Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I have to LOL at the idea of someone in Ireland getting a kick out of the Wizards losing. The f*cking Wizards..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Well that lasted a long time huh?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

RMDrive wrote: »
    Well that lasted a long time huh?

What did ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

What did ?

This did ...
    Other posters are to quit the narky little jibes at him.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Paully D wrote: »
    How is he trying to screw the Bulls over? By doing his job, winning games? He's a top coach and isn't going to let his team tank, nor are players like Noah who play extremely hard every night going to even consider the suggestion.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does leave in the future because our front office are complete idiots and he doesn't see eye-to-eye with them, but to suggest he is trying to screw the team over by winning games is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous.

As I said the other day, Thibs is tank proof.
    RMDrive wrote: »
    This did ...

Are you mates IRL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    As I said the other day, Thibs is tank proof.

Are you mates IRL?

This. Your defending his inane dislike of the Wizards and attacking others for pointing out the folly of this dislike. Go figure.

Discuss the season not the posters. Quit it now

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

There's plenty of basketball to be talking about. Knicks playing well the last few games is so great to see as a fan. Team is still not good enough to make NBA finals. Conference finals at a real push if they played to the peak of their powers. Nice to see STAT playing well and with some nice hops. Rumors that Andre Miller is on the way out of Denver. Would suit NYK quite well I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Thibs is trying to screw the Bulls over before he goes. Leaving them high and dry with no lottery pick and an early playoff exit. No playing sorry or Jabari in Chicago

As mentioned above this point of view is pretty wide of the mark, it is an unfounded point of view and the opposite would actually make more sense from what we know of Thibs.

Bulls are playing a risky game though, as I heard someone mention in the media during the week, it is very easy to tear a team down but a lot harder to build it back up.

Mongo wrote: »
    There's plenty of basketball to be talking about. Knicks playing well the last few games is so great to see as a fan. Team is still not good enough to make NBA finals. Conference finals at a real push if they played to the peak of their powers. Nice to see STAT playing well and with some nice hops. Rumors that Andre Miller is on the way out of Denver. Would suit NYK quite well I think.

That would be a big push :D
    Impossible to see past Heat and Pacers final, it will be a great final at that.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Actually think a fully fit Knicks will be a good match up against either team in a Playoff series if it comes around to that.

Pacers beat them last year, but it was a closer series than many might remember. JR's meniscus and generally being a dumbass elbowing JET and the crap with Rhianna afterwards, Tyson's back, Kidd's age and shooting form, Stoudmeire's knees, and Felton's terribleness... in spite of all that they came within a block by Hibbert of forcing a game 7 vs. the very good, healthy at the time Pacers.

Obviously in regards to the Heat it's a tad different as they tend to play 75% if even that for most of the regular season and this season. There is another gear or two in them for sure that we occasionally see at present, but the Knicks have generally given them some problems over the past year nonetheless winning like 3 out of the last 4, maybe 4 out of the last 5 games which is fairly impressive regular season or not.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Actually think a fully fit Knicks will be a good match up against either team in a Playoff series if it comes around to that.

Pacers beat them last year, but it was a closer series than many might remember. JR's meniscus and generally being a dumbass elbowing JET and the crap with Rhianna afterwards, Tyson's back, Kidd's age and shooting form, Stoudmeire's knees, and Felton's terribleness... in spite of all that they came within a block by Hibbert of forcing a game 7 vs. the very good, healthy at the time Pacers.

Obviously in regards to the Heat it's a tad different as they tend to play 75% if even that for most of the regular season and this season. There is another gear or two in them for sure that we occasionally see at present, but the Knicks have generally given them some problems over the past year nonetheless winning like 3 out of the last 4, maybe 4 out of the last 5 games which is fairly impressive regular season or not.

Yea, this is true and Knicks definitely have some serious weapons and a threat on their day but they are a bit of a mess in my opinion. I think Chandler has to be 100% if they are to be serious about making an impact in the playoffs, they will have to make the playoffs first...
    Pacers seemed to have upped it a gear this year although I havent seen too much of it, maybe it is a case of the West getting stronger and East getting weaker.

Spurs playing great basketball atm, they should have no issues with the Timberwolves IMO. Delighted to see BT Sport showing the game, always love watching them play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Spurs are like silent assassins.

They're sitting quietly on top of the Western Conference but you don't hear much about them. I think people take it for granted that they're going to finish well.

Brilliant execution of the 2 man game there between Parker and Bonner. Red Rocket has 8 first quarter points so far! On an unrelated note, the bias of the spurs play by play guys has to be one of the most blatant in the league, hilarious stuff.

Wow Cavs are getting obliterated by Sacremento, currently down 40 points. Isaiah Thomas having another big night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

buyer95 wrote: »
    Wow Cavs are getting obliterated by Sacremento, currently down 40 points. Isaiah Thomas having another big night.

