Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

It will be interesting to see what happens with the up coming trade deadline. I hope The Pacers don't make any big moves. We need to hold on to Granger. His contribution will be vital down the stretch. And if anything should happen to Stephenson or George we need Danny.

In other News

Clippers sign free agent Hedo Turkoglu, keep Darius Morris on a 2nd 10 day and release Maalik Wayns
    Thunder sign free agent guard Royal Ivey to a 10-day contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Great piece by Grantlands Kirk Goldsberry on Rudy Gay. http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-rudy-gay-principle/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Been up to my eyes for the last few days. A quick summary of my thoughts:
    1. Ugliest AS jerseys ever. In far, possibly ugliest basketball jerseys ever
    2. Swaggy P is DUMB
    3. 73 in 1st, 19 in 2nd is unforgivable at any level, let alone NBA. I'm genuinely stunned an NBA team can score just 19 in a half regardless, but in context of scoring 73 before that is absolutely astonishing.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Big schedule, games worth keeping an eye on are:

1/ Lakers @ Celtics, Rondo's return
    2/ Clippers @ Knicks
    3/ Blazers @ Spurs, Parker is a GTD
    4/ Warriors @ OKC, 2 awesome games in their regular season series so far, albeit with Russ.

Shame a couple of the teams (Knicks and OKC) are on B2B games though.

Watching NY vs LA.

This could possible be the most pathetic Lakers/Celtics rivalry game in this history of the NBA. Never have both teams been so threadbare at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I said it before and Ill say it again, Rockets are a million miles away from being a serious championship contender. Dwight Howard is just not consistently good enough.
    Add to the fact that they suck on D. Howard is the only one worth his salt on that end.

Anyway, the Pacers just reminded the league that even an in form Knicks cannot stop them. It says it all when they take the Knicks' 2nd/3rd scoring option from last season and use him as their own human victory cigar.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Add to the fact that they suck on D. Howard is the only one worth his salt on that end.

Anyway, the Pacers just reminded the league that even an in form Knicks cannot stop them. It says it all when they take the Knicks' 2nd/3rd scoring option from last season and use him as their own human victory cigar.

The Pacers are a far better team than the Knicks, and I'm not arguing that point. However saying that Copeland was the 2nd/3rd option on offense is ridiculous. He played 15 minutes a game and hit some 3's, but Woodson was afraid to play him in the playoffs cause he doesn't defend. Lets not resort to hyperbole just for the sake of it. The Knicks are playing ok atm, won 4 of 6 and are starting off an 8 game home stand tonight where I fancy them to keep it close against the Clippers.

Welcome back Rondo, we missed you.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Big schedule, games worth keeping an eye on are:

1/ Lakers @ Celtics, Rondo's return
    2/ Clippers @ Knicks
    3/ Blazers @ Spurs, Parker is a GTD
    4/ Warriors @ OKC, 2 awesome games in their regular season series so far, albeit with Russ.

Shame a couple of the teams (Knicks and OKC) are on B2B games though.

Forgot to mention the two games in bold are on ESPN/BT Sport tonight for those who don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Forgot to mention the two games in bold are on ESPN/BT Sport tonight for those who don't know.

For those rare few who have the stupid channel :(

• Advertisement

Yeah, delighted I invested in BT Sport subscription, tener a month and I see the 7 top games of the week. Well worth it.

Like last night, Knicks are turning the ball over for fun.

All tied up at the half, 50-50. Blake having a good game so far.

Knicks haven't played well but are sticking around because the Clippers have been quite poor also. Melo having an off shooting night so far but is hustling and has got to the line well. Blake is ballin' too right now. Chandler still doesn't look right, looking very leggy so far.

Superhero John Wall just made one of the most ridiculous circus shots I've ever seen.

834055036.gif

Rondo from the bits n bobs I've seen hasn't missed a beat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

That was amazing to watch but I'm gonna hazard a guess he doesn't practice that an awful lot! Here's a vine of it, couldn't find a gif so soon.

Vine of John Wall

Clippers lead by 9, shooting 37%. Yikes.

Bulls - Wiz going down to the wire if anyone wants to tune in.

Big block from Nene, Wizards with by 3. Wall with a nice double double (23-11).

buyer95 wrote: »
    Clippers lead by 9, shooting 37%. Yikes.

I had to stop watching it was such hideous viewing. Both teams were shooting as low as 32% at one point.

Lakers v Celtics tied at 88

Kelly Olynk having a career night

• Advertisement

Great 4th in Boston

Celtics with a chance to beat the Lakers at the death.

__

Pop picked up 2 technicals during a timeout and is ejected in San Antonio :pac:

834062323.gif?1390013951

Celtics choke at the death, Lakers win.

Unfair to blame Rondo after such a long layoff but you can't deny he would make some of those opportunities down the stretch on his day.

Well don to Ryan Kelly. The Rookie head his coll when the pressure came on.

Lakers Win

Great start in OKC, these teams never disappoint. Curry's found his shot again, but great ball movement from the Thunder should see them ahead after the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Tanking season in Boston but I would still expect them to make a greater effort in games such as this. It's great to see Rondo back in action, and he even got some points, but they were layups, so I don't get why he was trusted to take the important shots at the end from spots in which he doesn't feel comfortable? And that final jumpball.. I think the ref made a mistake, it looked like it should be Celtics ball.

Anyway, it's nice seeing Rondo back after nearly a year. That behind the back fake is such a sexy move! And props to Olynyk too.

Blazers down 1 to the Spurs going into the fourth.

Blazers down 1 to the Spurs going into the fourth.

Anyone's game. I'd go with Spurs from here.

I feel bad for saying it, as KD is always second, and of course there is still a long way to go.. but, LA for MVP up to now anyway.

Blazers up by 4 with 2.54 remaining.

Dagger from Matthews surely.

Blazers win. Great win, great game.

• Advertisement

Yeah looking like Portland alright. Spurs can't close the gap

Advertisement