Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Good, enough time for him to showcase his post-injury game before the Kings trade IT/McLemore/picks/filler for him. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Harden be floppin', yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Gray Mamba :pac:

Bdq_Xo_U0_CEAA0_PHA.png

Rockets last possession there was just beyond dumb, have to see it to believe it.

I must be the only one watching still :S

Heat - Nets are in OT atm.

• Advertisement

LeBron fouls out for the first time since 08.

Double overtime.

I ****ing have Under 195.5 Points, ugh.

Yay, 199 points put up thanks to double OT, Nets win -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    LeBron fouls out for the first time since 08.

Double overtime.

I ****ing have Under 195.5 Points, ugh.

Yay, 199 points put up thanks to double OT, Nets win -_-

Who says one can't portray sarcasm in writing, coz that's pretty good example of some fine sarcasm there!

So, err.. the Lakers. Marshall looked to roll his ankle earlier. Embrace the tank is all one can say.

Griffin is killing it tonight though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

What a night of Basketball, The Pacers destroy John Wall and The Wizards,winning by 27 points.
    Brooklyn forced to beat Miami 3 time in one game. JJ, The Truth, Big Ticket showing King James how it's done.
    Clippers confirm what everyone already knew. The Clippers are LA's team. Even still the one will sting Lakernation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

What a night of Basketball, The Pacers destroy John Wall and The Wizards,winning by 27 points.
    Brooklyn forced to beat Miami 3 time in one game. JJ, The Truth, Big Ticket showing King James how it's done.
    Clippers confirm what everyone already knew. The Clippers are LA's team. Even still the one will sting Lakernation.

Seriously, is there a way of finding out how many times the words "John Wall" or "Wall" have been mentioned in this thread?

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    Seriously, is there a way of finding out how many times the words "John Wall" or "Wall" have been mentioned in this thread?

69 total times in the basketball forum.

I'd say 40 have been in this thread alone.

John Wall is very popular. 41.

69 total times in the basketball forum.

I'd say 40 have been in this thread alone.

John Wall is very popular. 41.

How about from now on we refer to John Wall as "He who must not be named"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

How about from now on we refer to John Wall as "He who must not be named"

How about "All-Star lock" :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

And this is why the Kings are exciting to watch again:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

buyer95 wrote: »

I know, DRDs lack of basketball IQ is only outdone by he's unhealthy relationship with selective parts of the NBA.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Warning for Nuri Sahin. Even if you delete a post I can still see it so think before you post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

I know, DRDs lack of basketball IQ is only outdone by he's unhealthy relationship with selective parts of the NBA.

Will you grow up FFS. DDR is many things but his Bball IQ is right up there. This sort of petty sniping is getting out of hand. Pity the mods have decided not to take any action.

Warning for Nuri Sahin. Even if you delete a post I can still see it so think before you post.

It was deleted near right away because I thought better of it................

RMDrive wrote: »
    Will you grow up FFS. DDR is many things but his Bball IQ is right up there. This sort of petty sniping is getting out of hand. Pity the mods have decided not to take any action.

You don't complain in the slightest about DDR's obvious attempts I notice, is that because you support the Indiana Pacers?
    Oh, and anybody can post scouting vids and copy and paste ESPN articles on draft prospects. Bizarre how you get away with calling someone a clown too like the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Bizarre how you get away with calling someone a clown too like the other day.

This.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

The roof in Verizon Center is leaking?! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

mixery wrote: »
    The roof in Verizon Center is leaking?! :O
    No doubt that'll be John Wall's fault in one posters eyes!

Right enough of this right now. I'm sick to the teeth of how childish the forum has become. Dublin Red Devil is not to gloat at a poor John Wall performance or cheer the Wizards losing. Other posters are to quit the narky little jibes at him. There will be no further warnings on this issue. I've been lenient about this for long enough on both sides. The forum is quite a good read when these comments aren't taking place so lets move on with things shall we?

Someone should tell John Wall that somewhere out in the world on a little Irish forum, his performances are what causes arguments on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Brandon Jennings gone for 16 assists in the first half with no turnovers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

5 wins in a row for the Bulls now. Eh, this whole tanking thing isn't exactly going to plan :pac:

Popovich and Thibs are probably the two coaches in the league who could get wins from any group of players.

For a Pacerless night It was pretty good night around the league.

No surprise OKC beat The Bucks, but they do miss Westbrook. The sooner he's back the better.
    NY kept their streak going with a win over the 76ers, JR Smith had a pretty good night. Nobody had their shoes untied.
    Happy Detroit beat the Suns. An amazing 18 assists from Jennings, Double Doubles all round in the front court.
    Delighted James Harden and co had a good night in the Verizon center :D
    DeRozen is looking All Star quality right now. Playing a little above Mr Wade maybe? He lead Toronto past a re-surging Brooklyn.

Paully D wrote: »
    5 wins in a row for the Bulls now. Eh, this whole tanking thing isn't exactly going to plan :pac:

Popovich and Thibs are probably the two coaches in the league who could get wins from any group of players.

Thibs is trying to screw the Bulls over before he goes. Leaving them high and dry with no lottery pick and an early playoff exit. No playing sorry or Jabari in Chicago

For a Pacerless night It was pretty good night around the league.

No surprise OKC beat The Bucks, but they do miss Westbrook. The sooner he's back the better.
    NY kept their streak going with a win over the 76ers, JR Smith had a pretty good night. Nobody had their shoes untied.
    Happy Detroit beat the Suns. An amazing 18 assists from Jennings, Double Doubles all round in the front court.
    Delighted James Harden and co had a good night in the Verizon center :D
    DeRozen is looking All Star quality right now. Playing a little above Mr Wade maybe? He lead Toronto past a re-surging Brooklyn.

DRD banned for a day for gloating over a Washington loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thibs is trying to screw the Bulls over before he goes. Leaving them high and dry with no lottery pick and an early playoff exit. No playing sorry or Jabari in Chicago

How is he trying to screw the Bulls over? By doing his job, winning games? He's a top coach and isn't going to let his team tank, nor are players like Noah who play extremely hard every night going to even consider the suggestion.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does leave in the future because our front office are complete idiots and he doesn't see eye-to-eye with them, but to suggest he is trying to screw the team over by winning games is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.

Advertisement