Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Curry lay up over the back board. seen a few of them this season. Good start for the Pacers,

Pacers finish the Q on a 10 - 0 run. GSW miss their last 9 shots of the Q

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I stopped watching for near 5 minutes, GSW go scoreless in that time. Good stuff.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I stopped watching for near 5 minutes, GSW go scoreless in that time. Good stuff.

Up 16 now. Came out of that last time out with an 8-0 run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Jesus ducking Christ, sometimes I wonder does Mark Jackson have any game plan at times, Warriors might make one pass then shoot, really complex basketball...
    Horrendous to watch a jump shooting team struggle, pump it into Lee and Bogut for Christ sake when you aren't making shots.

• Advertisement

Wow. Shameless product placement there by NBA TV.

Curry dunking and missing threes...

53 - 40 at the half.

Jesus ducking Christ, sometimes I wonder does Mark Jackson have any game plan at times, Warriors might make one pass then shoot, really complex basketball...
    Horrendous to watch a jump shooting team struggle, pump it into Lee and Bogut for Christ sake when you aren't making shots.

While it's good for me tonight, it generally sadden (okay, more angers) me seeing such coaching ineptitude.

Chuck: "Nobody ever says Vogel is one of the great young coaches in the league."

Wut.

• Advertisement

20 point lead. George the only player on either team in double figures. 17 pts early in the 3rd

Chuck: "Nobody ever says Vogel is one of the great young coaches in the league."

Wut.

C Webb is a far better analyst than Kenny Smith. They have the best line up tonight.

All Warriors.

Dangerzone here, Have to put a stop to this now.

Love the matchup between West and Lee, West is an excellent player.
    Warriors can't keep on waiting for Curry light It up, when they play fast with intensity they are hard to stop with the crowd behind them.
    The problem is they don't seem to have a plan b.

Rough Q there for the Pacers. We need to come out scoring in the 4th. Keep a 10 pt cushion.

Scola is in Pheonix Mode

Scola is in Pheonix Mode
    He's been poor tonight. Pacers still holding them off.

Warriors are ****ed without Bogut

Warriors are ****ed without Bogut
    Bogut is a huge boost for us. Big 3 from Lance. Not calling it yet. Not with Curry on the floor

• Advertisement

Big 3 from Hill

That should be that

Game over. GSW came back on us in the 2nd half but we showed resolve to weather the storm. Good result on the road for the Pacers.

Pavers just have too many ways to hurt you

Pacers win and to score over 98 points would be just dandy.

(That should say Over 97.5 Points ^)

Zing.

Good game that.

Orlando at Brooklyn
    Boston at Miami
    Sacramento at New Orleans
    Portland at Oklahoma City Game of the night
    Minnesota at Utah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Big statement from the Pacers last night.

Look the most complete team this season.

BQQ wrote: »
    Jesus!
    It's only January. A bit early to be making such judgments.
    That's like writing off a team's All-Ireland chances based on an indifferent start to the league.
    Teams are only going through the motions at this stage of the season.

It may interest you to know they had an almost identical record this time last year.

Well if you can't make a judgement half way through the season when can you?.
    It's hardly early November, the regular season is important and there's a reason why the 1-4 seeds are substantially better than the 5-8.

The GAA season is completely different, the league is a separate competition entirely among other things.

It's also misleading to say they had an identical record.
    While it may be similar as of now, they won't go through the rest of the season with 4 losses and a near record breaking win streak.
    To say teams go through the motions would imply that was a lucky run that a lot of teams could have done.
    You don't see a correlation between the No.1 seed who having won back to back titles also being the team who put together a winning streak of 20+?.

The East was also substantially better last season, as I said if they were in the West they'd probably be as low as 7-8.

They're all struggling apart from Lebron and the team isn't going to get better, it's getting older and their only young player(Cole) is a very average back up PG.
    So I wouldn't be surprised if this factors into him leaving them next season.

Big statement from the Pacers last night.

Look the most complete team this season.

Good result alright. But the comeback from a 20pt lead to just 2pts was a little worrying. There was a period There last night where Lee took over and the splash brothers were draining 3s. Thanks to big 3s from Hill and Lance down the streach. Wé held out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Well, I've my travel and accommodation booked, just have to cross my fingers now for tickets.

I'm doing a week in Gran Canaria (I know!) for on of the Pre-lim Groups; then back home to magical mystical Ireland for the guts 10 days; then off to Madrid for the semis and the final (assuming I get tickets of course!).

It's not often we have the chance to see truly global talent and an international competition this close to us and with so many NBA players involved it's just too tempting.

Will I be the only boards.ie member at the Basketball World Cup in Spain?

Advertisement