Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cavs - Lakers is a sobering experience.

Kyrie's been very quiet. Had expected him to go off, still plenty of time I suppose. His defence is still beyond laughable though.

Lakers put up 40 points in the 2Q :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Cavs - Lakers is a sobering experience.

Kyrie's been very quiet. Had expected him to go off, still plenty of time I suppose. His defence is still beyond laughable though.

Lakers put up 40 points in the 2Q :pac:

Can't sleep. Ready to watch some Swaggy P :D

Bizarre from the D'Antoni. Switched defense from preventing the 3 ball to guarding the paint, low and behold Deng starts hitting some 3's. Kyrie out with his fourth foul now.

Quarter to go. Very close. Who wants it more?
    Cavs Pulling away now with a 12 - 0 run. They open an 8 point lead midway through the 4th

Can't sleep. Ready to watch some Swaggy P :D
    Good game for Young

• Advertisement

Well, that was comically depressing game to watch. Pathetic Cavs beat the woeful Lakers by 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Well, that was comically depressing game to watch. Pathetic Cavs beat the woeful Lakers by 2.

Could see us getting a win but knew the game would be a depresser to watch.

Tonight MIA vs WAS

Torn on who to route for in this one. But my desire for The Pacers to get the No.1 seed in the East (above Miami) far outweighs my dislike for The Wizards. So by proxy (ironically) I'm a Wizards for tonight.

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Could see us getting a win but knew the game would be a depresser to watch.

First thing ye need to do is get rid of Brown ASAP, another spoofer of a coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

moneyman wrote: »
    He's doing it against pretty much everyone. Keep your filthy Boston hands off of him :mad: :p

Needs to be an All-Star. It's all we have as Kings fans, don't take it away from us!!

It would be a huge injustice if he didn't get in. He's been arguably the best big man in the league this season, basically a 24 points and 12 rebounds guy all year. That being said he wouldn't be the first player that should have made the team not to, Steph Curry didn't get in last year.

Trade news..

Warriors: Jordan Crawford, MarShon Brooks
    Celtics: Philly's protected 1st, Joel Anthony
    Heat: Toney Douglas
    Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
    From Miami, Boston will also receive Philadelphia's projected future first-round pick and a future second round pick, league source tells Y

Heat clear cap space (Anthony's $3.8M player option) for the summer of 2014. Interesting.

Trade news..

Warriors: Jordan Crawford, MarShon Brooks
    Celtics: Philly's protected 1st, Joel Anthony
    Heat: Toney Douglas

Heat clear cap space (Anthony's $3.8M player option) for the summer of 2014. Interesting.

Warriors are winning in this deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Warriors are winning in this deal

In the short term yes, should allow Curry and Thompson some extra breaks. Suits Bostons rebuilding plan as well if they can turn that first rounder into something useful. Rumors doing the rounds today that Rondo will be traded once he's fit, was sent to d-league today.

In the short term yes, should allow Curry and Thompson some extra breaks. Suits Bostons rebuilding plan as well if they can turn that first rounder into something useful. Rumors doing the rounds today that Rondo will be traded once he's fit, was sent to d-league today.

there has been rumors about rondo non stop for years he's trade value has never been lower and they probably would have kept crawford if they wanted to trade rondo.

cs have picked up a lot of 1st rounders but i dont know if any of them will be lottery

brooks has talent but hes not been playing for his last 2 teams now theres a reason

there has been rumors about rondo non stop for years he's trade value has never been lower and they probably would have kept crawford if they wanted to trade rondo.

Well, he's been recalled from dleague straight away, wonder how soon he''ll see some gametime.

Boston take a long odds gamble on the picks. could be worth something, Probably worth nothing. In return they give up a tangible asset in Crawford who has averaged 14 points and 6 assists in his last 10 games. I do believe Rondo will be traded, Boston are clearly playing sorry for Jabari so they don't need Rondo coming back and fcking up there Draft pick.

Hopefully this trade happens, But Unlikely

Rondo > Indiana

Danny Granger(expiring) + George Hill + Draft Picks > Boston

Boston take a long odds gamble on the picks. could be worth something, Probably worth nothing. In return they give up a tangible asset in Crawford who has averaged 14 points and 6 assists in his last 10 games. I do believe Rondo will be traded, Boston are clearly playing sorry for Jabari so they don't need Rondo coming back and fcking up there Draft pick.

Rondo > Indiana

Rondo is not going to Indy, of that I'm 99% certain. As I've said before on here if Rondo was to be traded the C's would be looking to get back high draft picks and probably a role player or two, as opposed to 2 borderline starters and a low draft pick.

Rondo > Indiana

Doesn't work. Hill & Granger on over 22m between them, Rondo's on just under 12m. Celtics not going into Luxury Tax country.

Doesn't work. Hill & Granger on over 22m between them, Rondo's on just under 12m. Celtics not going into Luxury Tax country.

we can throw in wallace to even it out :D

• Advertisement

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/531445/20131223/boston-celtics-rajon-rondo.htm#.UtbwEvRdWnI

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Pacers 1st rounder isn't going to be a huge sweetner seeing how low it will be falling.

we can throw in wallace to even it out :D

The only way ye are going to get rid of him is to have him shot.

The only way ye are going to get rid of him is to have him shot.

That may have to be aranged

Not sure if this has been posted here, but a trade has happened.

The particulars:

• Golden State gets Jordan Crawford and MarShon Brooks

• Miami gets Toney Douglas

• Boston gets Joel Anthony, a small uptick in popularity in Canada, a second-round pick from Miami, and a heavily protected first-round pick the Sixers traded to the Heat on draft day 2012.

That's a good deal for the Warriors imo. They have been lacking a back-up point guard to hold the fort when Curry is out. Douglas wasn't up to it, and while Crawford has been a shooting guard who takes questionable shots up until in his career, this season Brad Stevens managed to turn him into a serviceable point guard. He has been taking less terrible shots, and has done a good job in running Stevens' offense. He has fallen off a bit over the last few weeks, but this still looks like a good move for the Dubs and should solidify the bench unit. He is certainly an improvement over Bazemore and Douglas.

For Boston, it's a concerted effort from the front office to be worse after the players and the coach were playing just a bit too well for a team in total rebuild mode. I still think Rondo will be moved before the trade deadline.

Post 1903.

Oden isn't a myth after all. Set to play tonight for Miami.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Really hope he can do something positive. I'd like him to manage a few more years in the league. Even if it's just to prove himself and show the knees are fully to blame.

Really? The guy hasn't played in the league for 4 years so for him to get back at all is great for him. I hope he goes ok. It's a process with him, the pipe dream is for him to play himself into position to contribute off the bench in the playoffs, but its a great story that he has made it back at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

What's the cat's name Ade?

Before anyone says anything, Ade's cat's name is more on topic than some of the stuff that's been posted here lately! :D

Advertisement