Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I'm fairly sure the Wizards are one of the, if not the worst 3Q teams in the league. Maybe the Nets overall record or Lakers will pip them on that.

Elsewhere, the Bobcats lead by 7 against the Heat at half time.

Disgusting.

834243701.gif?1390097792

Wall aside, the Wizards really imploded. 8 minutes or so no one besides him on the team has scored a field goal. Pistons should see this out.

Miami still down 1 halfway through the fourth. Miami are just very odd. Shot 5 3's in the last 3-4 mins for no reason really, have missed them all.. and it's overtime in Charlotte after LeBron missed the game winner.

Heat win.

Bulls win!

834253550.gif?1390102207

(I just wanted a reason to post the gif :o)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Missed all the fun tonight. Had to do some catch up. What about that performance from The Superstar. Mr 360 Paul George. Absolutely outstanding. 36 points, 5 of 6 from downtown, Perfection from the FT line. And that dunk to stamp the exclamation mark. Wow. Lance again great performance 22 & 12.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

That dunk from Paul George was just filthy, can't stop watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Disgusting.

834243701.gif?1390097792

50, straight up 50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Dunk of the year.

Doing it when Lob City was in town just adds to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Reminds me of Kobe's 360 in the All Star game

I think 3 of the greatest dunkers of all time would approve. 73358353_crop_650x440.jpg?1330012925

• Advertisement

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Dunk of the year.

Doing it when Lob City was in town just adds to it.

A Lob City team on a road B2B without CP3 and against a well rested Pacers team :p

Light hearted if a factual comment(!),it was an awesome dunk either way before someone here cries!

Kings @ OKC is probably game of the night tonight. Wouldn't surprise me to see the road team push the Thunder all the way, if not winning tonight tbh. Bit of a let down spot for OKC from their end of things, though revenge factor might be on their mind. Should be good either way with Cousins going at it with KD.

Lakers @ Raptors is on a few hours too in the early tip off.

I don't think either are on BT Sport (isn't there always one game with televised on a Sunday?) though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's obviously no secret, but it really is crazy how poor the eastern conference is compared to the western conference these days. Toronto, the 3rd seed in the east, wouldn't even be in the eight seed spot in the west.

Every man and his dog knows that the Heat and Pacers will be meeting in the eastern final. Injuries haven't helped other teams I suppose but it's poor for the game if nothing else.

A Lob City team on a road B2B without CP3 and against a well rested Pacers team :p

Light hearted if a factual comment(!),it was an awesome dunk either way before someone here cries!

I Believe Detroit were on the road last night:P

Kings @ OKC is probably game of the night tonight. Wouldn't surprise me to see the road team push the Thunder all the way, if not winning tonight tbh. Bit of a let down spot for OKC from their end of things, though revenge factor might be on their mind. Should be good either way with Cousins going at it with KD.

I don't think either are on BT Sport (isn't there always one game with televised on a Sunday?) though.

Laker@Raptors is on BT

Reminds me of Kobe's 360 in the All Star game

A bit closer to this one. Vince got a little more elevation. But Paul has played over a 30 min before doing it in game. Kobe's was good but Vince an Paul had the windmill finish

I Believe Detroit were on the road last night:P

Yup, travelling from Detroit (vs Jazz) to Washington on a B2B is the equivalent of travelling from LA to New York and then Indiana on a B2B without their main man against a team with the best home record in the league.

Paully D wrote: »
    It's obviously no secret, but it really is crazy how poor the eastern conference is compared to the western conference these days. Toronto, the 3rd seed in the east, wouldn't even be in the eight seed spot in the west.

Every man and his dog knows that the Heat and Pacers will be meeting in the eastern final. Injuries haven't helped other teams I suppose but it's poor for the game if nothing else.

Tis a joke alright. The past week just further cements how dull the east is in the main in comparison. Can't wait to head back Stateside and focus on watching the west coast games in the main, tis a pain watching them over here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

A bit closer to this one. Vince got a little more elevation. But Paul has played over a 30 min before doing it in game. Kobe's was good but Vince an Paul had the windmill finish

Fact that PG's was in a regular season game makes it even more special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

BT Sport showing Lakers v Raptors at 6.

