Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Raptors had a problematic journey getting into Indiana. Getting in at like 4-5am CET(?) before finally reaching their hotel an hour later. They were Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Excuses, excuses.

I guess DeMar DeRozan flew in on a magic carpet, fully rested then? The "problamatic journey" didn't seem to effect him.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Excuses, excuses.

I guess DeMar DeRozan flew in on a magic carpet, fully rested then? The "problamatic journey" didn't seem to effect him.

If this a serious reply? Have you ever travelled abroad. Do you realise how bad the weather is in on the eastern coast, centrally and north along the border in the US at the moment? It doesn't effect everyone, but it effects many people! Conditions are worse than Antarctica in many places over the last 24 hours! If I said something different, be my guest and quote me on that.

I'm not sure why you get all antsy with ANYTHING remotely said negative about my your Pacers. It wasn't a good Pacers performance considering the advantage they had. They won though, but after their embarrassing choke job in Toronto (and against the Cavs nearly), like a Miami Heat would do, there was a real chance to make a statement tonight and they didn't.

As I said, Raptors bigs.. and bench as well namely didn't show up tonight. Don't believe me? Look at the box score.

Q/ Why have you kept schtum on the Wizards tonight? The epitome of a sing when my team is winning, the other team is losing fan is why. I'm sure you'll be full of excuses, excuses if you bother replying.

Spurs win it OT in Memphis after imploding and blowing a 14 lead in the fourth.

OKC minus Ibaka and Westbrook are waking up in Utah in the fourth. KD has 40 points so far, though certainly not his most efficient night (30 shots)!

Utah's doctor has been warned for throwing his cap in the air for OKC free throws, will be thrown out of the arena if he continues it. Reggie Jackson had missed 3 FT's before that.

5 point game, 5 mins left.

Gordon Hayward. Cold blooded. Killing the Thunder down the stretch. Puts up 37 points, scoring the Jazz last 17 points and only missed 3 shots all night, very impressive line from him. Durant finishes with 48 points.

If this a serious reply? Have you ever travelled abroad.
    Yes.
    Do you realise how bad the weather is in on the eastern coast, centrally and north along the border in the US at the moment?
    Yes I do watch the news.
    If I said something different, be my guest and quote me on that.
    You accuse me of not giving The Wizards their due credit when they win, But you use an excuse as lame as the "The Weather" to discredit the Pacers win tonight.
    I'm not sure why you get all antsy with ANYTHING said negative about the. Pacers.
    I'm a Pacers fan. You on the other hand don't support any team. You've admitted to liking the pacers, yet for some reason you try to discredit Paul George and the teams performances simply to rise a reaction out of me.
    It wasn't a good Pacers performance.
    No, It wasn't the best Paul George performance, But Hibbert put up, 22 and 8.
    Stephenson a near triple double. Granger played well, West too.

there was a real chance to make a statement tonight and they didn't.
    No it's about the win. It's the regular season, there another game tomorrow. The Pacers will make their statements in the Playoffs.
    Q/ Why have you kept schtum on the Wizards tonight?
    Washington vs Charlotte wasn't exactly the Box office game of the night. was it? It was one of the many one sided games tonight I didn't comment on. at the same time as the Pacers game so I didn't watch any of it, therefore wasn't in much of a place to comment on it. How many reasons do you need?

• Advertisement

Yes I do watch the news.

Shock and awe.
    You accuse me of not giving The Wizards their due credit when they win, But you use an excuse as lame as the "The Weather" to discredit the Pacers win tonight.

You don't. You never do. Not once.

Discredit? Please, just stop. All I said it wasn't a good performance factoring in the the clear advantage they had and the embarrassing choke job last week. Cry me a river.

You cannot handle a single bit, not one single bit of criticism towards the Pacers. You're incapable of it.
    I'm a Pacers fan. You on the other hand don't support any team. You've admitted to liking the pacers, yet for some reason you try to discredit Paul George and the teams performances simply to rise a reaction out of me.
    No, It wasn't the best Paul George performance, But Hibbert put up, 22 and 8.
    Stephenson a near triple double. Granger played well, West too.

You're the only one here who has a problem with me liking basketball in general and not wanting to show some undying love for any one franchise. At least the other lads here are well capable of discussing other franchises and showing unbias. I actually learn stuff from them. I can't say the same for you, unless.. turning a blind eye when it suits counts. Anything I can learn to help me further improve me capping basketball or simply just learning about the game (Butters explaining the Nets situation earlier for example being perfect illustration of this) I will take on board. Gladly.

