Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So much for LeBron's threats about what he was going to do against the Wizards then :pac: I know he still put up good numbers but it just doesn't have the same effect when your team gets blown out.

Much more worrying for the Heat is the fact that Ray Allen is 7-41 from the field in the last six games.

All that said, they are in cruise control no matter what they say otherwise and their season doesn't really start until playoff time.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

Paully D wrote: »
    So much for LeBron's threats about what he was going to do against the Wizards then :pac: I know he still put up good numbers but it just doesn't have the same effect when your team gets blown out.

Much more worrying for the Heat is the fact that Ray Allen is 7-41 from the field in the last six games.

All that said, they are in cruise control no matter what they say otherwise and their season doesn't really start until playoff time.

i agree, but id say they would rather have home court in the finals against the pacers in front of their bandwagon loyal supporters...

if it were to go to 7, away to the pacers would be difficult... id say they still have a pretty good shout of making that top spot if they try even a small bit more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

From the Wizards/Heat game
    BeHTcjtCUAA2pRR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BeHTcjtCUAA2pRR.jpg

That pic is so funny to me on so many levels………I have an American-Asian friend (female) who is always b!tching that the first thing guys ask her to do is wear glasses as she says that guys always say to her that - and this is her quote, not mine - "all Asian girls look hot in glasses". I think we have found the exception to the rule! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Cool names!

Ok, so I'm nominating Yoshi as the "Schrödinger's cat*" of the thread; whilst Chilli can serve as the Yang to the thread's occasional tension and restore peace in the greater Indianapolis/Washinton area.

*I'm sensing that "Schrödinger's cat" is being googled a lot right now! ;)

Watching the Big Bang Theory is finally starting to payoff;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    i agree, but id say they would rather have home court in the finals against the pacers in front of their bandwagon loyal supporters...

if it were to go to 7, away to the pacers would be difficult... id say they still have a pretty good shout of making that top spot if they try even a small bit more!

Yeah, good point. Home advantage has been a huge help to them in recent seasons. Celtics, Pacers and Spurs all very close series' that they ultimately got over the line in with home advantage in game 7.

Just watched the Warriors Nuggets game there. When the Dubs aren't hitting the 3 they have to go inside more. Too many times Thompson and Curry were taking contested jumpers off pick and rolls when Bogut/Lee were wide open inside. The Nuggets were the better team for most of the game, even with Faried in foul trouble the whole game, and Hickson having to basically rebound for everyone. The Nuggets are really undermanned in the frontcourt atm with McGee and Randolph and Arthur out injured, but Shaw wasn't afraid to go super small, playing Nate Rob and Lawson together with Foye in the last quarter. The warriors went on a run towards the end were Barnes hit 2 3's and then Steph hit a 3 that got the a 1 point lead, but a bad turnover by Curry and some good offensive execution by Denver got them back infront. Big props to JJ Hickson, he scored a big basket late that sealed it, and also got another offensive rebound that secured the win off a Lawson miss.
    Nate Robinson going off in a quarter is one of the funnest things in the NBA still, he couldn't miss in the 4th last night!

Great night of basketball ahead for any BT Sports subscribers tonight, 3 good games on. Having a game on at 8pm on a weekday is fantastic (Hawks v Nets), Knicks v Pacers on after(this thread could become crazy) and ending the night with Thunder v Rockets. Power napping is essential between the 8pm and 12pm game guys!

buyer95 wrote: »
    Watching the Big Bang Theory is finally starting to payoff;)

That's not a bad explanation actually!

I prefer my own though - I worked on it for all of a nanosecond:
    Schrödinger placed a cat in a box. WHAT DOES THE BOX SAY?

I've had a very long day…....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

The worst thing about this season is that my favourite player is in trade rumours everyweek away from my favourite team :(

astonaidan wrote: »
    The worst thing about this season is that my favourite player is in trade rumours everyweek away from my favourite team :(

Jeremy Lin is your favorite player? :eek:;);););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

BeHTcjtCUAA2pRR.jpg

Posted this on the last page and everyone ignored it :o

Genius idea by the Wiz though.

