Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

JR Smith fined 50k for being an eejit trying to be funny. That's what I think he was doing anyway. Doing it to go home and check his social networks to see what people were saying.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/01/08/nba-fines-j-r-smith-50000-for-shoe-lace-unting-incidents/index.html

JR must be the dumbest player in the NBA. There's wiser eating grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

JR must be the dumbest player in the NBA. There's wiser eating grass.
    I don't know about the dumbest... Lance Stephenson always struck me as a dumb guy, remember the time he made a choke gesture at Lebron really pissing Lebron off and causing him to go off. .......................(Waits)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I said after the first laces incident he'd get fined and lo and behold, what does he do but go and do it again. He must be some class of idiot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

kmart6 wrote: »
    Draft thread for draft videos?!
    It's not a draft video. It's one of Bill Simmons's NBA videos. They just briefly talk on the prospects at the beginning. It's one of many topics covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So weird to see Deng wearing another teams uniform. I agree with Padraig's take on it though from a few pages back, it gets to a stage when we're talking more than $10m per year that it just doesn't become viable to keep him. A fantastic servant both on and off the court for the last decade though and I wish him all the best.

Boozer will be the next one of the current crop gone (amnestied) giving us a bit of cash to play around with, although I have very little faith in the front office to get it any way right though that's another matter.

• Advertisement

Pacers V Hawks

Should be a nice win for the Pacers, ATL are really struggling without Horford. Millsap is trying, but he can't do it by himself. Up against the best center in the East, All Star, Roy Hibbert and a solid veteran in David West

No Lance tonight :(

10 - 0 ATL :o

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Since you are a betting man Nuri Sahin. I have a proposition for you.

The Pacers play the Wizards on the Friday the 10th of Jan

If The Wizards win. I'll stop posting negative comments about The Wizards and John Wall

If The Pacers win. You have to stop posting negative comments about The Pacers and Paul George.

What do you say? :cool:

Just viewing the thread for the past 10 minutes and only done laughing :D

Why in a game that I'd bet 8, actually probably 9 times out of 10 back the Pacers to win.. back the Wizards? Please enlighten me :confused:

Do you even know the odds for the Wizards to win straight up tomorrow night?

Equally, what has happened to your betting is the root of all evil spiel?

JR Smith fined 50k for being an eejit trying to be funny. That's what I think he was doing anyway. Doing it to go home and check his social networks to see what people were saying.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/01/08/nba-fines-j-r-smith-50000-for-shoe-lace-unting-incidents/index.html

Eejit is being kind. Apparently he did in the Rockets game the other night too.
    moneyman wrote: »
    Rudy has been excellent for the Kings so far, to be fair. He is a very good SF when he doesn't force things, he's just vastly overpaid. Has lead to him being undervalued as a player, but yeah, contract is crazy. He was destroying the Blazers and the 6th foul was a joke, there was nothing in it at all. He's accepted that he's second option to Boogie and he's getting better and better in that role. Clearly not a superstar but he is a very good SF, and there's not that many of them in the West.

You're right about Kings showing up against the good teams. Cousins called a team-only meeting a couple of days ago as the players were starting to get pissed at eachother during games. Said they came out of the meeting agreeing that they always bring it against the big teams and are lackluster against the bad ones. He was asked about the upcoming Orlando game and his response was, "We've decided we're not playing Orlando on Friday. We're playing OKC." :pac:

One more thing on Cousins. He was beastly last night, but look at his game logs, he has been absolutely destroying every team, regardless of whose defending him. Just leaving a trail of destruction behind him. Actually I saw a nice comparison of his numbers now versus all the great big men of the last 20+ years at his age. You'd be amazed just how dominant he is... I'll try to find it for you guys later. He really does deserve to be an All-Star this year. He might already be the best offensive big in the game, and that's not an exaggeration. Scary when you realise that he can still get better. I watch every Kings game and it's seriously gotten to the point where 22/11 would be a "mediocre" game.

With regards to Gay, I just have to see him do it on a consistent level before I say he's a changed man is all. I watched (thanks to betting) him at the Raptors and Grizzlies a decent bit, I don't think I've wanted to strangle a single player more.. well, maybe JR Smith aside. I still think think it was harsh on Williams to lose his place too. Guy was balling before the Gay trade, depth is good in that position at least for you guys!

Cousins is my favourite player to watch in his position. Only get to see the odd full Kings game, always stands out.

Watching Warriors @ Nets, tis a bloodbath early doors.

I spoke too soon, Warriors bench is stinking it up.

• Advertisement

Ooh, Very bad 1st quarter from The Pacers. Need to come out in the 2nd and get on terms by the half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

No DRD play-by-play commentary tonight :(

Get the finger out

No DRD play-by-play commentary tonight :(

Get the finger out

Bit of work to do here in ATL. Got off to a terrible start. But no worries, we'll get there.

Lakers starting off nicely on both ends. 2 24-second violations for the Rockets. Robert Sacre shutting down Dwight Howard...kinda ;)

Just as I'm typing this I hear an ad with Steve Nash in it. Almost forgot he was on the roster.

Only realising now how dependent the Mavs are on Shawn Marrion. They basically have no rim protection without him, Dirk for all his undoubted greatness is almost a liability on defense, especially with the Mavs starting the undersized Blair at centre. Spurs have missed some easy shots and should be further ahead. Vince had a Toronto-esque dunk towards the end of 1st quarter.

Raptors commentators saying Johnson and DeRozan look tired in the first half. 0-16 from the field in the first half.

Atlanta are playing their game of the season. The gap is becoming unassailable. If we don't get it together soon. This one will be a done.

Pacers bench and starters have 16pts each. The bench a lot more efficient though.

20 point swing in the 2Q alone in Brooklyn sees the Nets lead at HT. I just don't know what to say.

Pacers bench and starters have 16pts each. The bench a lot more efficient though.

Things not going our way tonight, We need to come out swinging in the 2nd half. The game is in the balance.

• Advertisement

Atlanta are playing their game of the season. The gap is becoming unassailable. If we don't get it together soon. This one will be a done.

Jesus wept.

Spurs have blown this thing open. Tony Parker was unguardable in the 3rd, going 6/6 for 14 points. He just destroyed Calderon on the pick and roll. Carter just nailed a 40 footer at the end and turned and pointed straight at Jeff Van Gundy, quite hilarious. Infairness to Vince he has had a good game. Edit: Van Gundy interview with Pop just there was brilliant. Jeff jokingly said that he was so nervous about having to interview him. He explained that he even sought the council of reporters who suggested that he try to get Pop in touch with his feelings. Pop duly gave the small guy a hug, with Jeff not managing to even ask a question! Touching :L

:( 24 down

Curry in turnover mode now and that fool Jackson refuses to call a timeout when it's clearly needed as per usual, probably just leaving it in the hands of god again.

:) Coming back a little here. Pacers go on a 9 -0 run to reduce the lead to 14

One to go in Atlanta, Pacers 13 pts behind. Still there

Blatche just attempted a hobo version of Dirk's one legged fade away. He missed, obviously.

Nets doing their usual 3Q implosion, Warriors lead by 1 going into the fourth.

We can't deal with Hawks efficiency from outside, Korver, Antic. It's too much tonight.

Point guard Kendall Marshall 5 rebounds.

Superstar center Dwight Howard 4 rebounds

I know there's still a bit of time to go but it's looking like another below par game for him against LA

• Advertisement

Mark Jackson has Curry guarding KG. Yup, God told him to do it.

Elsewhere, Wizards up 23 in New Orleans late in the third.

Advertisement