Paul George has been poor for a few weeks now. Do you wish to deny what other Pacers fans have been saying, not just me?! o_0 No offence, their opinion means so much more when it comes to discussing the Pacers and they aren't scared to be critical of Vogel and co like you are.
    No it's about the win. It's the regular season, there another game tomorrow. The Pacers will make their statements in the Playoffs.

I said they won. They didn't win good however, especially considering your HUGE expectations.
    Washington vs Charlotte wasn't exactly the Box office game of the night. was it? It was one of the many one sided games tonight I didn't comment on. at the same time as the Pacers game so I didn't watch any of it, therefore wasn't in much of a place to comment on it. How many reasons do you need?

Wasn't exactly box office a lot of nights the Wizards play, yet you know what? It doesn't stop you dissing them any possible chance you get. You've sure as hell commented on them losing at the same time the Pacers have played in the past.

Kings are blitzing the Blazers in the fourth.

You're the only one here who has a problem with me liking basketball in general and not wanting to show some undying love for any one franchise. At least the other lads here are well capable of discussing other franchises and showing unbias. I actually learn stuff from them. I can't say the same for you, unless.. turning a blind eye when it suits counts. Anything I can learn to help me further improve me capping basketball or simply just learning about the game (Butters explaining the Nets situation earlier for example being perfect illustration of this) I will take on board. Gladly.

You claim to be unbiased. A general fan of this league and no team in particular.
    Then why do you continue to sarcastically refer to Paul George as "the superstar"?

Why do you continue to comment on John Wall and the Wizards when you've not a Wizards fan. Why not other teams, other players?
    Your comments on them are certainly not for the benefit of any other user on this forum.

If you are truly Unbias. then why do you so staunchly come to the defense of one team, one player that I don't like. and post negativity about one particular team that I do like?

I fully admit to being a partizan fan of The Indiana Pacers, I have admitted I don't like The Wizards organisation and I don't like John Wall.

Maybe you'll admit that some of your comments on the Wizards and Pacers are aimed at me.?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Hayward had a pretty good game tonight, 37pts on 13/16(82%) shooting! Good win for Utah...

48 pts for KD and ends up on the losing team, against Utah! (his shooting was only 14/34(42%) as well)

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Hayward had a pretty good game tonight, 37pts on 13/16(82%) shooting! Good win for Utah...

48 pts for KD and ends up on the losing team, against Utah! (his shooting was only 14/34(42%) as well)

OKC are clearly missing Westbrook. Since he's been out they are 4 - 3.

• Advertisement

You claim to be unbiased. A general fan of this league and no team in particular.
    Then why do you continue to sarcastically refer to Paul George as "the superstar"?

Cheek of you. Let's not forget you using the terms world class and what not after what I said of those words a few weeks(?) ago, after you had never used those words before that moment just to get a rise out of me :rolleyes:

You are the one here who is shouting from the rooftops constantly that he is a superstar. We all know he is very, very talented... he's still inconsistent however! I'm not going to repeat what I said a few weeks ago on him. I tried to take you at face value that one time and reply to you in a decent manner, and what do you do? What you always do? Take the piss, re: world class.
    Why do you continue to comment on John Wall and the Wizards when you've not a Wizards fan. Why not other teams, other players?
    Your comments on them are certainly not for the benefit of any other user on this forum.

If you are truly Unbias. then why do you so staunchly come to the defense of one team, one player that I don't like. and post negativity about one particular team that I do like?

I fully admit to being a partizan fan of The Indiana Pacers, I have admitted I don't like The Wizards organisation and I don't like John Wall.

Maybe you'll admit that some of your comments on the Wizards and Pacers are aimed at me.?

You continue to bash them because of your small mindedness and so it deserves to be called out on. At the essence of all my posts on the Wizards is that they're a playoff team so long as they stay fit and Wall is very talented.

You are the one who gets in a hump about it.

You are the one who doesn't acknowledge their losses when two of their three most important players are out injures for games and even weeks at a time.

You are the one who shuts his trap when it comes to their any of their wins.

Sing when your team is winning, and sing when the opposition is losing.

It doesn't matter it's basketball related. If it was golf, snowboarding or football, 3 other sports I'm passionate about I'd wouldn't stand for such spiel to put it kindly.

