Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Big fourth quarter coming in Atlanta. I expect the Heat to really tighten up on defense here. Just spotted there that Kansas are playing on ESPN at 2, pity it's clashing with Portland vs Houston. Likely top 5 picks Embiid and Wiggins will both be on show for the jayhawks. If the Blazers game is a blowout ill be switching over!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Anthony Davies stepping up big time in Memphis. Pelicans should see this out.

Miami down 2 early in the fourth in Atlanta.

"Back to back kabooooms by Lebron from the same spot!" - Heat colour commentator. His voice is hilarious, heat take 3 point lead.

From the bits n bobs that I've seen of the Hawks since, Antic has really stepped up for the most part for Horford since he went down. Miami has no answer for him or Millsap.

5 point game in Atlanta. Bosh is gone stone cold in the 4th, time to step up Lebron.

• Advertisement

Oh dear LeBron.

Barring the craziest 15 seconds ever, that's game. Hawks beat the Heat.

Wtf, BT Sport went to an ad after Lebron got fouled and we missed Korvers three? FFS... And the heat go 2-4 on their road trip. DRD will wake up smiling.

Just watching bits of this Heat game as I did a 5 teamer and the first 2 won.

My god they haven't a hope of 3 peeting based on this display. Both teams have shot 30+ 3s, absolutely boring and luck based basketball.

That long 3 by Cole just under the 2 minute warning was beyond stupid. About 15 seconds on the clock and he decides to chuck up a semi contested long 3. Thats a Jamal Crawford play and the main reason I can't see the Clippers winning it despite my wishes.

Just poor execution Basketball, you can get a 3 at any point, best not to look until the last 8 seconds of the clock.

Won't even check did the Pacers and Rockets win or I'll be sick as it was a 45/1 and while they have tough games I should at least get one up.

Just watching bits of this Heat game as I did a 5 teamer and the first 2 won.

My god they haven't a hope of 3 peeting based on this display. Both teams have shot 30+ 3s, absolutely boring and luck based basketball.

That long 3 by Cole just under the 2 minute warning was beyond stupid. About 15 seconds on the clock and he decides to chuck up a semi contested long 3. Thats a Jamal Crawford play and the main reason I can't see the Clippers winning it despite my wishes.

Just poor execution Basketball, you can get a 3 at any point, best not to look until the last 8 seconds of the clock.

Won't even check did the Pacers and Rockets win or I'll be sick as it was a 45/1 and while they have tough games I should at least get one up.

Hard luck with the accumulater, have a feeling blazers are going to win here anyway.

Let's go Blazers! Should be a good game this.

• Advertisement

No D by Blazers so far, Aldridge missing his shot. Early yet though.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Hard luck with the accumulater, have a feeling blazers are going to win here anyway.

Hopefully.

Actually only watch the Clippers these days as watching anymore than one team is just too much effort.

I used to love backing against the Heat last year, would usually get good odds on their opponents but they'd get the job done.
    Long season for them if Bosh shooting 3s is a good look, its like Griffin hitting mid range jumpers it's not how they established themselves as marquee players and you'll happily give them up.
    Granted they seemed to be missing Wade but unless Lebron takes 80% of their shots on drives they won't score enough.

Realistically they'd probably be 7th or 8th seed in the West with their record in the East and given the lack of quality they'll probably still make the conference finals which gives them a punchers chance.
    Looks like the dynasty is coming to an end though and LBJ would be better off jumping ship in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

My god they haven't a hope of 3 peeting based on this display.
    Looks like the dynasty is coming to an end though and LBJ would be better off jumping ship in the summer.

Jesus!
    It's only January. A bit early to be making such judgments.
    That's like writing off a team's All-Ireland chances based on an indifferent start to the league.
    Teams are only going through the motions at this stage of the season.

It may interest you to know they had an almost identical record this time last year.

Agree with BQQ. Quite frankly, Miami just don't care terribly much. As long as everyone is fit and raring to go for the Playoffs, that's all that matters. Betting on them is rolling a dice a fair bit of the time during the regular season too.

Also, singles FTW :pac:

Rockets are shooting 80% from 3. Yup.

Bed7bO4CYAEGm1D.jpg:large

Also..
    @IanBegley: #Knicks point guard Beno Udrih has requested a trade ESPN New York has learned

:pac:

Handsome Chandler Parsons is balling. Aldridge is relying is on his jumper too much in this game. It's not falling atm, he should try and use his face up game and look to get to the rim more.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Handsome Chandler Parsons is balling. Aldridge is relying is on his jumper too much in this game. It's not falling atm, he should try and use his face up game and look to get to the rim more.

Issue is perimeter D, it's killing them. Bizarre they've not addressed it yet.

Will the Rockets score over 19 points in the 2H is the big question now. They lead by 15 at the half.

BeeALVgCcAAV7XL.jpg:large

Poor Holiday.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Issue is perimeter D, it's killing them. Bizarre they've not addressed it yet.

Double teaming Dwight in the post is a false economy, especially with the way Houstons shooters are hitting the 3. Most of the Rockets 3s have been wide open. Let Dwight do what he can against Lopez, but with the way the rockets are shooting from outside they should stop doubling and see how that works in the 3rd. As regards Udrih trade request, good riddance. He's been very poor this season, I much prefer Murry as the 3rd point guard.

• Advertisement

Here they come! Highest scoring 3rd quarter team in the league per Reggie Miller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Will the lakers beat the bulls??

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Will the lakers beat the bulls??

Their playing well the last 2 games, but they're very inconsistent so I wouldn't bet on it. That being said, I believe Boston has lost 14 out of last 16 so ya I'd give the nod to L.A. Sidenote: It appears that DRD has fallen victim to the precarious "power nap" and is in full sleep mode right now. Tough break. Haha

What a pass from Noah

Lakers need a 3 for OT.

Nick Young is the master of drawing fouls :pac:

OT.

Haha Swaggy P fouled shooting a 3 again. The lakers play by play crew were just talking about him being fouled shooting 3s in the early game vs toronto yesterday and they reckoned he is the most fouled player in the league shooting 3s. Nerves of steel to sink all 3. Bad, bad foul by Noah, his height made that a really tough shot, he did not need to extend the arm. Loving TNT's live look in.

Game tied, 6 seconds, Bulls ball..

Bulls win!

Pacers win and to score over 98 points would be just dandy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nice one ATL. Appreciate it :D. We now have a opportunity to extend our lead at the top. Steph Curry and The GSW stand in our way. Lets do it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Pacers win and to score over 98 points would be just dandy.

Sure would.

• Advertisement

You had to jinx it Buyer :mad:

Efficient shooting from both teams early doors. Think the bench game will be the key factor here.

edit - such stupid scheduling again from the NBA for tomorrow. Blazers on a B2B in OKC again.

Advertisement