Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

How long til the thunder game tips off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Team are out , next 10 mins or so. Westbrook is back baby :D , ****ing buzzing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

It's on over 5 minutes. You know you can check game times on NBA.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Ya i know thanks just getting da exact time right over the different time zones can be annoyin ha, Westbrooks looking very sharp out there anyway

limerickfc wrote: »
    Ya i know thanks just getting da exact time right over the different time zones can be annoyin ha, Westbrooks looking very sharp out there anyway
    All times listed on the NBA website are Eastern Time so just add 5 hours to that!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Damn I love when the Wizards lose

Good game BOS V DET

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I love that you seemingly only comment when the Pacers win or Wizards lose now seemingly. That type of fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

What has happened to sky and their Sunday games, had my nba app ready to rock on my streaming box n nothing.

I imagine Russ will play like a man angry af the world tonight, more do then usual I mean

Knicks are just... yeah. Given up 40 points in one quarter to the Twolves.

Magic thrash the Nets 107-86. Oladipo went 19 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals and had 360 dunk in there too.

• Advertisement

stuchyg wrote: »
    What has happened to sky and their Sunday games, had my nba app ready to rock on my streaming box n nothing.

I imagine Russ will play like a man angry af the world tonight, more do then usual I mean
    There is no deal in place to show the NBA yet. Generally Sky only get involved towards the end of the NFL season if not after!

Just after hearing about the end to the Pistons - Celtic game. Sounds real dodgy for anyone on the Celtics to cover the spread. Not that the NBA is rigged or anything :p

The Knicks just put themselves in too big a hole to start. Woodson can't keep pushing something that doesn't work and costing the team. Otherwise, great comeback to make a game of it. No surprised the Twolves won though, called it on Twitter pre-game. Love and Martin were excellent for them.

Thunder edge out the Suns in their game, Bledsoe was very good for the Suns, went for 26 points, 14 assists and 7 rebs. Westbrook gets 21 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds on his return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

God it's hard to be a Celtics fan at the moment. Have watched most of their three games so far and despite some promising moments here and there it is awful stuff and painful viewing.

On the plus side Faverani and Olynyk look very promising from a future front line perspective as Rookies, but the future looks very far away right now.

Will be a tough years with or without Rondo. Still think Ainge is going to blow it all up at the All Star Trade Deadline and that could include Rondo. No real problem if they deal him as long as they get value from the trade, but you have to think Humphries and Wallace will be on the block.

Interesting to see Westbrook back so early. Not sure it's the wisest move so early in the season in effectively meaningless games, but I'm sure the medics know what they're doing.

Interesting start from a few teams, esp. the Sixers.

God it's hard to be a Celtics fan at the moment. Have watched most of their three games so far and despite some promising moments here and there it is awful stuff and painful viewing.

On the plus side Faverani and Olynyk look very promising from a future front line perspective as Rookies, but the future looks very far away right now.

Will be a tough years with or without Rondo. Still think Ainge is going to blow it all up at the All Star Trade Deadline and that could include Rondo. No real problem if they deal him as long as they get value from the trade, but you have to think Humphries and Wallace will be on the block.

Interesting to see Westbrook back so early. Not sure it's the wisest move so early in the season in effectively meaningless games, but I'm sure the medics know what they're doing.

Interesting start from a few teams, esp. the Sixers.

i think this year is a write off for the cs for all there talk of we dont tank in boston they need to get another star in this team and the best way of doing that is gettin in the lottery and praying theres no lebron in this years draft but there are 3-4 players that you could potentially build a championchip team around.

we also have a few extra draft picks to build around said player if it works out and some young talent in olynyk , favarani ,bradley and sullinger or whoever we dont trade from that 4

we can be back in contention all going well in 3-4 years easily but i think a high lottery pick this year is key i dont see us getting that piece through trade or fa

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I love that you seemingly only comment when the Pacers win or Wizards lose now seemingly. That type of fan.

Haters gonna hate

pacers_undefeated_3-0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Haters gonna hate

Your a caricature of yourself at this stage DRD, you realise it's the 4th of November right?

buyer95 wrote: »
    Your a caricature of yourself at this stage DRD, you realize it's the 4th of November right?

I'm aware of the date, I know there are allot of games to be played, It's early days. We will have our losses along the way as well. But It's nice to start off on a winning run. Long may it continue.

Haters gonna hate

Why would I hate the Pacers? They make me money more often than not. Look at yourself and the Wizards before commenting on hate, lad.

We both know what I said was entirely correct :)

Just seen this in my timeline.

@NBAGuru
    Kevin Martin on playing with the Wolves: "This is such a fun team to play on. Nobody is trying to lead the league in scoring here."

Pop at KD and perhaps Westbrook too? Bit of irony since Love is leading the scoring at present.

• Advertisement

Great start from the Warriors against the Sixers. Some fantastic ball movement so far.

Iggy is on fire for the Warriors.

GSW look a serious force this season, They really could take the West

Warriors end the half leading 66 - 42, Iggy with 27, yes 27 of those points including one ridiculous assist as shown below.

819732756.gif?1383614363

819728120.gif?1383611519

Curry with his triple double in three quarters - 18 points, 10 rebounds, 12 assists, 5 steals and 1 block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

CP3 with 9 assists in 10 minutes !

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Jesus the defense in that rockets clippers game must be shocking! 78 66 @ the half, Houston are absolutely destroying them on the boards too looking at the stats!

Harden is of to a weak start so far this year! Still don't think the clippers are that good!

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Just seen this in my timeline.

@NBAGuru
    Kevin Martin on playing with the Wolves: "This is such a fun team to play on. Nobody is trying to lead the league in scoring here."

Pop at KD and perhaps Westbrook too? Bit of irony since Love is leading the scoring at present.

In fairness to Durant, I think it's prob aimed more at Westbrook who took more shots last year than anyone in the league. Crazy when you think that Durant is on the same team and was leading the league in scoring until the last few weeks of the season. Also on Durant, he shot a crazily efficient 50-40-90 last year so don't think it was directed at him. I do think if Durant really wanted that scoring title last year he'd have gone for it in the last few games but he didn't, likely resting for the playoffs.

Love won't lead the league in scoring at the year end, maybe somewhere between 5-10 on the scoring chart but not lead the league. He does too much other work to concentrate on winning a scoring race.

GSW look a serious force this season, They really could take the West

They are my tip to win the West IF they stay healthy. Said it before the season started. Think they have a real shot at it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Another night of choking by the Celtics. They have no options in the paint.Funny enough their shooting per centage was good, but I fear that they will be like New Yorks Knicks last season in the sense that they are a premetre team.

I would love to have killed Kelly Oynx (whatever), completely brainless defensively, not an awful lot going for him offensively, taking shots that Green should be taking. Stevens just as bad for playing him for so long. Sullinger taking 3's!!!!

Cut that bloody hair hippy! He looks like a spastic or an incredibly ugly girl

Advertisement