Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I'm still waiting to be enlightened btw.

__

Part 3 and 4 are up finally.

Love all there stuff. Bill and Jalen are great together. Part 3 probably the best this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭ec18

Take your beating, Knicks fans. You were defeated by a better team with better players, Paul George is a better all round player than Carmelo Anthony. The Pacers are your superior.

image.jpg

Knicks don't want your support :P :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Love all there stuff. Bill and Jalen are great together. Part 3 probably the best this time

They are entertaining, but the real gem on the grantland team is Zach Lowe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Found this amusing. Needless to say it features some boards regulars like Kendrick Perkins and good old JR Smith.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/01/most-hated-players-nba/

Also reminded me of something I'd long forgotten - JJ Reddick's "abortion contract" - what a guy!

Edit: Oh, and JaVale!
    http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3pd9v0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I used to enjoy reading and sometimes posting in this thread. Now it's just being ruined by one poster using it as a personal blog. Shame really as there are very good posters/posts getting lost in the bs.

I also used to like the Pacers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Felexicon wrote: »
    I used to enjoy reading and sometimes posting in this thread. Now it's just being ruined by one poster using it as a personal blog. Shame really as there are very good posters/posts getting lost in the bs.

I also used to like the Pacers

Then you are just a clown. You are choosing to dislike a team that someone you dislike likes? That's the type of maturity this thread needs.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Look, we all have to calm down, and stop letting this discussion tear us apart before it's too late.

Perkins is the GOAT.

Perkins is the GOAT.

I'm stating the obvious here I guess to many but y'all do know Perks dad Kenny played ball in Ireland for a few years? FO REAL.

Perkins is a GOAT.

FYP Nuri. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I would love to know how many times John Wall has been mentioned in this thread.

Looking forward to the Heat vs Knicks game tonight. New York have been playing better basketball recently, but the Knicks missing Chandler will probably be the deciding factor in this game. Rim protection is paramount against Lebron and Wade. Miami's rotation is weakened with Chalmers and Battier out though, and Rashard lewis has not been the most consistent off the bench, I presume he will start at the 4. Putting Melo at the 4 would make perfect sense tonight to try and exploit that matchup. Woodie will prob go with Martin at power forward and Bargnani aka "the big tease-o" at centre. Playing Melo at 4 and Martin at five is almost definitely a better matchup both offensively and defensively tonight. Was just looking at some Knicks stats earlier, in 33.2 mins of action JR Swish is shooting 31% so far in January, and 18% from three. I would be much more comfortable if a lot of those minutes were going to Hardaway Jr. Woodie has inexplicably cut his minutes in the last 4 games. He is playing 19 mins a game shooting .455 and .404 from 3 on the season, but these last 4 games thats gone down to 11 mins. He's basically being punished for playing well, while JR puts up bad performance after bad performance and Woodie keeps playing him. And all because of some idiotic theory of Woodson's that you don't play your rooks in close games...

buyer95 wrote: »
    I would love to know how many times John Wall has been mentioned in this thread.

Well he is the (self-proclaimed) best PG in the NBA after all. :rolleyes:

ec18 wrote: »
    Knicks don't want your support :P :P
    It's more that I want the Heat to lose rather than Knicks to win. The two have to go together. Whatever benefits the Pacers really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Can't blame him for saying that even though its not true. Most athletes are extremely confident in themselves as you'd expect. You would rarely hear them saying 'I don't think I'm as good as x, y or z'

On a completely unrelated note, the amount of players who strongly believe in God and say how blessed they are by him is fairly big. It must pay off having such strong faith!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Oh and yes perk perk is king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Can't blame him for saying that even though its not true. Most athletes are extremely confident in themselves as you'd expect. You would rarely hear them saying 'I don't think I'm as good as x, y or z'

On a completely unrelated note, the amount of players who strongly believe in God and say how blessed they are by him is fairly big. It must pay off having such strong faith!
    Its never helped me :mad: then again, being 5.10 and with no talent may be my problem

On a completely unrelated note, the amount of American sportsmen and women who strongly believe in God and say how blessed they are by him is fairly big. It must pay off having such strong faith!

FYP, man. FYP :)

Nobody loves John Wall as much as John Wall loves himself. He puts himself in the top 5 PG when you know he really thinks himself he's No.1. Any inclusion in The All Star team is simply by default. Only because of injury to Rose and Rondo. Even then he won't be voted in by the fans, Probably be coaches selection. Hopefully Irving is fit to play along side Wade in the East back court

D.Wade (718,109)
    K.Irving (652,522)
    D.Rose (323,099)
    J.Wall (278,516)

Reverse Dunk from Bragnani :rolleyes:

Wade, who is a big name in a big market franchise.
    Rose, who is a big name in a big market franchise.
    Irving, who like Griffin is plastered all over the TV in the US thanks to his deals with Pepsi, NBA Live and Foot Locker.

Still waiting to be enlightened btw.

• Advertisement

I hope JR comes on for comical value soon. Surprised to see Murry in ahead of him it must be said.

Speaking of comical value, that last play at the end of the 1Q. Elite defense from Bargs :pac:

Good contest here. Enjoying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Good contest here. Enjoying it

really-im-so-happy-for-you.jpg

Seriously, just watch the game, there's no need for all those comments.

Wade, who is a big name in a big market franchise.
    Rose, who is a big name in a big market franchise.
    Irving, who like Griffin is plastered all over the TV in the US thanks to his deals with Pepsi, NBA Live and Foot Locker.

Still waiting to be enlightened btw.

Paul George is on a small market team and he has 900,000 votes. Any more excuses or qualifiers?

Paul George is on a small market team and he has 900,000 votes. Any more excuses or qualifiers?

Deary, deary me.

Are you actually putting the Indiana Pacers on the same level as the Washington Wizards?

Also, when will you enlighten me? You made out betting is the root of all evil. Then wanted to make a bet with me.. and by making the Wizards at Evens in said bet. Have you checked their odds even like I suggested?

So strange that so called partizan Pacer fan is cheering on the Knicks and doing so, so openly, no matter the circumstance.

Felton is doing some positive things on the court, wow.

edit - invisible feature is handy, ain't it.

Bledsoe is out indefinitely :(

Gutted for him and the Suns, been one of the fun teams to watch this season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10269880/eric-bledsoe-phoenix-suns-needs-knee-surgery-indefinitely

Deary, deary me.

So strange that so called partizan Pacer fan is cheering on the Knicks and doing so, so openly, no matter the circumstance.
    Nothing Strange. Whatever benefits the Pacers. Just want the heat held back.

Deary, deary me.

Are you actually putting the Indiana Pacers on the same level as the Washington Wizards?

Also, when will you enlighten me? You made out betting is the root of all evil. Then wanted to make a bet with me.. and by making the Wizards at Evens in said bet. Have you checked their odds even like I suggested?

Bet is want it is take it or leave it.?

• Advertisement

Nothing Strange. Whatever benefits the Pacers. Just want the heat held back.

Given you ignored my other question, I'll take that as a yes. You put the Pacers on the same level as the Wizards.
    Bet is want it is take it or leave it.?

You've well and truly lost the plot.

Answer my question regarding the Wizards odds tomorrow.

If you're so confident in your Pacers, put down a minimum of €110 on the spread tomorrow and throw up a picture. If you do and it wins, I'll give you another €110 in person. I'm in Dublin/Wicklow for another 2 weeks.

Advertisement