Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Lead now 9 this one is done

HT in OKC 71 GSW 65

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The line pre-game for the 1H was 104 points. OKC and GSW have put up 136 :pac: Thunder lead by 6.

Shot chart for Curry, Thompson and KD's.. -

BeOz8M9CUAIp6i-.jpg:large

KD on course for 50 points tonight, he's one off his season's average atm :D

BePCNniCEAAdakz.png:large

:D

Goatkins with 12 rebounds, a season high. Elite.

• Advertisement

Durant's sitting on 39 on 13-18 shooting heading to the fourth. Thunder up 10.

Thunder win 127-121

BePQlYGCcAAOQ02.jpg:large

=

834080418.gif?1390022842
    In 11 games since Westbrook went down, KD has scored 34, 33, 37, 24, 48, 21, 48, 30, 33, 37, 36, and 54. Averaging 39.5. #MVP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

buyer95 wrote: »
    Yeah, delighted I invested in BT Sport subscription, tener a month and I see the 7 top games of the week. Well worth it.

Can you do that through UPC or is that a Sky package you have buyer?

• Advertisement

First of all that's a clear Flagrant foul. Probably should have been ejected
    swaggyfoul.gif

Second, Where the hell are Nicks team mates. They should be there helping him. If that happens to George Hill, You'd have the Pacers in there right away to help out their guy.
    swaggyPfight.gif

That was such a tough defensive game between OKC and GSW. :roll eyes:

Whilst it's great fun to watch, that's silly basketball on many levels and not "Play Off" basketball.

Durant is gunning at the mo - to be fair, with RW injured he doesn't have much support or other options but I'd like to see him work on other elements of his game and become more rounded as a player. And before the hate comes in if "y'all" check my previous posts on KD I'm a huge fan - particularly as a shooter and I've oft. mentioned his 50/40/90 stat line from last year.

First of all that's a clear Flagrant foul. Probably should have been ejected

Second, Where the hell are Nicks team mates. They should be there helping him. If that happens to George Hill, You'd have the Pacers in there right away to help out their guy.

Flagrant? Yes. Ejection? No. It's a hard foul but nothing more. It's one of those that looks a lot worse than it actually is because of how Swaggy P lands. But if he was hurt, he wouldn't get up like he did and start join' off.

You want to see a DQ foul on a similar play? This:

That play was genuinely one of the most disgusting fouls I've ever seen in the Pros. Beasley was very lucky he didn't break his arm landing there - look at the replays of the landing, it's miraculous he didn't. I posted on this when it happened a few years ago and that play has stuck with me since. He followed it up with another punk ass mo of move on all 4'6" of JJ Barea in the playoffs that year too:

Both of those plays are the actions of a coward.

The question as to why none of his team-mates came to help is very interesting. I can't imagine the Lakers is the most fun team to be on at the moment, but think this is more a reflection of how his team-mates feel about him. If a guy is liked, everyone comes running. If he's not particularly liked by his teammates, you get something like what happened here. I've played with guys like that, you tolerate them at best.

I'm convinced he's related to AndersonIsGod. Convinced.

That was such a tough defensive game between OKC and GSW. :roll eyes:

Whilst it's great fun to watch, that's silly basketball on many levels and not "Play Off" basketball.

Durant is gunning at the mo - to be fair, with RW injured he doesn't have much support or other options but I'd like to see him work on other elements of his game and become more rounded as a player. And before the hate comes in if "y'all" check my previous posts on KD I'm a huge fan - particularly as a shooter and I've oft. mentioned his 50/40/90 stat line from last year.

Being a tad harsh, mate. I'd take the Thunder vs. Warriors over most games we've seen on national TV this regular season, ie: more often than not they've been blowout wins.

OKC were coming off the road on a B2B after demonstrating Playoff defense by suffocating the Rockets in the 2H, they were always going to come in weary and defense was going to go out the window somewhat.

Klay and Curry after some time finally in the same game too found their aim from beyond the arc, but in general as well.

