Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

kmart6 wrote: »
    Ryan Kelly is an animal!

He's like the perfect Mike D'Antoni player. Kelly's ability to shoot the rock, handle it and be a small forward or stretch power forward, at times, make him a perfect fit in D'Antoni's system. He just makes good basketball plays, a real 'heady' Krzyzewski player.

Just thinking back on the game, Nick Young was fouled 3 times from the perimeter, one was a long range two, and the others were three point shots. All were real daggers in the hearts for the Raptors, and one in particular looked like a very bad call.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Call me old-fashioned - or maybe just old :roll eyes: - but I think that dunk is overhyped. Sure it's an in game dunk but it's open court and uncontested. And the latter part looks very awkward to me.

For my money, I'd rather see dunks in traffic or contested dunks. It's just my opinion, but I can think of an easy 10 in game dunks that are better than that from the likes of Dominique Wilkins and Shawn Kemp. In terms of degree of difficulty, I'd even rate PG's dunk in traffic v the Heat in last year's Conf. Finals way higher then the 360 too. Guess it depends on what you like?
    Of course it's nice to dunk on someone. But I think the stylish fast break finish is also brilliant. What Paul did last night was something special. Like you said. it depends on what you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Of course it's nice to dunk on someone. But I think the stylish fast break finish is also brilliant. What Paul did last night was something special. Like you said. it depends on what you like.

Even in a fast break/uncontested context, I prefer the creativity and hops of say a Gerald Green or a Blake Griffin open court dunk than the PG dunk though. Honestly, to me that dunk looks a bit awkward. Not debating the athletic ability it takes to even attempt something like that let alone execute, but for me it just falls a little short on the execution.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

KD might score 50 tonight on 20 for 20 shooting :pac: He's got 13 on 5 for 5 shots after a quarter.

Perkins nearly just made a half court shot at the buzzer. Yup. Durant with 17 at the half with just one missed shot. Thomas with 27 in the first half for the Kings! Thunder up 57-52 at half time.

Rudy Gay ejected for B2B technicals.

OKC comfortable winners. Career high 38 points for IT, KD with 30 points (didn't play most of the fourth).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Brooklyn's latest win coupled with Charlotte's loss puts the Nets in the 8th seed in the East right now. Jason Kidd for Coach of the Year! :D

The imbalance in the league right now between Conferences is scary, and worse than I can ever remember. On current records, only Miami and Indy would make the playoffs if they were in the Western Conf. - no other team from the East would get in. When you consider the fact that the Eastern Conf. teams have a much easier schedule too by virtue of the fact that they play each other far more than they play Western Conf. teams, it just amplifies the issue. I know this is a cyclical thing, but right now it makes a mockery of the Conference system.

Even in a fast break/uncontested context, I prefer the creativity and hops of say a Gerald Green or a Blake Griffin open court dunk than the PG dunk though. Honestly, to me that dunk looks a bit awkward. Not debating the athletic ability it takes to even attempt something like that let alone execute, but for me it just falls a little short on the execution.

I see your point. He was on the way down from his jump on the windmill finish and probably would have liked to have been a little higher in the air at the end.
    I think that's why you say it looked awkward, He had to reach for the rim at the end. But you have to take into account that he was deep into the 4th quarter of a difficult game. Fatigue may have been a factor. But again that's a minor imperfection on what was a spectacular dunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Happy MLK Day!

10 games on the schedule, 4 of them are on BT. Nets@Knicks starts at 7.30, Heat@Hawks at 10.30, Trail Blazers@Rockets is at 1 and Pacers@Warriors is the night cap at 3.30

Oh and League Pass is on a free trial until the 26th :)

Happy MLK Day!

10 games on the schedule, 4 of them are on BT. Nets@Knicks starts at 7.30, Heat@Hawks at 10.30, Trail Blazers@Rockets is at 1 and Pacers@Warriors is the night cap at 3.30

Oh and League Pass is on a free trial until the 26th :)

Let the good times roll:D Have to say BT Sport's coverage is brilliant, they give much better coverage than sky did last year.

So who are we fancying tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

So who are we fancying tonight?

There's two games already on ...

Dallas up by 7 against Cleveland, end 1Q.
    Detroit up by 2 vs LAC, end 1Q

Toronto-Charlotte
    Philadelphia-Washington
    Brooklyn-Knicks
    New Orleans -Memphis
    Miami-Atlanta
    Lakers-Bulls
    Portland-Houston
    Pacers-Warriors :p

Ugly game for the Cavs so far, down 73-56 with 5mins left in the third

Just tuning into the NY derby.

No ball movement in Knicks offensive early doors. Way too much dribbling.

Out of games that are at least still in the 1st Q as of right now.

Wins for

BKN
    MEM
    MIA but hopefully not
    CHI
    POR
    IND

Timeout from Woodie, next possession a backcourt violation. Smh

Joe Johnson has been a scoring machine for BK lately

Joe Johnson has been a scoring machine for BK lately

Yeah he's been very good. He's become the no.1 option on offense since Lopez went down and Deron has been injured.

Why is Udrih getting minutes ahead of Toure Murry? Udrih has been very poor of late.

Great Ball movement. Quick scores there from Blatche followed by the 3 from Terry. BK extend the lead.

• Advertisement

Cavs go down 102-97 to the Mavs:(:( Came back from 21 down to get within 2 but some stupid stuff cost us yet again. A 5 second violation call with 2.3 seconds left summed it up

Improvement from Andre Blatche. Definitely stepped up his game

It is just comical how many times the Knicks will switch, double and leave shooters open.

Knicks curb stomped in NYC by Brooklyn.

The two late games can't come soon enough.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    It is just comical how many times the Knicks will switch, double and leave shooters open.

In Woodie's interview with Broussard at the end of the 3rd he said something to th effect that their defensive switching wasn't working and that they were going to defend one on one(not switch). The first play of the 4th quarter one of the nets bigs set a high screen and Deron Williams(I think it was deron) used the screen, prigioni switched on the play without a second thought leaving bargnani in no mans land and giving Brooklyn an open 3 which they converted. What can you say when you see something like that? I mean this was the 1st defensive play of the 4 th quarter after Woodie was meant to have spent the break explaining that they were not going to switch... Don't get me started on the lack of player and ball movement in that game, and really every game this year.

Sleep now. Pacers V Warriors later.

Heat- Hawks is a good game!

Heat- Hawks is a good game!

Much better than Knicks v Nets anyway! Atlanta runs some really nice offensive sets. Glad I didn't follow DRD lead, though could struggle to keep the eyes open for all of Pacers v Warriors tonight.

140+ point half, yikes.

• Advertisement

This is a really fun game, no defense in sight and both teams hittings shots. I have a feeling the Pacers v Dubs later might be a let down game, this could end up being game of the night.
    I don't like to pin everything a team does on its coach, but Mike Woodson's judgement was horrible in this game. Raymond Felton had his worst game of the year and Pablo Prigioni struggled as well in his first game back, but Toure Murry (whose strong play had been a factor when the Knicks were winning games) and Beno Udrih were nowhere to be found. Tim Hardaway Jr didn't play much either. "Sticking to your guns" isn't very wise when your guns aren't working, is it? The Knicks have a lot of very winnable games coming up, but they've obviously yet to reach the point where any game can be considered a "probably win".
    -Tommy New York Memes

Advertisement