Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    The NBA has approved a $5.25M Disabled Player Exception for the Brooklyn Nets, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @WojYahooNBA
    The DPE gives the Nets flexibility to sign a player because of the nature of the Brook Lopez injury. The exception expires on December 10.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

whaaaaaaaaaaaat am i missing something or is that blatantly moving the goal posts in an almost insulting manner

whaaaaaaaaaaaat am i missing something or is that blatantly moving the goal posts in an almost insulting manner

No, no, you're right. Anything to get them into the Playoffs at the stage must be done. Whether we all like or not, the Nets will bring in viewers.

No, no, you're right. Anything to get them into the Playoffs at the stage must be done. Whether we all like or not, the Nets will bring in viewers.

i mean this as someone who enjoys basketball (not even close to as big a fan as most on here) but **** david stern(or adam silver if it was his idea) this makes a mockery of the organisation im genuinely gobsmacked.

how can he get away with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

In fairness to the Nets (and I'm not a fan), that rule has been around for donkeys year….it's just so rarely used most people have either forgotten it or didn't know it existed.

• Advertisement

In fairness to the Nets (and I'm not a fan), that rule has been around for donkeys year….it's just so rarely used most people have either forgotten it or didn't know it existed.

what is the rule?is it due to the nature of lopezs injury?

Seriously hope this Raptors team stays fit going into the playoffs and beyond. That starting unit is a lot of fun. Even if they're not playing well like tonight due to no doubt tiredness, they're still a good watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

what is the rule?is it due to the nature of lopezs injury?

I don't know it off by heart but it's something like if your roster is set after a certain date and you lose a player to a long-term injury you can replace him at a certain % of the injured player's salary. Or words to that effect. Has to be a season-ending injury and from memory (and this could be wrong) any replacement can only take place up to a certain point of the season, i.e. not in Play Offs.

Chicago could have done this with Rose this year if they wanted.

As soon as Lopez got hurt several commentators said Brooklyn would likely replace him seeing as money is no object.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Going into the half with an 8pt lead. Lance and Roy playing well, Danny contributing off the bench. Have to turn up 2nd half.

• Advertisement

Paul George! In the game 13pt lead :D

Ooh! Dime Stephenson

Bullsh1t! Clear Offensive foul

Wizards up near 20 points in Charlotte.

Aw fantastic team play, Lovely stuff from the Pacers

Raptors have played like crap and it's only a 11 point game.

Oh dear ref.

Praise review by monitor.

edit - Raptors were 33/1 9 minutes ago, now 16/1 :P

Need Hibbert and West back on the floor now, Don't let this one go

edit - Raptors were 33/1 9 minutes ago, now 16/1 :P

Gave my fiver a good run, but sure, at least my main bets cashed. Another day and the Raptors have a bit more of an impact that 1 FG made(!), easy win for the Raptors.

Wizards just won their 8th road game of the season. They had 7 all of last year :eek:

• Advertisement

Pacers Win. Roy Hibbert was outstanding. Lance Stephenson, David west on the boards. Granger important scoring off the bench. Good performance.

If that's a good performance, then Man United must have beat Sunderland yesterday :pac:

___

Looking set for a favourites sweep tonight in the other games, though JR Smith will have something to say about that I'm sure.

If that's a good performance, then Man United must have beat Sunderland yesterday :pac:

___

Looking set for a favorites sweep tonight in the other games.

Our team isn't just one player? George didn't have a great game, But we have Hibbert, Stephenson, West, Granger. When one guy is having an off night we have others to step up to the plate. It's a team mentality.

Knicks choking at MSG again :pac:

Closing stages in NY. Lets go Detroit

Big 3 from Melo

Our team isn't just one player? George didn't have a great game, But we have Hibbert, Stephenson, West, Granger. When one guy is having an off night we have others to step up to the plate. It's a team mentality.

You can talk up the performance all you wish, but it wasn't a good one, unless your lofty standards have all of a sudden fallen off completely which I doubt. George has been poor for awhile now (Pacers fans elsewhere are saying this, not just me before you spout anything to the contrary!), for which of a so called superstar being dared mentioned in the same breath as KD and LeBron shouldn't be happening for more than a game or two. Hibbert played well for the most part as did the others for periods of time, sure.

But as I mentioned earlier, Raptors had a problematic journey getting into Indiana. Getting in at like 4-5am CET(?) before finally reaching their hotel an hour later. They were always, always going to come out slowly barring a miracle. Hibbert played very well against them, but Val and Amir missed some very easy shots. One free goal says a lot. There was numerous missed free throws for a team that shoots a good FT % (78%?).

See it as a compliment, I think the Pacers can play far better than what they served up, but so can the Raptors.

Anyway, it was all good for me as I expected a low scoring game and I got my low scoring game to bring home the bacon.

Melo played good defense.. and comes up with a big rebound. That should be that.

Good win for the Knicks and without Chandler tonight.

Melo played good defense.. and comes up with a big rebound. That should be that.

Just a pathetic shot attempt by Smith. Undone all his good work for the night. Detroits Free throws are a disaster aswell

• Advertisement

Thibs is tank proof.

Advertisement