Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just tuning in now. Knicks still playing well. Melo with a double double in the 1H.

Dragic bringing the Suns back into it.

padraig_f wrote: »
    I'm with Teletovic, Lebron's a whiny bitch, was just a standard foul and he totally overreacted to try and influence the refs. Here's the incident:

The stupid refs bought it. The original call was an offensive foul by Lebron on Kirilenko, and they changed it to a flagrant on Teletovic. And why didn't Lebron get t-ed up for his reaction? Designed just to influence the refs and incite things.

He learned that **** from Wade, but it's embarrassing stuff from a 250lb guy and the league MVP.

That was funny watching it at the time. Like LeBron was going to do anything about it. He always waits for a teammate to get between him and the opposing players, always :D

Teletovic truly would own him in a fight.

Knicks imploding in the fourth..

Big time 3 from err, Felton. Knicks up 2 with 53 seconds left, Phoenix ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

In bed but wide awake. Any game worth getting out of bed for?

In bed but wide awake. Any game worth getting out of bed for?

Knicks game might be going into overtime in the next minute.

Spurs in a close game late in the fourth of their game.

• Advertisement

Overtime in NYC.

Knicks win by 2.. and don't cover :(

6-1 in last 7 games.

Good win for the Wizards, Rockets (Celtics didn't implode in the 2H for once :eek:) and Raptors tonight too.

Ta Nuri,

I got out of bed but and watched those games but was in too much of a trance to simultaneously post.

Lots of nice plays in the Spurs game, esp. Parker's layup in major traffic near the end. For a guy his size it's truly remarkable what he can do in traffic and against the bigs in the paint.

You must have been thrilled to see JR being given the chance to win the game in regulation? :)

Good piece on tanking, the year that's in it and all:

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/13/5294794/nba-tanking-luck-skill-hook

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Not the biggest Knicks fan, but they are a team I want to see in the mix, come playoff time. Great win for them last night, After a terrible start to the season they are moving up the standing and fitness permitting, I think they could finish pretty high in the Eastern standings.

Also in the Pacers championship run. We want NY to be one of the teams we knock off on our way to the championship:P

• Advertisement

Next up for The Pacers. The Sacramento Kings. Potentially a tough contest on the cards here, Kings are on a good run of form lately. But they come to Indiana against a Pacers team who have had 3 nights of rest and King are on the 3rd game in 6 nights of an eastern road trip. I'd be fairly confident of a home victory here but we can't take the opposition for granted. The are an improving young team in who will put up a good fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Next up for The Pacers. The Sacramento Kings. Potentially a tough contest on the cards here, Kings are on a good run of form lately. But they come to Indiana against a Pacers team who have had 3 nights of rest and King are on the 3rd game in 6 nights of an eastern road trip. I'd be fairly confident of a home victory here but we can't take the opposition for granted. The are an improving young team in who will put up a good fight.

They're just after a 5 game homestand:confused:

Ta Nuri,

I got out of bed but and watched those games but was in too much of a trance to simultaneously post.

Lots of nice plays in the Spurs game, esp. Parker's layup in major traffic near the end. For a guy his size it's truly remarkable what he can do in traffic and against the bigs in the paint.

You must have been thrilled to see JR being given the chance to win the game in regulation? :)

Do I detect some sacarsm :D

Tbh, no. Was going to be a Melo iso-brick shot or JR, and I'd rather take my chances with the moron given he's made some clutch shots over the past year while Melo hasn't. In saying that, I thought Phoenix was foul at the death and Knicks would have got free throws for my bet to cash, but alas, **** happens. Just to make it back tonight, heh! :)
    They're just after a 5 game homestand:confused:

Was going to say something, but just couldn't be arsed :p

Actually a very intriguing card tonight, all the games hold something of interest (betting aside even!). Should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Yeah, for some reason I'm looking forward to the matchup with the Pacers. Don't know why as my head is telling me we'll come out flat and it could get ugly. But it's a big test for Boogie so I'm curious to see how he'll do against Hibbert. I just hope Cuz doesn't get in early foul trouble as he sometimes does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cavs/Lakers is gonna be 1 ugly game to watch, 2 sides struggling to get a W but hopefully we have enough to get it

Cavs/Lakers is gonna be 1 ugly game to watch, 2 sides struggling to get a W but hopefully we have enough to get it

I'll be rooting for the Cavs. Lakers are probably the only team I actively dislike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

moneyman wrote: »
    I'll be rooting for the Cavs. Lakers are probably the only team I actively dislike.

DRD, is that you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

DRD, is that you?

Why are you bringing up this issue again?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Marc Gasol back in the starters for the Grizz tonight

• Advertisement

Bobcats commentators are drinking I think.

edit - also JR might be benched for the entire game it looks like..

stuba wrote: »
    Marc Gasol back in the starters for the Grizz tonight

Might take a few games for him to find his form and Grizz as a whole getting used to him again in the rotation, but it's good seeing him back as he's a joy to watch for the most part with his passing skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Cousins is a beast - great to watch.

Hardway looks absolutely knackered and yet.. no Smith. Something must have went down since the game last night. Knicks win streak is about to end in Charlotte.

Boogie came to play it seems - 31 and 13 away against one of the Top 3 teams in the league in less than 31 minutes of game time. Nice. You'd LOVE it in Boston Boogie………….:rolleyes:

Courtney Lee seemingly is having a career night for the Grizz.

Boogie came to play it seems - 31 and 13 away against one of the Top 3 teams in the league in less than 31 minutes of game time. Nice. You'd LOVE it in Boston Boogie………….:rolleyes:

He's doing it against pretty much everyone. Keep your filthy Boston hands off of him :mad: :p

Needs to be an All-Star. It's all we have as Kings fans, don't take it away from us!!

moneyman wrote: »
    He's doing it against pretty much everyone. Keep your filthy Boston hands off of him :mad: :p

Needs to be an All-Star. It's all we have as Kings fans, don't take it away from us!!

Yeah, check my posts, I've bigged him up all year (and last year too even before when it was rumored he was might be going to Beantown). On ability and performances deserves to be an All Star, but I fear he will be snubbed.

[Scott Brooks rant]

Rectified his mistake of taking Collison out, who was doing an excellent job on Z-Bo, but it might be too little, too late. Gasol (so much for rust it seems!) knocking down some big shots now late in the 4th.

Grizz win.

I keep saying it, but Brooks is straight up garbage. He should be coaching a lottery team or something slightly above that. Russ is the one who makes this OKC team click I've realised for awhile now. Reggie Jackson is a terrific bench option to call upon, but him starting with Fisher as backup is just awful. Less said on Brooks obsessiveness over Perkins, the better.

• Advertisement

A little more respect for Mr Cousins after tonight. Any Center who comes up against our defense and comes away with 31 and 13 is definitely doing something right. But I gotta give it up for my man Paul George. What a player, What a performance. Leading his team like the superstar he is. D West and Lance played well also.

Nice to see Frank Vogel named coach of the Eastern Conference All-Star team. Good luck Frank

Advertisement