Lastly, I love that you play the victim card with your final comments given all your sneaky, under the radar type posts in trying to agitate myself and others. Some still find your posts amusing now. I did once upon a time as well.

I'll say it once more, **** hits the fan far too often with you despite people telling you to relax on your ultra bias ways. I don't even know why I keep repeating myself to you as there isn't a hope in hell you will ease up.

Kings are blitzing the Blazers in the fourth.

Kings hold on for the W. Gotta say, Rudy Gay before picking up his 6th foul was very good, but when he consistently is showing levels of that performance will I change my mind on him. Kings tend to show up against the big name teams on home court especially. Cousins was just ridiculously good.

Lillard put up a career high tonight too, 41 points I think it was.

edit - 89 points in that final quarter!!!

scottmcb04 wrote: »

Hayward is unlucky in that plays in a small market team. Not many people get to see him. I've watched the Jazz a handful of times due to betting, and he's always stood out in their games. Himself and Burke have a great understanding already.

KD was in what I'd call 'James Harden mode' tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I would just like to point out that you were singing a different tune a few weeks ago about the Pacers having to make a statement in some game and it was a must win....
    Now 'there is another game tomorrow' ? I feel you only are very selective and contradictory in your views.

Cheek of you. Let's not forget you using the terms world class and what not after what I said of those words a few weeks(?) ago, after you had never used those words before that moment just to get a rise out of me :rolleyes:

You are the one here who is shouting from the rooftops constantly that he is a superstar. We all know he is very, very talented... he's still inconsistent however! I'm not going to repeat what I said a few weeks ago on him. I tried to take you at face value that one time and reply to you in a decent manner, and what do you do? What you always do? Take the piss, re: world class.

You continue to bash them because of your small mindedness and so it deserves to be called out on. At the essence of all my posts on the Wizards is that they're a playoff team so long as they stay fit and Wall is very talented.

You are the one who gets in a hump about it.

You are the one who doesn't acknowledge their losses when two of their three most important players are out injures for games and even weeks at a time.

You are the one who shuts his trap when it comes to their any of their wins.

Sing when your team is winning, and sing when the opposition is losing.

It doesn't matter it's basketball related. If it was golf, snowboarding or football, 3 other sports I'm passionate about I'd wouldn't stand for such spiel to put it kindly.

Lastly, I love that you play the victim card with your final comments given all your sneaky, under the radar type posts in trying to agitate myself and others. Some still find your posts amusing now. I did once upon a time as well.

I'll say it once more, **** hits the fan far too often with you despite people telling you to relax on your ultra bias ways. I don't even know why I keep repeating myself to you as there isn't a hope in hell you will ease up.

Since you are a betting man Nuri Sahin. I have a proposition for you.

The Pacers play the Wizards on the Friday the 10th of Jan

If The Wizards win. I'll stop posting negative comments about The Wizards and John Wall

If The Pacers win. You have to stop posting negative comments about The Pacers and Paul George.

What do you say? :cool:

I would just like to point out that you were singing a different tune a few weeks ago about the Pacers having to make a statement in some game and it was a must win....
    Now 'there is another game tomorrow' ? I feel you only are very selective and contradictory in your views.
    That was after losing back to back games, The 2nd game to rivals Miami. It was important that we respond to that loss with a win. We went on to win the next 4 games. So in terms of regular season games. It was important that we best Houston that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

You're only about 10 posts late with that! ;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You're only about 10 posts late with that! ;):rolleyes:

Some of us get some sleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Excuses, excuses.

Evidently you never played any important sports events after 3 + hour trips.

No to mention the change of time zones and jet lag

Saying that Pacers should win most days of the week against Raptors

You will hear all about this come playoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

If The Wizards win. I'll stop posting negative comments about The Wizards and John Wall

If The Pacers win. You have to stop posting negative comments about The Pacers and Paul George.

As a betting man I'd be shocked if Nuri took evens about a 7/2 shot.

You're really playing it safe there DRD.
    Wizards only need to beat the team with the best record in the league, on the road, coming off of back-to-back road games on the tues/weds. :rolleyes:

How about: If the Wizards make the playoffs, you shut up about Wall and if the Pacers win the championship everyone will get off Paul George's back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Can't we all just get along ;)

Nets n Knicks are talked about alot too.

