Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Why? He's averaged 22 and 6. He's a great PG.

Yeah, a point guard who is basically just a scorer.

A point guard who went 27 points on 26 shots or around that figure twice in the past week. He's done similar throughout this season.

A point guard who plays ZERO defence.

A point guard who admits he's been struggling this season.

Yet you can justify his selection. Them Pepsi or Foot Locker ads are fairly convincing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Yeah, a point guard who is basically just a scorer.

A point guard who went 27 points on 26 shots or around that figure twice in the past week. He's done similar throughout this season.

A point guard who plays ZERO defence.

A point guard who admits he's been struggling this season.

Yet you can justify his selection. Them Pepsi or Foot Locker ads are fairly convincing.

The fans decide. And they got it right. Irving is the best PG available. I'm sure If Rose and Rondo hadn't been injured, They would have probably been selected instead. There are 3 elite Point Guards in the East. 2 of them were injured. Irving was the only one ready to play.

The fans decide. And they got it right. Irving is the best PG available. I'm sure If Rose and Rondo hadn't been injured, They would have probably been selected instead. Their are 3 elite Point Guards in the East. 2 of them were injured. Irving was the only one ready to play.

The fans are ****ing idiots. The fans continued to vote for Kobe despite what he said. The fans continue to vote for Lin year in and year out.

We all know why you say the fans are right though, you're only doing it in a under the radar type way now after what a moderator has already said to you.
    I'm sure you'd rather have Raymond ****ing Felton over a certain a PG, if Kyrie wasn't in the running for whatever reason.

You calling Kyrie elite and putting him in the same bracket as a former champion and former MVP just negates anything you say on the matter.

I wonder if Kobe will play in the all star game? I get he feels he hasn't earned it but on the other hand 1 million people voted for him, want to see him play.

Oden looking good early doors. Nice pace to the game too.

Lakers need to keep this within 10 or so by half time to make the second half entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Oden looking good early doors. Nice pace to the game too.

Lakers need to keep this within 10 or so by half time to make the second half entertaining.

Yeah he's moving well out there, would like to see him play around 10 mins so we could get a better look at him. As to DRD's comment that there are 3 elite point guards in the east and Kyrie is one of them, that honestly makes me wonder are you just trolling. Irving has proven nothing, except that he can be the highest scorer on a lottery team. Stats arnt everything, especially when there as hollow as his are surely you appreciate that? Nick Young is putting up more points than Lance Stephenson, but do you hear any all star talk around him, of course not! Irving as Sahin said is a not very efficient scorer, playing the point. I concede that he is a gifted offensive player, but his defense is attracious. This would be palatable if he was playing on a good team but he isn't. The worst teams in the league score 90 points a game, somebody has to put up points. I'm not saying Irving isn't a good player, or hasn't great potential(he obviously has) he just hasn't put it all together yet. That's why I feel uneasy about him being a starter. Put it this way, if Phoenix or Memphis played in East I would have Dragic and Conley ahead of him.

The fans are ****ing idiots. The fans continued to vote for Kobe despite what he said. The fans continue to vote for Lin year in and year out.

We all know why you say the fans are right though, you're only doing it in a under the radar type way now after what a moderator has already said to you.
    I'm sure you'd rather have Raymond ****ing Felton over a certain a PG, if Kyrie wasn't in the running for whatever reason.

You calling Kyrie elite and putting him in the same bracket as a former champion and former MVP just negates anything you say on the matter.

Curry actually had more votes than Bryant in the end. Over a Million. Credit to the voters. The GSW certainly don't have the fan base or the profile of The Lakers and Bryant have. Kevin Love is a small market player, The T Wolves aren't featuring in many nationally televised games. Neither of them were All Stars last year, Paul George had never been an All Star starter before, He got over a million. So you're theory that NBA fans are totally ignorant and only vote for starter they remember from last year is not accurate.

As for the East PG. There's no Rose. Rondo has been injured. There's only one choice left. Obviously people are going with Kyrie Irving.

Curry actually had more votes than Bryant in the end. Over a Million. Credit to the voters. The GSW certainly don't have the fan base or the profile of The Lakers and Bryant have. Kevin Love is a small market player, The T Wolves aren't featuring in many nationally televised games. Neither of them were All Stars last year, Paul George had never been an All Star starter before, He got over a million. So you're theory that NBA fans are totally ignorant and only vote for starter they remember from last year is not accurate.