• Advertisement

Toronto shooting 70% atm, leading the Lakers by 15 with just over 5mins left in the 2nd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Call me old-fashioned - or maybe just old :roll eyes: - but I think that dunk is overhyped. Sure it's an in game dunk but it's open court and uncontested. And the latter part looks very awkward to me.

For my money, I'd rather see dunks in traffic or contested dunks. It's just my opinion, but I can think of an easy 10 in game dunks that are better than that from the likes of Dominique Wilkins and Shawn Kemp. In terms of degree of difficulty, I'd even rate PG's dunk in traffic v the Heat in last year's Conf. Finals way higher then the 360 too. Guess it depends on what you like?

Lakers - Raptors is just, well.. weird. Game of big runs since I've been watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Call me old-fashioned - or maybe just old :roll eyes: - but I think that dunk is overhyped. Sure it's an in game dunk but it's open court and uncontested. And the latter part looks very awkward to me.

For my money, I'd rather see dunks in traffic or contested dunks. It's just my opinion, but I can think of an easy 10 in game dunks that are better than that from the likes of Dominique Wilkins and Shawn Kemp. In terms of degree of difficulty, I'd even rate PG's dunk in traffic v the Heat in last year's Conf. Finals way higher then the 360 too. Guess it depends on what you like?

The Pacers agree with you.

"Yet almost to a man, the Pacers – George included – seemed to prefer the contested throwdown.
    “Hmmm, I’d probably say a dunk over somebody. Because there’s defense,” said West, not surprising given his power game. “When you’re out there by yourself, you’re trying to dunk [for the crowd]. When you dunk on somebody, you know they’re trying to stop you.”
    Said George: “It’s always better to dunk on somebody. Those are momentum-swingers. But I guess putting on a show ignites the crowd and it carries the same value as dunking on somebody.”
    Copeland split the difference, and imagined George’s dunk graphically plotted as if on shot chart, ranking high in a thicket of all those traffic slams.
    “That one right there would top a lot of fierce dunks,” Copeland said. “I personally like fierce dunks. I’d rather see you go over somebody. I think that’s as hard as it gets, to have a body in front of you. Fast-break dunks are not usually as tough as a ‘poster,’ a body, but that one? And I’m not even an open-court guy but that would be on top of my list."

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/01/19/anatomy-and-appreciation-of-paul-georges-dunk-of-year/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

RMDrive wrote: »
    The Pacers agree with you.

"Yet almost to a man, the Pacers – George included – seemed to prefer the contested throwdown.
    “Hmmm, I’d probably say a dunk over somebody. Because there’s defense,” said West, not surprising given his power game. “When you’re out there by yourself, you’re trying to dunk [for the crowd]. When you dunk on somebody, you know they’re trying to stop you.”
    Said George: “It’s always better to dunk on somebody. Those are momentum-swingers. But I guess putting on a show ignites the crowd and it carries the same value as dunking on somebody.”
    Copeland split the difference, and imagined George’s dunk graphically plotted as if on shot chart, ranking high in a thicket of all those traffic slams.
    “That one right there would top a lot of fierce dunks,” Copeland said. “I personally like fierce dunks. I’d rather see you go over somebody. I think that’s as hard as it gets, to have a body in front of you. Fast-break dunks are not usually as tough as a ‘poster,’ a body, but that one? And I’m not even an open-court guy but that would be on top of my list."

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/01/19/anatomy-and-appreciation-of-paul-georges-dunk-of-year/

Good to see I'm still keeping' it real in da hood. Fo sho. ;) Lol.

Lakers Raptors in a close one here.

Lakers win.

george declines an invite to the dunk contest

the nba should work to get the likes of him/blake/lebron competing in the contest with the game itself not being great it would be huge for the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

I know they say basketball is a game of runs but that was crazy. The Lakers kept finding themselves in huge holes before digging themselves out. Swaggy P's offense in the 2nd half is what swung it for L.A. The Duke kid made some big plays too. Nice win for the lakers, they showed real bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ryan Kelly is an animal!

Advertisement