Deng must be wondering what he let himself in for.
    Kyrie was shocking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

The game I'm watching tonight, I'm forbidden to talk about on this forum.

Ah well. I'll keep an eye on Suns vs Knicks. Never really like the Suns. Maybe Goran Dragic will become my new enemy ;)

Shame. I actually like Goran Dragic

The game I'm watching tonight, I'm forbidden to talk about on this forum.

No you're not.

No you're not.
    You're not forbidden to talk about the Wizards, your just not allowed to post about your happiness at their loss. You're more then welcome to discuss both teams and the end result, just not how happy you are about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

So Kings finally starting to play to their talent level. When we play defense, which is a rarity, we're a tough match-up for any team. Gay was great once again for us.

Very tough road trip coming up which could suck the life out of us and kill the momentum. Game against the Pacers tomorrow night which could be brutal - I'd imagine I'll have to bite my tongue when a certain poster here is narrating the game, completely objectively of course. :pac:

Cousins has been killing it but Hibbert is his toughest match-up. The only type of defender Cousins struggles with is big, long guys. Hibbert is the best defensive center in the league, Cuz needs to have his mid-range jumper falling to drag Roy out of the paint. If he gets that going he can use his superior foot-speed, agility and ball-handling to hopefully get him into foul trouble. That said I'm not too optimistic about this game.

Gay has had some big games against George in the past so it's imperative that he has a good night. He's almost due a bad game at this stage however and PG is a very good defender. Meh, I'll have low expectations and everything else is a bonus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

I agree The Kings have under performed. You look at that team, They are very young team. You have Cousins, Williams, Mclemore, Thomas. All between 20 - 24 years old, All with great potential to grow and improve in the coming years. I think they really could be a force in the West if they stay together as a unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

buyer95 wrote: »

Just an awful night for us last night. Kyrie went missing and shot 3-14, Deng came away with 12 points and we only scored around 30 in the 2nd half. All the credit to the Kings though, they took us apart and just obliterated us. 3 more games (Lakers, Portland and Denver) on our tour of the West left

Mirza Teletovic needles LeBron on his twitter and changed his background to a large image of the incident showing himself just smiling while LeBron was being held back :cool:
    https://twitter.com/Teletovic33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Mirza Teletovic needles LeBron on his twitter and changed his background to a large image of the incident showing himself just smiling while LeBron was being held back :cool:
    https://twitter.com/Teletovic33

Reminds me of Lance Stephenson's choke sign.
    And we all know how that turned out. :pac:

Here's hoping the Nets make the playoffs and have to face Miami.
    He'll have to change his twitter bg again after that.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'm with Teletovic, Lebron's a whiny bitch, was just a standard foul and he totally overreacted to try and influence the refs. Here's the incident:

The stupid refs bought it. The original call was an offensive foul by Lebron on Kirilenko, and they changed it to a flagrant on Teletovic. And why didn't Lebron get t-ed up for his reaction? Designed just to influence the refs and incite things.

He learned that **** from Wade, but it's embarrassing stuff from a 250lb guy and the league MVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I like the way LeBron just hesitated long enough so Beasley could grab hold of him. Classic "enforcer" move there. Must have been getting tips off KG before the game. Another "hold me back" merchant.

Also, why is DRD not allowed gloat about Wizards loses. It seems bizarre that this would be put in place. There are teams in all sports that I love to hate ( Dublin, Liverpool, Celtics) and getting a bit of a rise out of their fans after a lose is just a bit of banter. I know it can knock the thread off topic a bit (as I'm doing now) but this forum has a very low poster count and it gets back to the basketball fairly quickly.

JOHN WALL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lance Stephenson

Felexicon wrote: »
    I like the way LeBron just hesitated long enough so Beasley could grab hold of him. Classic "enforcer" move there. Must have been getting tips off KG before the game. Another "hold me back" merchant.

Also, why is DRD not allowed gloat about Wizards loses. It seems bizarre that this would be put in place. There are teams in all sports that I love to hate ( Dublin, Liverpool, Celtics) and getting a bit of a rise out of their fans after a lose is just a bit of banter. I know it can knock the thread off topic a bit (as I'm doing now) but this forum has a very low poster count and it gets back to the basketball fairly quickly.

whaaaaaaaaaat grrrrr..........something something something john wall

Felexicon wrote: »

whaaaaaaaaaat grrrrr..........something something something john wall

• Advertisement

Listen it's gotten out of hand very easily. It's not fair to compare teams like Dublin and Liverpool. They don't play every second night like the NBA teams do. As you mentioned we have a low poster count, thus an argument over like that which has been going on (and for quite some time) is going to completely derail the one thread we have for the season.

In my opinion it went beyond "banter" when I started receiving reported posts every time DRD posted about the Wiz and then when posters were ganging up.

If you have an issue with modding then pm me. I won't be responding to any more comments about moderation inside the thread.

Advertisement