Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I posted this, this morning here, explaining that I have begun writing a weekly NBA column for the Irish run website PunditArena. My post seems to have gone missing in the site maintenance drama. Anyway, to anyone who didn't see it and might be interested, theres a link to my first article.

PS: I'm a college student, not back until end of January so I'll be writing regularly atm, but when I return to college, it could be difficult what with going out and assignments and what have you. I thought it would be a bit of fun seeing as I don't have a job during my holidays. It will give me an excuse to watch even more basketball also. Don't be too harsh please, it's the first article I've ever published.
    Link http://punditarena.com/2014/01/04/ny-knicks-brooklyn-nets-story-part-1-tangle-rotten-apple/

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

buyer95 wrote: »
    I posted this, this morning here, explaining that I have begun writing a weekly NBA column for the Irish run website PunditArena. My post seems to have gone missing in the site maintenance drama. Anyway, to anyone who didn't see it and might be interested, theres a link to my first article.

PS: I'm a college student, not back until end of January so I'll be writing regularly atm, but when I return to college, it could be difficult what with going out and assignments and what have you. I thought it would be a bit of fun seeing as I don't have a job during my holidays. It will give me an excuse to watch even more basketball also. Don't be too harsh please, it's the first article I've ever published.
    Link http://punditarena.com/2014/01/04/ny-knicks-brooklyn-nets-story-part-1-tangle-rotten-apple/

I'll give it a read after the basketball/betting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Good night so far. Fair play to the Raptors. They are looking like a lligit team now.

Nice the see the Wizards are taking a beating.

Expecting a comportable win from the Pacers.

In other news 9ers 23 - 20 Packers

Wow, just wow. Whines, moans and complains about BASKETBALL betting. Posts about NFL. Right then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Good night so far. Fair play to the Raptors. They are looking like a lligit team now.

Nice the see the Wizards are taking a beating.

Expecting a comportable win from the Pacers.

Got to love it!:pac:

DRD, troll or not, you can be entertaining. Such partisanship would scarcely be seen on a gaa pitch when two local rivals are playing each other. It's not like Washington are in danger of knocking off Indy in the playoffs, and as far as I'm aware there is no history of Pacers v Wizards bearing any animosity towards each other?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Dude that's so far beyond relevant to an NBA thread I don't know where to start, less of it please.

Raptors are really struggling in the fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Does not compute.

Dude that's so far beyond relevant to an NBA thread I don't know where to start, less of it please.

Yeah you're right. My bad

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Raptors are really struggling in the fourth.
    Inivitable Heat 4th quarter surge:cool:

Duh.

____

Big basket there for the Raptors.

Comfortable my ass. Pacers choking in the 4th.

Fck! Cavs are rallying here . Better be careful :eek:

Credit to the Raptors, fought all the way through and on another night, they'd have won. If that team can stay fit, they'll give the big dogs of the east like Miami fits in a series.

Phew! Waiters had me worried there for a minuite. Win in the bag.

GOATkins with 10 points. Lock the thread.

He's going for 50.

GOATkins with 10 points. Lock the thread.

He's going for 50.

And 6 rebounds. And a steal. And a block. And 2 assists with only 1 turnover. I don't believe my eyes!

Tyson will miss the rest of the game with with upper respiratory infection (I know how he feels :(), but Knicks up big in Dallas atm.

Kobe is telling fans to vote for Lillard instead of himself for the All-Star game.

Props to him.

• Advertisement

OKC crushed Boston.

Perkins with 12 points. Thabeet scored.

KD and Jackson made some points, I think the latter had a career high, but no one cares about either of them.

How will JR Smith cost the Knicks this game? 1.27 left on the clock to find out..

Knicks up 6.

Shump being clutch!

Great win for the Knicks. They should be 3-0 on this road trip, but thanks to Smith are 2-1. Played some good defence tonight. Yes, I just said that.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Got to love it!:pac:

DRD, troll or not, you can be entertaining. Such partisanship would scarcely be seen on a gaa pitch when two local rivals are playing each other. It's not like Washington are in danger of knocking off Indy in the playoffs, and as far as I'm aware there is no history of Pacers v Wizards bearing any animosity towards each other?

Just don't like them, don't like anything about them.