As for KD, well his all round game has been excellent and he's been trying to get teammates involved that bit more since Russ went down, but there's only so many times he can see his teammates brick shots. Rather see him takeover games more, and he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DeclansKidney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Can you do that through UPC or is that a Sky package you have buyer?

I have it for sky, but it may be available on UPC for that price too. BT was available for a euro last month and I rang to cancel but was offered it for half price(usually 20 euro) so I decided to keep it. Great value IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

@WojYahooNBA

"Chicago is finalizing deal to send Marquis Teague to the Brooklyn Nets for forward Toko Shengelia, league sources tell Yahoo Sports."

Toko who?

@ajbulls: "[Shengelia] is best known for being the player Nets coach Jason Kidd asked to bump into him during drink-spilling incident earlier this year"

padraig_f wrote: »
    @ajbulls: "[Shengelia] is best known for being the player Nets coach Jason Kidd asked to bump into him during drink-spilling incident earlier this year"

That was Tyshawn Taylor I think.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Being a tad harsh, mate. I'd take the Thunder vs. Warriors over most games we've seen on national TV this regular season, ie: more often than not they've been blowout wins.

OKC were coming off the road on a B2B after demonstrating Playoff defense by suffocating the Rockets in the 2H, they were always going to come in weary and defense was going to go out the window somewhat.

Klay and Curry after some time finally in the same game too found their aim from beyond the arc, but in general as well.

As for KD, well his all round game has been excellent and he's been trying to get teammates involved that bit more since Russ went down, but there's only so many times he can see his teammates brick shots. Rather see him takeover games more, and he is.

Not saying he's bad Nuri! He's one of my favourite players to watch and his skill set for a guy 6'11" is unreal, particularly his shooting technique and his handles. And I totally appreciate he's got a crap supporting cast but I'd rather see him develop other parts of his game rather than go down the line of being seen as a pure scorer. I made the case for him being MVP this year in my predictions (assuming voter fatigue for LBJ). I just don't see OKC winning it all in their current guise for a few reasons - coaching, lack of support cast for KD and RW…..not to mention your have player ;)

As of the game itself, yeah it was great fun to watch but had that All Star Game relaxedness about it. It was one of those games where guys were taking A LOT od the kind of shots that are great of they go in but you'd get benched if they miss.

I just LOVE watching Steph Curry play - how he creates space to shoot in the tightest of space is incredible - but there was just something about the game last night that made me go….meh….and wish for the play offs.

In a play off series between these two though, I can only see one winner - Golden State (assuming all are healthy of course).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

padraig_f wrote: »
    @WojYahooNBA

"Chicago is finalizing deal to send Marquis Teague to the Brooklyn Nets for forward Toko Shengelia, league sources tell Yahoo Sports."

Toko who?

Just taking him because he's out of contract in the offseason and we'll save $1.2m that we'd have had to give Teague. More money to give Mirotic to get him over to America.

Paully D wrote: »
    Just taking him because he's out of contract in the offseason and we'll save $1.2m that we'd have had to give Teague. More money to give Mirotic to get him over to America.

I believe there is a stat out there that says Marquis Teague is the 2nd most inefficient player in the league. His PER is an abysmal 3.8, having said that he still has potential. He is only 20, and is extremely athletic, he has a 40.5 inch vertical leap and I remember him being compared favourably with Steve Francis when the Bull drafted him 2 seasons ago.

Since the NBA instituted the shot clock in the 1954-55 season, there are only seven players who have shot at least as many shots in a season and had a lower field-goal percentage than Teague’s 24.6, per Basketball-Reference.

All this is confusing to me. If the Bulls simply started Teague at the point the rest of the season they would immediately give the Bulls a shot at a top 5 pick.:pac:That isn't how Thibs rolls though.

