Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

JR Smith will likely get a fine or a ban for his jolly jape, oh he's such a prankster! :rolleyes:

Celtics doing some further dismantling/money saving dumping Courtney Lee and his contract on Memphis for Jerryd Bayless. Won't materially affect play in a big way but saves a tonne of money.

Anyone with any update on Gasol/Bynum?

Last I heard was that The Lakers wanted Dion Waiters too but The Cavs refused

I think the Lakers are seeing how close they can push Cleveland to the edge before they run out of time and give in to their demands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

JR Smith will likely get a fine or a ban for his jolly jape, oh he's such a prankster! :rolleyes:

His new teammate MWP must have been teaching him some new tricks.

Leandro Barbosa has signed a 10 day with the Suns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Jeez Ade, you look so different in that video! ;):):rolleyes::cool::pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BBALLBREAKDOWN @bballSource
    Pekovic would be the best center in the East. His offensive output trumps Hibbert's defense.

BBALLBREAKDOWN @bballSource
    OKAY- I'm going with Boogie over Pekovic on talent, but also damn Demarcus's #'s on paper are real good.

*Brace yourselves*

• Advertisement

I'll watch the second half maybe, but looking at the box score, Twolves and Philly are going for 250 points tonight :pac:

Ryan Gomes from OKC will be added to the Bayless - Lee deal, and will be waived by the Celtics. More cap room space for OKC.
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    To recap: Celts get Bayless and Gomes and likely waive Gomes. Grizz get Courtney Lee. Some second-rounders likely involved to tie it all up
    Brett Poirier NBA @BrettNBA
    By trading Ryan Gomes, OKC will free up about $1.2 million in salary, likely in preparation for another trade, speculates Stein.

!!!
    Cleveland Cavaliers @cavs
    The #Cavs have acquired All-Star forward Luol Deng from the @chicagobulls. [MORE]: ow.ly/skCvC #AllForOne
    Dan Gilbert @cavsdan
    Welcome @LuolDeng9 to the Cleveland Cavaliers!
    Cavs announce acquisition of Luol Deng via press release. Cavs sending Andrew Bynum, three future draft picks, and right to swap 2015 1strd.

So much to say, Bynum goes the other way. He'll surely be waived.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    !!!

So much to say, Bynum goes the other way. He'll surely be waived.

Didn't see that coming from the Bulls' perspective. Looks like they're going to blow it all up now if they're willing to trade Deng. I wonder how Carlos Boozer slept last night? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Bynum will be waived straight away. This is all about cap for the Bulls.

Look for Bynum to get his wish now and end up with a team like the Heat.

• Advertisement

Wow Didn't see this coming. Deng is a serious addition to the Cavs.

Bulls must be writing of this season now, looking to rebuild next season.

I wonder how the last few months of this regular season will pan out. With so many team looking to tank for those draft picks, things could get very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Quite the news to awake to. This year was a write off for the Bulls so I think it's a good move on their behalf. Jabari Parker is from Chigaco people. Watching the Bulls will be impossible now. I don't see how they will score the ball. They shoot the 2nd worst % in the league and are dead last in points per game already!

For the Cavs I'm not sure how good this deal is. Deng obviously improves the team, and should propel them to 6/7/8 seed. The question I ask is why? The Cavs currently hold the 4th worst record in the league. I know owner Dan Gilbert has said they want to win now, but realistically the team just isn't good enough. A half a year of being bad, is a small price to pay for drafting a Marcus Smart/Randle/Wiggins/Parker. Deng is a third piece on a contender, I understand the Cavs were not guaranteed to get one of those guys, but the draft is so deep this year I believe they should have played the long game. They are banking now on Kyrie to develop and prove that he can be the best player on a winning team.

For Bynum this is great for his career. He will not be short of suitors, Miami probably leading the way.If they could get anything out of the guy in a series vs Indiana and Hibbert then he could be the missing ingredient in a 3 peat. I know he's being linked to the Clippers, but can you imagine what he could do for OKC? All of that of course would depend on his ability to stay healthy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Damn, probably the right move, but hard not to be sad about it, played 10 years for the Bulls and was a model pro throughout. Rose, Noah & Deng were the leaders on the team and established the identity, gonna be a different team now.

The move is less about tanking and more about the fact that he's a free agent in the summer, and they knew they couldn't afford him. Apparently offered him $30m/3 years, which was turned down, and logically then it probably is the correct decision to move on. What's been clear since Rose has gone out is the team needs a second scorer, Rose + defense probably isn't going to get it done, and hard to add that if you're paying Deng over $10m/year.