:D

__

We all know why he doesn't like the Wizards, John Wall stole his lunch money. But seriously, bless, it's because other people rate John Wall.
    Heaven forbid people actually rate John Wall. Wall has performed very well since last year returning from his bad injury, as have the Wizards in general in which they've beaten some of the big dogs at home namely and performed at a above average level. Only one person doesn't wish to mention or acknowledge their play suffering when two (Beal and Nene) of their three main guys went to injury, like any other team! :pac:

:D

__

We all know why he doesn't like the Wizards, John Wall stole his lunch money. But seriously, bless, it's because other people rate John Wall.
    Heaven forbid people actually rate John Wall. Wall has performed very well since last year returning from his bad injury, as have the Wizards in general in which they've beaten some of the big dogs at home namely and performed at a above average level. Only one person doesn't wish to mention or acknowledge their play suffering when two (Beal and Nene) of their three main guys went to injury, like any other team! :pac:

No not just Wall. Didn't like Gilbert Arenas either. They are just a joke of a franchise, They have no rivals becaue they have never been relevent for anyone else to give a sh1t.

No not just Wall. Didn't like Gilbert Arenas either. They are just a joke of a franchise, They have no rivals becaue they have never been relevent for anyone else to give a sh1t.

You could say that about quite a few franchises though, but you're wrong in saying they've never been relevent. The Wizards won the NBA Championship in 1978, and just incase you may laugh at that,but the Pacers have won three, three ABA Championships. When did they win that? Pre-Washington's Championship win :) Rivalries can make one relevant I suppose, but at the end of the day it's about delivering NBA championships and the Pacers have failed in this regards.

As for Arenas, meh. I'm still lost on why you'd dislike him. The guy was a good scorer from vague memory.

I agree they've been a joke of a franchise for the most part since the 70s, but many franchies have gone through leans spells. Now it seems they're building something solid and if you can't see that, there really is no hope for you (not that you care I'm sure).

They have one of the most exciting backcourts in the NBA at present according to many experts and people who watch them. Nene is a very well respected and liked amongst teammates, media and fans alike big man. Gortat on his day is very good. Ariza and Webster are okay, more so the latter. Not a fan of Booker who seems to get a lot of minutes for them. Porter, their rook has looked decent at times in the few minutes he's played this season due to injury.

Despite all their injury issues this year, they've done well to be in and around .500 and so long as they can stay healthy, they will be .500.

Just need to sort out their 3Q issues they seem to have. Dig themselves into a hole far too much as a result from what I've seen. Their good 3Q's have resulted in wins this season, for the most part, comfortable wins too.

Nuggets taking over this game, Lakers are struggling with the pace and power. Down 17 a couple of minutes into the 4th.

Lakers torn apart in the second half after leading by one after the first half.

Denver won by 22 in the end..

You could say that about quite a few franchises though, but you're wrong in saying they've never been relevent. The Wizards won the NBA Championship in 1978, and just incase you may laugh at that,but the Pacers have won three, three ABA Championships. When did they win that? Pre-Washington's Championship win :) Rivalries can make one relevant I suppose, but at the end of the day it's about delivering NBA championships and the Pacers have failed in this regards.

As for Arenas, meh. I'm still lost on why you'd dislike him. The guy was a good scorer from vague memory.

I agree they've been a joke of a franchise for the most part since the 70s, but many franchies have gone through leans spells. Now it seems they're building something solid and if you can't see that, there really is no hope for you (not that you care I'm sure).

They have one of the most exciting backcourts in the NBA at present according to many experts and people who watch them. Nene is a very well respected and liked amongst teammates, media and fans alike big man. Gortat on his day is very good. Ariza and Webster are okay, more so the latter. Not a fan of Booker who seems to get a lot of minutes for them. Porter, their rook has looked decent at times in the few minutes he's played this season due to injury.

Despite all their injury issues this year, they've done well to be in and around .500 and so long as they can stay healthy, they will be .500.

Just need to sort out their 3Q issues they seem to have. Dig themselves into a hole far too much as a result from what I've seen. Their good 3Q's have resulted in wins this season, for the most part, comfortable wins too.

Arenas was a thug. He kept guns in his locker at Version Center. He basically robbed the organisation for millions while he wasn't playing and boasted online about how rich he was, Saying he wipes his ass with $100 bills. He was an arrogant, egotistical prick. The Wizards were a joke long before him. The Washington Bullets were the laughing stock of the NBA.

I just don't like then and nobody is going to convince me to.

It's not about their relation to the Pacers. Pacers have their Rivals. Mainly Bulls and Knicks from the days when Reggie Miller went toe to toe with John Starks( and Spike Lee) in the Hicks v Knicks days.The central division battles with the Bulls and Reggie's personal feud with Michael Jordan.

More recently the rivalry with Detroit which included the infamous night of Malice at the Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

JR Smith will likely get a fine or a ban for his jolly jape, oh he's such a prankster! :rolleyes:

Celtics doing some further dismantling/money saving dumping Courtney Lee and his contract on Memphis for Jerryd Bayless. Won't materially affect play in a big way but saves a tonne of money.

Anyone with any update on Gasol/Bynum?

• Advertisement

buyer95, i think you have some article writing competition in the form of DRD. Watch out.

Advertisement