Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Well, I've my travel and accommodation booked, just have to cross my fingers now for tickets.

I'm doing a week in Gran Canaria (I know!) for on of the Pre-lim Groups; then back home to magical mystical Ireland for the guts 10 days; then off to Madrid for the semis and the final (assuming I get tickets of course!).

It's not often we have the chance to see truly global talent and an international competition this close to us and with so many NBA players involved it's just too tempting.

Will I be the only boards.ie member at the Basketball World Cup in Spain?

I was looking into this too, might well make the trek, must put out some feelers among my basketball following mates and see what the interest is. Would love to travel.

Just spotted there that Gallinari has undergone a second ACL surgery and is done for the season. Tough blow for him and the Nuggets, Shaw and co. could really use his shooting.

FLOTUS for dunk of the year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

52 - 51 to the Blazers at half time. This could very well be the Western conference final match up. I certainty wouldn't mind 7 games of these two.

Question. Where would you guys rank Ibaka among C/PF?

Boston V Miami Level a 86 well into the 4th

Game over. Rondo can't shoot yet.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

KD.

GOATKINS.

KD, wow, just wow. Playing like the MVP of the league atm.

I'm dying with a chest infection all day, but I'm ****ing buzzing right now. Incredible finish in OKC. Aldridge with 29 points and 16 rebounds. Durant with 46 points. OKC went loco in that final 90 seconds or so.

Perkins and Ibaka were animals in that period too.

BejbXeoCAAEVF2A.jpg:large

The Thunder have regained the lead in the Northwest Division.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

KD has to get MVP this season if things continue as they are (I'm not talking about sustaining this level of scoring). I think Portland will start dropping some games towards the end of the season, they've had one of (if not, the) easiest schedules in the NBA so far.

Kings blowout NO on the road. Gay was great again, tying his career high with 41 on 16/25 shooting to go along with 8 boards and 5 asts. Boogie had 18/11/6/4/3.

• Advertisement

Great game from Rudy Gay tonight too.

edit - beaten to it.

For Tonight

LA Clippers at Charlotte
    Chicago at Cleveland
    Atlanta at Orlando
    Dallas at Toronto
    Boston at Washington
    Philadelphia at New York
    Sacramento at Houston
    Detroit at Milwaukee
    Oklahoma City at San Antonio
    Indiana at Phoenix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

moneyman wrote: »
    KD has to get MVP this season if things continue as they are (I'm not talking about sustaining this level of scoring). I think Portland will start dropping some games towards the end of the season, they've had one of (if not, the) easiest schedules in the NBA so far.

Yeah, I expect Portland to drop off too. Will still make playoffs though.

BTW, who was that guarding KD most of the night?
    Was it self proclaimed all-star Nicolas Batum?

7NgT2C.jpg

For me there are 4 teams who have a chance in the West

OKC - The most likely to win the West, Westbrook's return will give them a boost.

Spurs - I don't think they will sustain their record into the second half or the reg season, I expect some drop off

Blazers - It will be a real test of their consistency. Not sure if they will be able to keep the pace with OKC

Clippers - An outside chance If Paul comes back strong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

For me there are 4 teams who have a chance in the West

OKC - The most likely to win the West, Westbrook's return will give them a boost.

Spurs - I don't think they will sustain their record into the second half or the reg season, I expect some drop off

Blazers - It will be a real test of their consistency. Not sure if they will be able to keep the pace with OKC

Clippers - An outside chance If Paul comes back strong

Spurs and Okc would be my choices if I had to pick, after that it is pretty much a free for all. I am no where near convinced the Flippers would mount a serious challenge, I would probably put the Warriors ahead of them in a playoff setting.

Spurs and Okc would be my choices if I had to pick, after that it is pretty much a free for all. I am no where near convinced the Flippers would mount a serious challenge, I would probably put the Warriors ahead of them in a playoff setting.
    I too believe OKC will contest the western conference final. Against who? I think either The Spurs or The Blazers. But I'll give it to The Spurs, because of their experience of playoff basketball. Where as this Portland team has none.

The Blazers still don't play any real defense, Batum and Aldridge aside and that will effectively cost them down the road. That's most clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Thunder@Spurs and Pacers@Suns both on BT tonight

Some good games on tonight the pick obviously being the BT Sport cover Spurs v OKC. It will be intriguing to see how Pop strategises for KD, this game could well be a sneak peak of the conference finals. Sacremento v Rockets will be one I'll be keeping an eye on too, if only to seeCousins going up against Howard.

Thunder rolling early doors.

• Advertisement

Tony Parker doing his best KD impression so far. This one will be close I reckon.

What is happening in Charlotte? Bobcats up 5 early in 4th vs clippers.

Pop very nearly lost the plot there, probably one extra remark off getting tossed. God bless the person who has to interview him after the 3rd quarter if the spurs are still behind!

Tied game in Charlotte, 30 seconds left, one possession each! Utilizing my free league pass, watching spurs game on tv, and watching clippers on my laptop. Happiness personified.

Overtime in Washington. Wiz chipped away at a big Boston lead. Green has 30+ points and has hit some insane shots, Wall is one assist away from a triple double.

A few injuries around the league with Gay and Cousins going down during their game against the Rockets. Leonard for the Spurs might not return too.

DeRozan with 40 points in the Raptors win vs the Mavericks also. They made a big comeback as well.

BeoY8fPCUAEEiUz.jpg:large

Every game is close it seems tonight. Massive win in a tight won for Bobcats against the Clips, Orlando miss a 3 which would have sent there game vs Atlanta to O.T, and were going to overtime in Washington. Patrick Beverely is morphing into a hitman, first Westbrook and now Cousins.

Horrendous defense from the Wizards out of the timeout at the end there. Nearly turned around a 20 point deficit at half time to win, but come up short. Green was a monster, Sullinger to a lesser extent as well.

Wall gets his triple double.

Great game from the bits n bobs I saw, Celtics win by 2.

834893918.gif?1390444295

• Advertisement

Whoever tips/bets the Sixers to win in NYC straight up is crazy.. crazy as in smart.
    @The_Real_Ade
    Threw €25 on @Sixers ML @ 31/10 as well.
    12:05am · 23 Jan 14 · TweetDeck

Advertisement