As for the East PG. There's no Rose. Rondo has been injured. There's only one choice left. Obviously people are going with Kyrie Irving.

Certifiable, absolutely certifiable.

edit - **** it, I'll answer it properly and then put you back on ignore, because your pettiness and obnoxiousness over a point guard and a team you dislike because some guy made you cry because he had a gun in his locker is pathetic.

The Warriors were shown numerous times on national TV over the past year, yes? Yes.
    The Pacers were shown numerous times on national TV over the past year, yes? Yes.

PEOPLE WATCH THESE TEAMS. Curry and George are always going to get votes.

Kevin Love got the white man vote and because he puts up huge numbers on occasion, unlike Aldridge who while puts up good numbers across the board and consistently so, doesn't put up outstanding numbers. Both Aldridge and Lillard were snubbed in the West, no doubt about that.

As for there's only one choice left.. no one should take your POV seriously. You have your agendas and you stick to the stats sheet when the agenda suits, nothing more or less. I'm glad not all Pacers fans are like you. Most are humble and honest when it comes to discussing your Pacers. Trying to justify the fan voting for the All Star selection, get out of here. The emptiome of a causal fan who tries too hard.

The dinasour is ballin' knocking down everything he is looking at right now.

Chuck basically just told us Swaggy P hit the town in Miami last night, he should know.Barkley was probably partying with him! Heat pulling away a bit here. Chuck just spent a solid 2 minutes talking about food, haha.

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    Yeah he's moving well out there, would like to see him play around 10 mins so we could get a better look at him. As to DRD's comment that there are 3 elite point guards in the east and Kyrie is one of them, that honestly makes me wonder are you just trolling. Irving has proven nothing, except that he can be the highest scorer on a lottery team. Stats arnt everything, especially when there as hollow as his are surely you appreciate that? Nick Young is putting up more points than Lance Stephenson, but do you hear any all star talk around him, of course not! Irving as Sahin said is a not very efficient scorer, playing the point. I concede that he is a gifted offensive player, but his defense is attracious. This would be palatable if he was playing on a good team but he isn't. The worst teams in the league score 90 points a game, somebody has to put up points. I'm not saying Irving isn't a good player, or hasn't great potential(he obviously has) he just hasn't put it all together yet. That's why I feel uneasy about him being a starter. Put it this way, if Phoenix or Memphis played in East I would have Dragic and Conley ahead of him.

Dragic deserves to be recognised this season alright, and if it weren't for his injury, Bledsoe was pushing for a spot too.

Conley would get the fan vote if hell froze over because the likes of DRD only see his numbers, nothing more. An elite defensive PG, arguably the best in the league in that regards.

Dragic deserves to be recognised this season alright, and if it weren't for his injury, Bledsoe was pushing for a spot too.

Conley would get the fan vote if hell froze over because the likes of DRD only see his numbers, nothing more. An elite defensive PG, arguably the best in the league in that regards.
    I can think of another point guard in the east who I would rather start, but would rather not name drop him, his name is discussed here far too much for my liking anyway! Btw I followed you on Lakers +12, fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Chill guys

Chill guys

B-EASY

Bosh is unconscious right now, Heat should just ride him the rest of the way.

Great close up of 'woe is me' a Kobe there. Haha

buyer95 wrote: »
    I can think of another point guard in the east who I would rather start, but would rather not name drop him, his name is discussed here far too much for my liking anyway! Btw I followed you Lakers +12, fingers crossed.

Trust me, I'm tired of talking about Wall for the most part too. The unwillingness and pure stubbornness from results in those responses though. Both Teague and Wall should be ahead of Kyrie this year.

Lakers spread is looking good with the Lakers raining down from three.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Trust me, I'm tired of talking about Wall for the most part too. The unwillingness and pure stubbornness from results in those responses though. Both Teague and Wall should be ahead of Kyrie this year.

We've all heard of the Wolf of Wall Street ya? How successful and dominant a force the wolf is?! Wall should make the court his street, Wall's street and be the wolf of it. The Wolf of Wall Street, BOOM! "I own this court motherfcukers!!!!!"

loveBBhate wrote: »
    We've all heard of the Wolf of Wall Street ya? How successful and dominant a force the wolf is?! Wall should make the court his street, Wall's street and be the wolf of it. The Wolf of Wall Street, BOOM! "I own this court motherfcukers!!!!!"