John wall is regularly talked about because the Wizzards are an interesting but some what unpredictable team, and there achievements earlier in the season, sans Nene and Beal ha been impressive, somewhat unexpected. Wall ha more or less been consistent. He is underrated.Wall is mentioned alot in response to YOUR references to him

George is talked about alot because he has completely broken out.Pacers have been excellent, somewhat unexpectedly sans their original recognised leader , Granger. Again any snarky remarks about him,I assume is not a criticism on George but a response to your love in with the Pacers and the sing when your winning comments. Why get nose out of joint? All players and teams dip in form during the season, look at Portland. The only dude who has not dipped in form, despite back problems is Le Bron (hate saying that for fear of being seen as a fanboy of LBJ)

Ooooooh very bold bet!! How risky

I would be hilarious if Pacers lost. They won't of course.

paul george is a star but not a superstar i wouldn't put him near lebron and kd yet and would prob have him on level with the likes of james harden. he will probaly become a superstar but we will wait and see. saying he is not a superstar yet is not even close to having a go.

with regards john wall (and its painful how often this gets brought up) he is a good player but him and the wizards get far to much distain from you on a regular basis. they have some piece in place and should the cards fall right for them they could be competing sooner than you think. they are not a great franchise but far from the best in the league. the pacers where **** for years you where not making these bets then.

and a few pages back you mentioned the arenas thing. that could have happened in any franchise. these players often come from lower class areas, suddenly have stupid amounts of money and feel the need to protect there "rep" its foolish but theres not a lot you can do unless you stop signing players from these areas. which would cast a worse light again on the franchise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Kings hold on for the W. Gotta say, Rudy Gay before picking up his 6th foul was very good, but when he consistently is showing levels of that performance will I change my mind on him. Kings tend to show up against the big name teams on home court especially. Cousins was just ridiculously good.

Lillard put up a career high tonight too, 41 points I think it was.

edit - 89 points in that final quarter!!!

Rudy has been excellent for the Kings so far, to be fair. He is a very good SF when he doesn't force things, he's just vastly overpaid. Has lead to him being undervalued as a player, but yeah, contract is crazy. He was destroying the Blazers and the 6th foul was a joke, there was nothing in it at all. He's accepted that he's second option to Boogie and he's getting better and better in that role. Clearly not a superstar but he is a very good SF, and there's not that many of them in the West.

You're right about Kings showing up against the good teams. Cousins called a team-only meeting a couple of days ago as the players were starting to get pissed at eachother during games. Said they came out of the meeting agreeing that they always bring it against the big teams and are lackluster against the bad ones. He was asked about the upcoming Orlando game and his response was, "We've decided we're not playing Orlando on Friday. We're playing OKC." :pac:

One more thing on Cousins. He was beastly last night, but look at his game logs, he has been absolutely destroying every team, regardless of whose defending him. Just leaving a trail of destruction behind him. Actually I saw a nice comparison of his numbers now versus all the great big men of the last 20+ years at his age. You'd be amazed just how dominant he is... I'll try to find it for you guys later. He really does deserve to be an All-Star this year. He might already be the best offensive big in the game, and that's not an exaggeration. Scary when you realise that he can still get better. I watch every Kings game and it's seriously gotten to the point where 22/11 would be a "mediocre" game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Give Wizards 10 points against the spread and he might take the bet.:pac:

In more interesting NBA news, Spurs v Mavericks tonight should be a good one for fans of offense. Popovich and Carlisle run the best offensive sets in the NBA, and both teams just play really smart basketball. Spurs obviously should have too much for the Mavs, but still should be an entertaining game. As a lover of basketball the Spurs are just a wonderful team to watch, I know many fans find them boring, but I much rather watch a Spurs game with really heady basketball being played than say a Clippers game with DeAndre throwing down crazy dunks and getting blocks, but unable to play team defense. With the brains of the operation (Chris Paul) out for a few weeks, the Clipeprs offense could become ugly.
    Sure dunks can be really fun for the casual fan, but as I'm sure many on here will agree, watching a team execute their offensive sets effectively and understanding why and how they score the ball can be really satisfying. The below video may have been posted before, but is well worth a look and does a great job in breaking down how Tony Parker gets so many great shots in the Spurs offense. Spurs v Mavs is on BT Sport tonight from 12, for anyone who is subscribed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

JR Smith fined 50k for being an eejit trying to be funny. That's what I think he was doing anyway. Doing it to go home and check his social networks to see what people were saying.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/01/08/nba-fines-j-r-smith-50000-for-shoe-lace-unting-incidents/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Bill and Jalen's 33 day recap

Draft thread for draft videos?!

Advertisement