As a Bulls fan Pauly, how do you feel about Noah's comments which suggested that any Bulls fan who wants the team to tank for a high draft pick is 'not a true fan'? I guess he had to say that, and obviously you would expect the players to give everything they have, what benefit is losing to them? But I think that it is more than fair that a Bulls fan would rather that their team bottomed out, drafted a Randle/Parker/Smart/Embiid/Wiggins/Gordon etc instead of went all out to get the 7th/8th spot and then promptly be bounced out of the playoffs by Indiana or Miami.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Pacers up by 14 on the Clippers with 10 mins left in the 2nd.

I do understand fans and players not liking it, but it's all about the bigger picture and the future of a franchise. Noah is a very all or nothing type of guy in both his style of play and off the court from what I gather. He simple cannot comprehend the bigger picture. Is it really worth the Bulls scrapping for 5-8th only to meet the Pacers or Heat and get bounced out in the first round? No. Ball clubs for the most part have a window to win things.

Bulls potentially drafting a Parker, getting Rose back healthy and playing anywhere near what he showed at his best, Noah, Butler, etc, well their window is bigger than most franchises since most of the pieces are there at least in terms of the starters.

Can't believe books only offered Pacers -5 1H and -8 full game. Hilarious.

George having a very good game. Clippers not too much. West looked to elbow Griffin in the head I think at the end of the half.. and is ejected. Stupid move.

Not saying he's bad Nuri! He's one of my favourite players to watch and his skill set for a guy 6'11" is unreal, particularly his shooting technique and his handles. And I totally appreciate he's got a crap supporting cast but I'd rather see him develop other parts of his game rather than go down the line of being seen as a pure scorer. I made the case for him being MVP this year in my predictions (assuming voter fatigue for LBJ). I just don't see OKC winning it all in their current guise for a few reasons - coaching, lack of support cast for KD and RW…..not to mention your have player ;)

As of the game itself, yeah it was great fun to watch but had that All Star Game relaxedness about it. It was one of those games where guys were taking A LOT od the kind of shots that are great of they go in but you'd get benched if they miss.

I just LOVE watching Steph Curry play - how he creates space to shoot in the tightest of space is incredible - but there was just something about the game last night that made me go….meh….and wish for the play offs.

In a play off series between these two though, I can only see one winner - Golden State (assuming all are healthy of course).

I get what you mean on KD and Curry, I certainly agree with the latter point made.. at times.

Disagree on OKC vs Warriors in the playoffs. I think you might have gathered at this stage that I don't really rate either coach (:pac:) , but OKC can do something the Warriors and that's bring the lockdown playoff defense needed to give yourself a real chance of winning it all, let alone against each other in a series. Hopefully they meet up and we can see who's right :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Can't believe books only offered Pacers -5 1H and -8 full game. Hilarious.

George having a very good game. Clippers not to much. West looked to elbow Griffin at the head I think at the end of the half..

West ejected.

834237013.gif?1390094330

Hilarious and brilliant how Blake is invariably the target of rough play from the other teams enforcer.

• Advertisement

I think people underestimate the tanking route and how bad you have to get to do it. The Bulls, with good players like Noah, Boozer, Butler and a good coach like Thibs were never going to get that bad to get a top 5 pick, even with Teague running the point.

So you increase a few draft places from say 18th to 10th, and I don't think it's worth damaging your team to do that. The Bulls got DJ Augustin to replace Teague, and he's the best backup PG we've had on the team in a few years, if they can re-sign him next year, he'll be a big asset.

The Bulls don't need to tank...they've a good core, they probably have Mirotic coming over this off-season, they have the Charlotte pick, their own pick, the Kings' pick they got for Deng probably a year or two later. Besides, when you want to contend, you don't want too many inexperienced players.

Similarly with the Celtics, people saying they should trade Rondo to tank further. I don't agree, half the season left, what, you're going to move up enough to get a better player than Rondo?

I don't follow college baskeball closely, but from what I've heard, despite the early hype, there isn't a Lebron or a Durant in this draft. It's deep, but there isn't a transcendent player.

Just think in general people think tanking your way to success is an easier route than it is.

Advertisement