Celtics - Grizzlies - Thunder trade is official. Lee and a '16 second round pick to Memphis. Bayless and Gomes to the Celtics, latter has already been waived.. Two second rounders to OKC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

One-way ticket to Tanksville coming right up. So Bulls potentially have a top-10 pick themselves depending on how rest of the season goes, they also have the Bobcats 1st rounder this year (although its top-10 protected), not so sure if we'll be able to use the Kings one this year, that's a long way off being decided, and a scatter of second rounders.

So, with Boozer (16.8m next year) and Deng (14.5m) gone, theres a run at a top-level free agent, also Mirotic should join up this summer.

The second half of Bynums 12.2m kicks in tomorrow, so he'll be getting door today. Given that Cleveland had already suspended him for being a disruptive influence, rumours that he has no interest in playing pro ball, and the general laziness and injuries, lord knows who'll sign him. Maybe Miami, seems to becoming a refuge for the broken (Oden) and the mad (Beasley).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

:)

Deng is a Cav!! So happy with this trade and it helps both teams. We get Deng and get Bynum out before the 12 mill kicks in and the Bulls now get draft picks to help with rebuilding

Win/Win

260ca4a694d8155cd0ecd1de490bd6b4.png

:D

Deng is a Cav!! So happy with this trade and it helps both teams. We get Deng and get Bynum out before the 12 mill kicks in and the Bulls now get draft picks to help with rebuilding

Win/Win

But for how long though??? He can walk in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Yeah, that's true but I can't see why we'd go for an unrestricted free agent like Deng if we're not gonna offer him the 12 mil he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Win/Win

Think he'll be good for you, seems to be just what the Cavs need, apart from his on-court production, great professional to set an example for the younger players. He played best when Rose was on the floor, so should be a good fit with Kyrie.

I think they'll have his Bird rights, so can offer him an extra year. Gives them a good chance to resign him, if they offer him a good salary and a year extra, that's gonna be attractive to Deng at 29.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

One-way ticket to Tanksville coming right up. So Bulls potentially have a top-10 pick themselves depending on how rest of the season goes, they also have the Bobcats 1st rounder this year (although its top-10 protected), not so sure if we'll be able to use the Kings one this year, that's a long way off being decided, and a scatter of second rounders.

So, with Boozer (16.8m next year) and Deng (14.5m) gone, theres a run at a top-level free agent, also Mirotic should join up this summer.

The second half of Bynums 12.2m kicks in tomorrow, so he'll be getting door today. Given that Cleveland had already suspended him for being a disruptive influence, rumours that he has no interest in playing pro ball, and the general laziness and injuries, lord knows who'll sign him. Maybe Miami, seems to becoming a refuge for the broken (Oden) and the mad (Beasley).

Bulls won't get the Kings pick this year as there's literally zero chance of them dropping out of the bottom 12. However I think it's only top 10 protected next year, and the same in 2016. After that it turns into a 2nd rounder. I could be wrong on the future details of that, but from what I remember that's the conditions of the pick. Good chance you'll get the pick either next year or the following year, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Bulls officially waive Bynum, via NBA.com
    The Chicago Bulls announced today that the team has waived center Andrew Bynum.

Earlier today, Bynum’s contract was conveyed to the Bulls, along with multiple draft picks from the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for the contract of Luol Deng.

Chicago’s roster now stands at 12

Clippers waive Stephen Jackson after a month with them. Waived twice in 9 months
    The Los Angeles Clippers announced today that they have waived forward Stephen Jackson. The Clippers roster now stands at 14 players.

Jackson was originally signed on Dec. 10 by the Clippers and appeared in nine games with the team. The forward posted averages of 1.7 points and 1.1 rebounds in 11.9 minutes of action.

A veteran of 13 NBA seasons with eight NBA teams, Jackson has appeared in 858 career games (676 starts) and has career averages of 15.1 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.1 assists, and 1.3 steals in 31.9 minutes per game

wave.gif

wouldnt be supprised to see the cs move bass and crawford next.

if ainge can move wallace he should get exec of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

if ainge can move wallace he should get exec of the year.

That's going to be nigh on impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Bulls officially waive Bynum, via NBA.com

Clippers waive Stephen Jackson after a month with them. Waived twice in 9 months

wave.gif

I hear the Bulls could do with a small forward, the type who would demoralise a locker room, take 20 shots a game and guarantee losses. Reinsdorf pick up the phone now!

buyer95 wrote: »
    I hear the Bulls could do with a small forward, the type who would demoralise a locker room, take 20 shots a game and guarantee losses. Reinsdorf pick up the phone now!

The Knicks would move on him but they have Melo to fill those roles…...:D

That's going to be nigh on impossible.

In the NBA, nothing is impossible or too crazy to happen.

Some unfinished business to take care of tonight. The Pacers have a score to settle with Toronto.
    Revenge for last week.

Holy **** this isn't a good start.

• Advertisement

Superstar with 2 quick fouls already.

Raptors looking decent early doors, despite their problematic journey into Indiana.

Advertisement