see real potential in Stevens, he's no mug and I refuse to believe he cannot correct this. It's just 12 mins extra effort, no biggie from the player POV. If it weren't for Olynyk catching fire (please get a haircut! :mad:) and Humphries, this would have been a Hawks blown out.

Advertisement