I like the way they are going to the analysts when there is a timeout instead of going to an add break, I know it's just because the game is in London, but would love if they went to Shaq, Kenny and Chuck to discuss in game situations.

moneyman wrote: »
    Posted this on the last page and everyone ignored it :o

Genius idea by the Wiz though.

Didn't see it mate, link is broken

All Star jerseys revealed, no surprise to say they are sleeved

adidas-NBA-All-Star-Jersey-EAST-WEST.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

:o just awfull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

goggles.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Joe Johnson and Brooklyn Nets having a good evening in London.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BQQ wrote: »
    Bogut embarrassed by JJ Hickson on the glass.

24 rebounds for a 6' 9" guy up against a 7 footer is some going.

Aye, Hickson had a monster night.

In saying that, The Pastor as I'll refer to him as now on taking out Bogut late in the fourth was another reason why the Warriors went on to lose the game. Hickson you can argue given his night would have made the rebound regardless of Bogut's presence, but that uncontested offensive rebound gor him with 24 seconds or so to go ended the contest. Curry's shooting being a bit cold and being turnover happy still, along with Nate being the other reasons.

Oh, and The Pastor being an idiot in regards to David Lee who had iso'ed Nate(!!!!!!) in the low post a few times but opted to throw out for Curry and Iggy to brick three pointers. Awful coaching and decision making.
    BQQ wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^ :rolleyes:

All you can do is laugh when what I said was the general theme of the game from a Wizards perspective :) Wizards were on the ropes in the 2H after their obvious cool down period, and Mr. Wall offered that spark that drove them over the line. Even Beal made reference to it last night post-game :D

I suggest someone here doesn't read Bleacher Report's article today or he'll have a fit.

That is beyond hideous. Whoever buys either is an idiot.

Joe Johnson going off, 6-8 from 3. Nets have this in the bag, Korver in danger of having his 3 point streak come to an end though. Nets looking like a basketball team( Its got to be the tie!)

• Advertisement

Korver's streak is still alive, about the only positive tonight for the Hawks.

108 games, he was pressing though, 0-7 from 3 up to then.

Nick Young suspended for one game for his actions in last night's fracas (still need to see what happened myself, sounds amusing) in Phoenix. He'll miss the game in Boston tomorrow. Suns' Len fined $15K and Morris fined $25K for their role in the incident last night.

edit - Young fined for $15K as well.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Nick Young suspended for one game for his actions in last night's fracas (still need to see what happened myself, sounds amusing) in Phoenix. He'll miss the game in Boston tomorrow. Suns' Len fined $15K and Morris fined $25K for their role in the incident last night.

edit - Young fined for $15K as well.

Swaggy P called out his team mates for not jumping in to help him with the Morris twins, Dragic and Len bearing down on him. Infairness to Young, Ryan Kelly was right there and did nothing, he probably wanted Kelly to come in so Swaggy could yell "Hold me back" while Kelly pulled him back. As it was, Young was a bit like a deer in headlights, very amusing nonetheless!

Easy enough W for the Nets, three ball was falling for them and not for the Hawks. Johnson is straight up ballin' at the moment. I'm sure Pizzaman and anyone else at the game had fun tonight.

BT Sport interviewer just introduced Paul Pierce as Brook Lopez, before interviewing him!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Those all star jerseys are terrible, the worst jersey I've seen in a long time, that game will be ugly to watch!

The suspension on nick young is a bit harsh. He reacted to a hard foul from Alex Len, I'd gather the suspension is to try and end that kind of reaction more then the punishment fitting the crime.

Completely forgot about the uk game being on. Sounds like joe Johnson was awesome. Nobody has a good might quite like him!! It's either a good night or might as well be idle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Jeremy Lin is your favorite player? :eek:;);););)
    Hahah no, Pau Gasol by far, I suppose we could win the draft and are giving our bench a year long trial with great minutes

Reggie Miller on commentary for a Pacer game, ugh.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Reggie Miller on commentary for a Pacer game, ugh.

Expect to here " verticality" 1000 times. Nice start from Melo here, that last shot was crazy. Chandler will probably have to play big minutes for the Knicks to have a chance of winning, hopefully he can keep going. Tonight would be a good night for "superstar" Paul George to step up and lead his team.

Advertisement