Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

In fairness to Durant, I think it's prob aimed more at Westbrook who took more shots last year than anyone in the league. Crazy when you think that Durant is on the same team and was leading the league in scoring until the last few weeks of the season. Also on Durant, he shot a crazily efficient 50-40-90 last year so don't think it was directed at him. I do think if Durant really wanted that scoring title last year he'd have gone for it in the last few games but he didn't, likely resting for the playoffs.

Love won't lead the league in scoring at the year end, maybe somewhere between 5-10 on the scoring chart but not lead the league. He does too much other work to concentrate on winning a scoring race.

Agree with you looking back on it, though I also sensed he could have been referring to Melo too since he just played the Knicks the night before, as well as that run in with him last season in Oklahoma.
    They are my tip to win the West IF they stay healthy. Said it before the season started. Think they have a real shot at it this year.

Their bench worries me, Harrison Barnes aside. Calling on Barnes, Landry and Jack off the bench was a real strength of theirs last season.
    scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Jesus the defense in that rockets clippers game must be shocking! 78 66 @ the half, Houston are absolutely destroying them on the boards too looking at the stats!

Harden is of to a weak start so far this year! Still don't think the clippers are that good!

I do know the Rockets arrived at the arena very late and didn't go through their full warm up as a result. That and Howard got called for a couple of soft fouls very, very early on. Why McHale kept Howard out there still after the two quick ones was beyond me. And as you said with Harden, he's been fairly 'meh' this season, but especially poor last night. To be fiar, the Rockets as a whole played like thrash for most of the game, but they can go away with the note they were in the game for the most part, spent a lot of the third and fourth quarter trailing by 10-12 points despite the Clippers draining a high percentage of shots before being blown out in the final five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Kinda funny from the Trailblazers Spurs game the other night:

Meanwhile in Atlanta…..

Just lame.

This one I could watch repeatedly however:

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Tonight - Pacers Vs Pistons at The Palace of Auburn Hills. Brings to mind that infamous night back in 2004

Embarrassing display on so many levels at The Garden last night that I do not know where to start.

Actually, I do. Kudos to Kemba Walker, back in his home town. The bright lights were on and he brought it all night. Bobcats as a whole played some good team ball.

As for the Knicks, I could go on a big time rant, but what's the point. I just hope Chandler's injury isn't too severe. Without him, there isn't a hope of the Knicks making it into the playoffs if he's out for any considerable amount of time. The only Knick to be putting in 110% effort out there on a nightly basis. He's looked like his Mavs-self again this season in honest truth, that's how good he has been. As for the rest... goes back to my rant remark above. Not worth it.

Great wins for the Pacers, Spurs and Rockets in particular last night. Ditto the Suns, playing with a lot of energy in the minutes and highlights I've seen of them this season. Bledasoe is going to be a heck of a player for whoever signs him up.

Bulls vs Pacers, What a game, Can't wait for tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Chandler out for upto 6 weeks. It just gets worse and worse. Chandler has been our one consistent performer thus far. As sahin said, he's looked like his old mavs self again. That has been because he has been playing injury free. I hope the Knicks don't rush him back, he needs to fully recuperate, even if that is at the cost of a few losses.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Chandler out for upto 6 weeks. It just gets worse and worse. Chandler has been our one consistent performer thus far. As sahin said, he's looked like his old mavs self again. That has been because he has been playing injury free. I hope the Knicks don't rush him back, he needs to fully recuperate, even if that is at the cost of a few losses.

4-6 weeks, but I'm expecting the worse, ie: longer than 6 weeks.

It was horrific viewing for any Knicks fan last night once Chandler went out of the game. No hyperbole here, there was near zero defensive presence or rebounding effort unless the ball just conveniently fell to them. People who could step in, well Stoudemire can't play defence (terribly low on confidence) and Martin who I like, is ageing.

Schedule isn't too bad is the only positive to come out of Chandler's injury news.

IF the worst does happen, and the Knicks miss out on the playoffs. Big, big changes are needed in the off-season.

Bulls @ Pacers
    GSW @ Twolves
    Mavs @ OKC

3 intriguing games on tonight, should be good.

