Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

ec18 wrote: »
    I think Nuri is just pointing out that for the last number of decades the majority of superstars since bird have been black is all. Not to call fans racist but white fans probably enjoy having someone legitimate to vote for that is white is all.

I agree he is a superstar on his own merit but being white could be a factor in the voting.

I think Wall and lowry should have been in there ahead of kyrie and wade.......they were voted in based on their popularity off the court....similar as Kobe

I disagree that Wade should have been left out for the likes of Lowry. To say that is a bit of a stretch, is an understatement. The East were short handed in the guard positions due to injury. Wade and Irving are the right choice. There were other option. DeRozan has had a good year. Stephenson has been great but they just don't have the profile of D Wade. Hopefully both of them will get reserve spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

less weight should be given to the fans..

Definitely this. So, in 20 years if you look back at the 2013-2014 season you will see Kobe was voted a starter in the All Star Game, you would think he played great that season. Then you see that he only played 6 games before being voted into the game.

Fans will just vote for their favourite player no matter how bad he played or whether he played at all. It takes away from the true All Stars.

Definitely this. So, in 20 years if you look back at the 2013-2014 season you will see Kobe was voted a starter in the All Star Game, you would think he played great that season. Then you see that he only played 6 games before being voted into the game.

Fans will just vote for their favourite player no matter how bad he played or whether he played at all. It takes away from the true All Stars.
    Not Necessarily. Players have to earn a certain status level to earn that courtesy. Kobe has earned a few All Stars inclusions past his prime. His reputation carries him.

My All star reserves would be

East

Hibbert
    Stepenson
    Johnson
    Derozan
    Bosh
    Wall
    Millsap

West

Aldridge
    Lillard
    Paul
    Harden
    Cousins
    Lee
    Parker

On to tonight's action. Plenty of games.

LA Lakers at Orlando
    Two of the worst teams in the league right now. I'm going to go with Orlando.

Toronto at Philadelphia
    Both teams coming off the back of good away wins. But Toronto

San Antonio at Atlanta
    Candidate for game of the night. I think Atlanta have a great shot.

Oklahoma City at Boston
    The Slim Reaper Show. OKC

Dallas at Brooklyn
    Has to be Brooklyn. Going for their 5th straight win

Milwaukee at Cleveland
    Home win for the Cavs

New Orleans at Detroit
    Really good contest here. Like Detroit but Mr Davis might cause them some problems

Charlotte at New York
    NY could do with a result here. Lost their last 5 game. Need to stop the bleeding.

LA Clippers at Chicago
    Win for the Clippers, Bulls will make them earn it though.

Memphis at Houston
    Rockets to take the Home win

Washington at Phoenix
    Suns at home should take the win

Indiana at Sacramento
    Have to put the slip up against the Suns behind us, No better way than by taking it out on the Kings. Pacers win

Minnesota at Golden State
    The co-main event. All Star vs All Star. Curry vs K Love. Should be a good one. GSW win.

• Advertisement

What will be the best game tonight?

Durant is out for okc!

Durant is out for okc!

Perkins time to shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Melo is smokin' hot right now, nearly outscored the whole Bobcats team with 20 points. When he makes quick decisions with the basketball he is an excetional player, its the 'hard dribble, hard dribble, repeat...' fire up 20 footer with the shot clock winding down Melo when he is infuriating.

On to tonight's action. Plenty of games.

San Antonio at Atlanta
    Candidate for game of the night. I think Atlanta have a great shot.

Down 21 at the half.

• Advertisement

Melo dropped 37 at the half, yeah that just hapenned.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Melo dropped 37 at the half, yeah that just hapenned.

In Brooklyn, Teletovic scored 24 in the 2nd quarter.

Must be something in the New York air tonight.

MSG scoring record is 61, that is reachable. Teletovic should be in the 3 point contets.

"Melo,Melo,Melo" 49 points, 5-5 in 2nd half.

Melo finally taken out after breaking the record and getting 62. Fair play.

He was taken out with 7:20 to go. Bobcats are only playing their bench players now so surely he could have broken Kobe's 81 if he stayed on.

MSG record broke, take a bow and take a seat. In a season of lows, this was fun, boy did I need it as as Knicks fan!

Most points any Knick ever scored too. That's 3 records he broke tonight.

Come on Indiana.

Closing the gap. Lead cut to 6.

Get It! PG Sinks a 3 to make it a one point game. Come on.

• Advertisement

Thornton with 37 points.

Come on. Taking the lead late in the 4th thanks to David West. Close it out Indiana

Wow 18 sec on the clock. 4 points down. PG knocks down the 3 and draws the foul, and one to tie the game.

OT in Sacramento.

Pacers Win.

Paul George taking over at the end. The All Star drops 36 on the night. But it was a team effort Lance put up a Double Double with 24/10, D West with 22.

For the Kings Thomas was on fire with 38 points, Marcus Thornton scored 42 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I think DRD maybe Tyler Durden.....cos I have no idea who he is talking to :D

Big numbers from Steph Curry tonight, 33 points, 15 assists. Wasn't enough to stop
    K Love and the T Wolves though. Minnesota win by 1 point

I think DRD maybe Tyler Durden.....cos I have no idea who he is talking to :D
    Talking to the World my friend. Supporting my team, Enjoying the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Parsons set a new Houston record last night too. 10 treys in a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Talking to the World my friend. Supporting my team, Enjoying the game.

I'm sorry DRD but how can you post that with a straight face? I know you're a Pacers fan, but that call was an absolute joke. Where's the contact? You can argue there's contact before George even gets the ball, but you'd be stretching it. After he gets the ball, Williams doesn't even touch him. Pacers' commentators conveniently ignore that it was a phantom foul. It was a disgusting bail out call for the Pacers which lead to them getting an undeserved win. George was good in OT but you got some awful calls in OT too, and got very lucky a few times.

Once again awful officiating has a direct effect on the outcome. NBA refs have to be some of the worst in professional sports.

835255910.gif?1390628818

That's a foul, is it? Ridiculous, outcome-changing call. Sick of superstar calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BS call, but hardly the worst superstar call I've ever seen.

Dwayne Wade had at least 5 way more blatant and worse than that in the 2006 Finals between Games 3-6.

Biut it sucks ass when you are at the receiving end of a call/no-call like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

BS call, but hardly the worst superstar call I've ever seen.

Dwayne Wade had at least 5 way more blatant and worse than that in the 2006 Finals between Games 3-6.

Biut it sucks ass when you are at the receiving end of a call/no-call like that.

Oh, I agree with you. I mean, it was just a regular season game and doesn't mean anything to us, but it's still annoying. Especially considering it would have been a great win for us, even more so considering both Cousins and Gay were out injured.

Advertisement