The perfect antidote to DRD.

These Western conference nightcaps are tough lads. Going to stay up for this, because it has the makings of a very good game though. Wouldn't be surprised to see Aldridge go off tonight against Faried, especially with all star selections being made around now. He'll be there, but I think we could see him and Lilliard really cement there places tonight, on a nationally televised game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Come on guys, arguing over the All Stars... everyone knows they are a bit of a joke. The majority of American sports fans are idiots, and I can say that because I am married to one :pac:
    The system of picking players should be adjusted to offer a more reasonable and fairer system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

I'd add Lowry to that list of PGs ahead of Kyrie this year.

Come on guys, arguing over the All Stars... everyone knows they are a bit of a joke. The majority of American sports fans are idiots, and I can say that because I am married to one :pac:
    The system of picking players should be adjusted to offer a more reasonable and fairer system.

FYP.

It's far more than just All Stars selection, mate.
    BQQ wrote: »
    I'd add Lowry to that list of PGs ahead of Kyrie this year.

Completely forgot about him, but yes. That's three PG's who should be ahead of Kyrie then. They need to film a commercial for Pepsi I think to be recognised by the public.

Monster performance from LMA as he lead the Blazers to a second half comeback win (were 15 down in the 3Q). Shot a career high 44 points and did so playing some very good defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Monster performance from LMA as he lead the Blazers to a second half comeback win (were 15 down in the 3Q). Shot a career high 44 points and did so playing some very good defense.

Argh, since when do the Blazers play defence. :mad:

Had bet on Denver, thought I was home and hosed. :(

Wow Why are you bringing up Wall again? The Mod was pretty clear on this.

Kevin Love got the white man vote.

Oh so now the NBA fans are not just "idiots", They are also racists? right?
    Both Aldridge and Lillard were snubbed in the West, no doubt about that.

Oh Yeah, of course The "racist" NBA fans prefer the light skinned, mixed race Curry and Griffin over the scary black men in Portland. Give it a rest mate. Last time I checked it wasn't 1963.

Or here's another theory. Kevin Love is a fcking superstar. He's there on merrit alone.

How would adjust the selection process? What would be a fairer system?

The Kobe thing this year shouldn't surprise anyone. He has a massive worldwide fanbase, He was always going to get votes. And out of respect for his fans, If he can he should make an effort to start the game. Even if he only plays a few minuets. It's the right thing to do

Otherwise there really wasn't anything wrong with the fans selection. I personally would have liked to see Hibbert get the start. But I understand Anthony has a higher profile and he is a superstar, so fair dues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭ec18

Oh so now the NBA fans are not just "idiots", They are also racists? right?

Oh Yeah, of course The "racist" NBA fans prefer the light skinned, mixed race Curry and Griffin over the scary black men in Portland. Give it a rest mate. Last time I checked it wasn't 1963.

Or here's another theory. Kevin Love is a fcking superstar. He's there on merrit alone.

I think Nuri is just pointing out that for the last number of decades the majority of superstars since bird have been black is all. Not to call fans racist but white fans probably enjoy having someone legitimate to vote for that is white is all.

I agree he is a superstar on his own merit but being white could be a factor in the voting.

I think Wall and lowry should have been in there ahead of kyrie and wade.......they were voted in based on their popularity off the court....similar as Kobe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

How would adjust the selection process? What would be a fairer system?

The Kobe thing this year shouldn't surprise anyone. He has a massive worldwide fanbase, He was always going to get votes. And out of respect for his fans, If he can he should make an effort to start the game. Even if he only plays a few minuets. It's the right thing to do

Otherwise there really wasn't anything wrong with the fans selection. I personally would have liked to see Hibbert get the start. But I understand Anthony has a higher profile and he is a superstar, so fair dues.

I am not going to pretend I know the answers or have the solutions but in my humble opinion, less weight should be given to the fans. I would nearly reverse the selection process and have the coaches select the all star team and fans the reserves. Maybe give the sports journalists a higher weight in selection process but still let the fans have their say.
    I would love for the game to be competitive but that will never happen which is fine, it's just a bit glitz and glamour for the casual fan.

Advertisement