Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Paul Lukas ‏@UniWatch 1m
    Uni Watch Exclusive! NBA Xmas uniforms CONFIRMED: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/99...forms-revealed

BYgbYBqCAAEUtLo.png:large

facepalm.gif

Seriously pathetic attendance it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Oh Dwight....

Howard goes 5-12 from the line in last 4 mins v Lakers and Lakers snatch it by 1. Hack A Dwight works.

The Heat were damn impressive, especially in the second half. Bosh looked good and Wade was turning back the clock throughout. I think Chalmers is reaching Perkins level of hatred for me though. Dirty forearm smash that he'll no doubt get a call from the league this morning for, flop-a-mania runnin' wild (CP3 was embarrassing too) and not bothering at the end to score an open basket so I lost my bet by .5. Seems to always light it up from 3 when I do back against the Heat too. :rolleyes:

Oh Dwight....

Howard goes 5-12 from the line in last 4 mins v Lakers and Lakers snatch it by 1. Hack A Dwight works.

Houston were awful all game, and as time passes, I dislike Harden more and more. Felt like he had more free throws than the entire team put together, mostly for next to nothing too. Refs were giving him everything. Kudos to the Lakers though. Clutch from Blake and done so in Howard's face too which would have been sweet for anyone associated with the Lakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Dwight Howard is one of the most disappointing players in the NBA, panel on TNT hit the nail on the head with him last night, he is better than average, the performances he is producing are just not good enough for his talent. I just don't think he has the hunger or drive like Kobe or LeBron.

Early days but hard to look beyond the Heat again.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The Heat were damn impressive, especially in the second half. Bosh looked good and Wade was turning back the clock throughout. I think Chalmers is reaching Perkins level of hatred for me though. Dirty forearm smash that he'll no doubt get a call from the league this morning for, flop-a-mania runnin' wild (CP3 was embarrassing too) and not bothering at the end to score an open basket so I lost my bet by .5. Seems to always light it up from 3 when I do back against the Heat too. :rolleyes:

Chalmers has been fined $15,000 for his flying forearm smash on Griffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What game are people watching tonight and how is it going? Bulls/Jazz for me. Nothing much happening, Bulls shooting and defending well so far though.
    ]I think Chalmers is reaching Perkins level of hatred for me though.

I'm with you on hating Chalmers. His face just makes my blood boil for some reason :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Watching the thunder and pistons, thunder playing well and moving the rock and well but detroit dominating the boards

Paully D wrote: »
    What game are people watching tonight and how is it going? Bulls/Jazz for me. Nothing much happening, Bulls shooting and defending well so far though.

I'm with you on hating Chalmers. His face just makes my blood boil for some reason :pac:

4 streams running on the laptop, DVRing the Spurs - Warriors game and Knicks game on the TV. Money to be made!

Agreed, he has such a punchable face, antics aside.

Don't what was said at the player meeting Melo held, but things are looking somewhat okay. Bargs is rebounding and playing very good D (I had to check if I wasn't dreaming believe me), general play in offence has been very good, but efficiency with his shot needs to improve. Knicks in general knocking down shots which is refreshing to see. Of course it's the Bobcats, but still.

• Advertisement

Thank you Batman for the Pacers and their low scoring games.

Extend their win streak to 6-0.

Nets - Wiz in OT now. Wizards win!

Celtics - Magic could be going the same route in a couple of minutes. Butters will be happy, Celtics hold on for the W. B2B wins now.

Anthony Davis with 32 points 12 rebounds, 6 blocks, 3 assists in their win over the Lakers. Kid is a stud.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Thank you Batman for the Pacers and their low scoring games.

Extend their win streak to 6-0.

We scored what we needed to, Comfortable win, Bring on Brooklyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

AD proving a point after Lillard won ROY last year, all star form from the Brow

Just finished the Heat/Clippers game.

Clippers bench lost it for them again.

They haven't a hope of getting the no.1 seed anyway, and will need some massive luck in the playoffs since they'll struggle to score anything with the reserves out.

Dudley aswell seems a poor enough starter, apart from hitting 3 straight against the Rockets his shooting has been woeful. He went 1-9 against the Heat, I'd shot that myself(:D).

Apart from Crawford there's nothing else coming from the bench. Collison doesn't look like a genuine starting PG to me. If they could get a decent trade for anyone on the bench it would probably be him and might be worth considering. Try get in a bigger man and let Crawford and Paul handle the ball.
    Mullens spends his whole time on offence standing on the perimeter shooting 3s which effectively eliminates any chance of getting a rebound or easy bucket.

In fairness to Jordan he's upped his game on last year, he's shooting his free throws better and he's grabbing a lot of offensive boards but with him on the bench the rebounding goes and reserves spend their minutes shooting long 2s and 3s to poor effect.

It's so quiet here! Some exciting games tonight just finished.

Pacers go 7-0, first time I was properly impressed (at times) with Brooklyn.

Celtics @ Heat going down the wire too. Holy crap! Green nails a 3 at the death to win it by 1!!!

Kyrie and Carter Williams with a big final quarter and some big shots respectively, looks set for OT. Nearly went into triple OT before Kyrie won it in the end.

7 - 0. On to the next one, Memphis Monday night,

Monster dunk from Jeff Green in traffic and a 3 from the stands to win it over LeBron in Miami with 0.6 seconds left. :D Celtics have (joint) best record in the league now.........over their last 3 games!!!!!!!!!!! Lol!:rolleyes::D

Allow me to indulge folks, we'll not have many nights like that this year!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

I know Wade should have kept it simple and drain those free throws, I know le Bron is playing injured, but what a great win for Celtics!!! Boom.

They should now be 4-3 and not 3-4

Will they beat Orlando in.the gardens? It seems , irrespective of the venue, head to heads between teams within a week or two are split.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I know it's very early days but, if Paul George keeps up his level of his play he's surely in for MVP spot?

CP3 was a near cert for many to be MVP this month last year. Was nowhere near being up for it come the early season.

Not to say I think George will fall away, but as you said, early doors atm.

Kevin Love is my outside shot/bet of winning it.

Duncan and Splitter are going to have so much fun inside the paint.

I wish I went to the game, would love to watch Spurs play in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Duncan and Splitter are going to have so much fun inside the paint.

I wish I went to the game, would love to watch Spurs play in person.
    Eh, Splitter has 2 points and has played just under 3 minutes!?

Mongo wrote: »
    I know it's very early days but, if Paul George keeps up his level of his play he's surely in for MVP spot?

You got that right. George is a superstar. The Pacers are the best team in the league right now. George is our star but the pacers are a Team. Hibbert, West, Stevenson, Hill, are all important pieces as well. Or bench gives us more depth with Scola, Copeland, Watson, Sloan etc. Soon we will have Granger back and he is a asset that we can either use or trade to boost the roster further in the coming weeks and months.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Eh, Splitter has 2 points and has played just under 3 minutes!?

I posted that basically at the start of the game, thought it was obvious. Didn't know he was going to play as little as he has done.

One way traffic. Spurs cruise to a 31 point win at MSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

LOL

All Wade had to do was hit the rim with the free throw and the Heat pretty much won.

One way traffic. Spurs cruise to a 31 point win at MSG.

Pretty embarrassing defeat alright. I like the Knicks orange uniforms though.......;)

• Advertisement

NBA.com/Stats @nbastats
    Last 2 games for Steven Adams: 23 points, 19 rebounds combined. @okcthunder +28 w/ him on the floor, -5 with him off #OKCvWAS

Perkins :mad:

Advertisement