Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Pekovic out indefinitely for the Twolves by the by, big loss for them. Been a juggernaut at the offensive end this season.

That's a shame. Pekovic is a very good player. Probably the best white center in the NBA. Defiantly has better numbers than the Gasol brothers, Hawes, Gortat etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I want to say you should offer Evens as that makes perfect sense, but I shouldn't say anything really since I bizarrely got PM'ed by the one man fan club and was told off o_O

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

That's a shame. Pekovic is a very good player. Probably the best white center in the NBA. Defiantly has better numbers than the Gasol brothers, Hawes, Gortat etc
    Give me Marc Gasol over Pek any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

If you have a problem with a post then report it. The button is right there.

Mal,

speaking of which, have you had a chance to review my email from the other day?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

kmart6 wrote: »
    ???

A poster PM'ed me this morning to tell me to lay off another poster and more or less try discussing basketball instead.

• Advertisement

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Give me Marc Gasol over Pek any day.

Ditto.

I like both, but Marc offers defense and his passing ability is just sublime.

So Mark Gasol is the best white center. Pekovic No.2

Then K Love has got to be the best PF. would anyone argue for Nowitzki or Lee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Davis with 6 blocks already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Nah Love has that particular award at the minute

Olynyk just did a Bargnani. Came down with pace in transition and tried to reverse dunk. He proceeded to get blocked by the rim. Going to be on Shaqin A Fool surely.

Celtics lose big in NYC.

Meanwhile, Anthony Bennett scored 15 points and 8 boards tonight in the Cavs loss at home to the Pelicans. Shock and awe I know. Good for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Is Blake white? I'm not saying he is better than Love,(he isn't).

buyer95 wrote: »

Black.

Rockets make a big second comeback to beat the Spurs. Lin took over in the final quarter and Hack-A-Howard didn't fully work tonight.

Black.

Doesn't BG describe himself as mixed race? His mom had red hair, freckles and is do white she could be a ghost.

A poster PM'ed me this morning to tell me to lay off another poster and more or less try discussing basketball instead.

I wonder who this mysterious poster was referring to? Lol. :rolleyes:

Wonder did they do the same to the other party?

Soby wrote: »
    Nah Love has that particular award at the minute

Right now it's Love, who truly has the potential to have a Larry Bird-like career given his game. Career wise it's Dirk, given his awards, title and game.

When Love moves to in 2015 (most likely to the Lakers) he'll have his shot at multiple titles. He has mad skills for a big, love watching him play.

Doesn't BG describe himself as mixed race? His mom had red hair, freckles and is do white she could be a ghost.

Oh really? I was sure he referred to himself as black or maybe I'm just imagining it :pac:

Great win for the Wizards in Oakland tonight, big three from Wall near the end to win it. Likewise the Grizz up in Portland, impressive win and they're rolling.

Pacers showed up in the second half in LA and won in spite of George's chucking. Lakers held their own till HT.

Oh really? I was sure he referred to himself as black or maybe I'm just imagining it :pac:

Meet the Griffins:
    tuCjD29.jpg

Yup, read an article about it in si.com (I think) a few years ago when he was about to go pro and how whoever drafted him could use his mixed race credentials to appeal to all markets. Personally, I'm not comfortable if thats a good thing or a very cynical marketing exercise. Market him on his game, not race.

Also read or heard (not sure which) that he gets serious abuse from certain players and quarters in the league for not being black "enough", a la the Uncle Tom tag that followed Grant Hill for almost all of his career. You can kinda see that manifest itself in some of the tactics teams use to shall I say "limit his athletic ability", but possibly can be seen as contributing to the somewhat unfair "soft" tag Griffin gets.

Race shouldn't be a factor, but unfortunately it is. Take Jermey Lin. When I think of Lin, I admittedly think Asian first, then basketballer. BUT, in this case, being Asian actually increases his marketability and earnings. Calling it 100% honestly, Lin's game does not justify his salary, hype or ranking in the average fan's eye. Were he black or white, he'd struggle to be where he is financially and be seen as just another "average" NBA roster filling player. This is not knocking the kid on a personal level - he seems genuinely nice, it's a great story etc., but he doesn't have the game to justify his grossly inflated salary. So it actually benefits him being different.

buyer95 wrote: »

Blake is mixed race, His father is black, His mother is white. So I wouldn't put him in this category. No disrespect, I love Blake Griffin.

In any case I think Love is the better all round player

Since we started this, might as well continue

C Gasol

PF Love

Small Forward for me is Chandler Parsons. If Gallinari was fit he might have got my pick. Hayward can play the position too. Thoughts?

Shooting guard. Maybe Hayward, J.J. Redick, Manu Ginobili, Kyle Korver?

Point Guard. Maybe Goran Dragic, Ricky Rubio, Jose Calderon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

1 win from 5 in our 5 game home stand just isn't good enough. Yet another poor result against the Pelicans last night but Bennett finally got his chance and he took it. 15 points & 8 boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Mike Brown must have been reading this thread.

Mike Brown must have been reading this thread.

I wouldn't rule it out. He's such a spoofer he'd seek inspiration anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Great win for the Wizards in Oakland tonight, big three from Wall near the end to win it. Likewise the Grizz up in Portland, impressive win and they're rolling.

Pacers showed up in the second half in LA and won in spite of George's chucking. Lakers held their own till HT.

Yea, good win for Wizzards, pretty poor game to be fair, neither team really got going and Warriors again didn't have a plan B. Curry and especially Thompson shot poorly, yet he kept on throwing them up...
    Wall has matured quite a bit and should be keep on improving, Wizards are like a bunch of rejects that have come together and are getting it done. They have some very good players though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I wouldn't rule it out. He's such a spoofer he'd seek inspiration anywhere.

If so then I'd like to thank Coach Brown on giving Bennett the minutes he needs. Now please go on to actually win some games

The Cavs have ZERO chance of getting LeJon Brames (as I recently heard him called :roll eyes:) back if Brown is the coach. ZERO. Don't know what they were thinking on that one.

The Cavs have ZERO chance of getting LeJon Brames (as I recently heard him called :roll eyes:) back if Brown is the coach. ZERO. Don't know what they were thinking on that one.

Cavs to do list.

Fire Mike Brown
    Hire George Karl
    Draft Arron Gordon
    Sign Lebron James

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭ec18

Lebron isn't going to cleveland....he's going to stay in miami

• Advertisement

ec18 wrote: »
    Lebron isn't going to cleveland....he's going to stay in miami

I'd agree he's not going to Cleveland if Brown is the coach. I'd be hesitant to say he's not if anyone else is coaching - incl. the Dream Team Coaching Ticket of ButtersSuki & Nuri Sahin. :D

As for Miami, I can't see them winning it all this year, can't see them getting past Indiana in the East tbh. Which logically points to Pat Reilly blowing it up. Wade is on his last legs, as is Ray Ray, and if Bosh has a Play Offs like he did last year he's getting traded; in fact had they lost to the Spurs last year I think he'd be playing elsewhere now (Bosh). With all of that going on and LeJon Brames technically able to walk for free, I can't see him hanging around for the rebuild. He dumped his hometown team quick fast when they didn't match his ambitions so can't see him hanging in Miami just for the weather.

Advertisement