Fck 14 - 2 run for the Bulls. Time out Pacers. Need to put a stop to this

Terrible night for Lance so far 0 -7 and 3 fouls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Anyone watching the clippers, whats going on down 15 at half time cant see them turning this around

HT Bulls 43 -37 Pacers. Rose is causing us problems. The bulls defense has been solid, Stevenson can't buy a basket, West isn't at the races either. Pacers need to up their games 2nd half.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Anyone watching the clippers, whats going on down 15 at half time cant see them turning this around

Not watching it but looking the HT box score. Magic are domination the low post game. Vucevic already has a Double double

shamrock55 wrote: »

Down 15 at HT is nothing, tbh.

Yes! Catch n Shoot. Paul George for 3. Pacers 56 - 51 Bulls.

Anthony Bennett FINALLY made a bucket, a 3 pointer there v Bucks.

Clips take the lead

Last 1/4. Nothing in it, anyone's game in Indiana.

Just win by 3 at least Pacers, do it for Ade.

Clips magic going right down to the wire, close finish

• Advertisement

Ah fantastic. 10 - 0 run in the 4th for the Pacers. Steal, fast break and finish by scola. Steven sinks a 2nd chance 3 from George's Offensive rebound, Bulls call time -out

You beauty Luis Scola, Great contribution

Magic win and my love for Vucevic grows. Guy is a monster. Clippers wasted a lot of energy there ahead of their B2B v Miami tomorrow night. Well done NBA :rolleyes:

Great 4th 1/4 performance, Win in the bag, Pacers 5 -0

Really fun start to the Mavs - OKC game. Westbrook really looks like he hasn't been injured at all. Ellis looking good too.

Adams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Perkins

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Boston scrape their first win against winless Jazz, but needed an 8 point 2nd quarter from Utah to get over the line. Would have been first 0-5 sart in Celtics NBA history had they failed to win. The fans are not happy though - first home game since April 2007 (pre Big Three) not to sell out in Boston.

Steph Curry turned his ankle again, looking for update on it but can't find much yet. Big 4th quarter from Klay Thompson throwing in 19 in their win with Curry off the floor.

Indiana continue to impress at both ends of the floor, certainly look the best team in the East, maybe even the league right now.

Finally, to all you Knicks fans, you will make the Playoffs! Chandler is out for 6(ish) weeks, not the rest of the year, and besides, the East is weak.

Boston scrape their first win against winless Jazz, but needed an 8 point 2nd quarter from Utah to get over the line. Would have been first 0-5 sart in Celtics NBA history had they failed to win. The fans are not happy though - first home game since April 2007 (pre Big Three) not to sell out in Boston.

Steph Curry turned his ankle again, looking for update on it but can't find much yet. Big 4th quarter from Klay Thompson throwing in 19 in their win with Curry off the floor.

Indiana continue to impress at both ends of the floor, certainly look the best team in the East, maybe even the league right now.

Finally, to all you Knicks fans, you will make the Playoffs! Chandler is out for 6(ish) weeks, not the rest of the year, and besides, the East is weak.

Really wouldn't be sure of that, mate. There was a calming influence when you had guys like Novak and Kidd around who's experience could rub off on the others along with Chandler and Woodson had a settled line up from the off last year who were firing on all cylinders early on. So far it's been an absolute cluster****. I had low-ish expectations this season, reach the playoffs. Felt the Knicks be competing with the Wizards, Cavs and Pistons for those final couple of places. Wizards aren't as bad as their record shows. Pistons just need Josh Smith to stop thinking he's some 3 point man and attack the rim. Cavs have been the most underwhelming so far of those three teams. Despite their form, they've played some good basketball for spells in their games so far. The Knicks, perhaps Pablo and Chandler haven't any real sustained, good play. We'll see anyway, as you said, still very early days, but I don't see many wins coming over the next month and a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Adams >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Perkins

All of us on this forum >>>>>>> Perkins

• Advertisement

Clippers @ Heat on in a few minutes followed by Lakers @ Rockets, for those unaware.

Advertisement