Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭ec18

I'd agree he's not going to Cleveland if Brown is the coach. I'd be hesitant to say he's not if anyone else is coaching - incl. the Dream Team Coaching Ticket of ButtersSuki & Nuri Sahin. :D

As for Miami, I can't see them winning it all this year, can't see them getting past Indiana in the East tbh. Which logically points to Pat Reilly blowing it up. Wade is on his last legs, as is Ray Ray, and if Bosh has a Play Offs like he did last year he's getting traded; in fact had they lost to the Spurs last year I think he'd be playing elsewhere now (Bosh). With all of that going on and LeJon Brames technically able to walk for free, I can't see him hanging around for the rebuild. He dumped his hometown team quick fast when they didn't match his ambitions so can't see him hanging in Miami just for the weather.

I agree that it's unlikely that Miami win this year. But I can't see him going anywhere else......nowhere makes sense to me......cleveland won't work for him because he'll be in the same situation he was just with rings....ownership and office the same with a bad coach.

I just can't see Lebron leaving Don Reilly :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ec18 wrote: »
    I agree that it's unlikely that Miami win this year. But I can't see him going anywhere else......nowhere makes sense to me......cleveland won't work for him because he'll be in the same situation he was just with rings....ownership and office the same with a bad coach.

I just can't see Lebron leaving Don Reilly :p

Not for the bright lights of LA? Or NY? And the additional media and marketing opportunities each presents?

I'm not saying he's going to go. I am saying he's likely to explore his options. LeJon is about legacy now, it's rings or bust. He has more money than he could ever spend. Do you really think he wants to hang around Miami as they rebuild? LeJon Brames will be taking his talents to (insert major US city here ________) at some stage, I can't see him being a Heat player for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭ec18

Not for the bright lights of LA? Or NY? And the additional media and marketing opportunities each presents?

I'm not saying he's going to go. I am saying he's likely to explore his options. LeJon is about legacy now, it's rings or bust. He has more money than he could ever spend. Do you really think he wants to hang around Miami as they rebuild? LeJon Brames will be taking his talents to (insert major US city here ________) at some stage, I can't see him being a Heat player for life.

I see your point but the bright lights of LA and NY aren't that bright at the moment.The lakers are rebuilding and it's only a matter of time before new york start. Kobe's is the only part of LA that might appeal to LBJ and there's no guarantee he's ever going to be the 'Black Mamba' again. The brightest lights for rings at the moment are OKC and Indiana. Neither of which are destinations for Lebron.

An option for him that I'd like to see him go to is Chicago.......DROSE and Lebron......thats an 80 win team :P (Sarcasm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'd love if LeBron came back home to us but, as much as I hate to say, he's better where he is right now. This team can't make the playoffs in the East right now, no reason why he should switch to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ec18 wrote: »
    I see your point but the bright lights of LA and NY aren't that bright at the moment.The lakers are rebuilding and it's only a matter of time before new york start. Kobe's is the only part of LA that might appeal to LBJ and there's no guarantee he's ever going to be the 'Black Mamba' again. The brightest lights for rings at the moment are OKC and Indiana. Neither of which are destinations for Lebron.

An option for him that I'd like to see him go to is Chicago.......DROSE and Lebron......thats an 80 win team :P (Sarcasm)

I wouldn't rule Chicago out, they were no. 2 in the decision apparently.

As for LA, yes, now they suck…..BUT….and this is HUGE - only Nash is contracted after June. The whole team is about to be rebut. Throw in the fact they'll have a lottery pick this year (I think, unless they've previously surrended it?) and the fact that LAL spend money and don't give a fiddler's about tax and you can see that starts t become a serious option. LeJon and an admittedly aging Kobe is a nice thought as the starting point for a rebuild don't you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

The Pistons@Hawks game for tonight has been cancelled due to a snowstorm in Atlanta

That leaves 10 games on for tonight:

Thunder@Heat - Live on BT Sport at midnight
    Magic@Raptors
    Sixers@Celtics
    Suns@Bucks
    Pelicans@TWolves
    Rockets@Mavs
    Bobcats@Nuggets
    Bulls@Spurs - Live on BT Sport at 2.30
    Grizz@Kings
    Wizards@Clippers

2 main games on BT but I'd keep an eye on the Wizz/Clips game on at 3.30

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

All NBA White Team

3206.png&w=350&h=254
    3449.png&w=350&h=2546466.png&w=350&h=254

3423.png&w=350&h=2544249.png&w=350&h=254

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wouldn't rule Chicago out, they were no. 2 in the decision apparently.

There's a couple things that will see the Bulls not have a hope of getting LeBron.

1) Salary cap. Even when Boozer is amnestied we'd be struggling. We'd have to pay the luxury tax, which has only happened once in the teams history (which was this season). We'd also have to be willing to pay the luxury tax for numerous seasons which isn't going to happen under this stingy front office who dismantled a squad containing the best bench in the league by a country mile in order to save what was a few quid in relative terms.

2) Derrick Rose just won't pander to a superstar to get them to join the team. He refused to get involved with the Bulls efforts to recruit LeBron last time and will do the same again. He's pretty much of the opinion that if players want to play for the team then they will sign and there's no need for the histrionics, which doesn't lead to attracting superstars. He said ''"I don't recruit. If anyone wants to play with me, I don't mind playing with, it could be anyone in the NBA, but as far as recruiting, I never did and never will."

I was of the opinion after last season that LeBron would leave Miami but now I think he stays. He has set up base there, it's arguably the best city in the world to live in as an athlete, and no matter where he goes he's only going to have one elite player alongside him (Heat would be Bosh as I think he stays, Cavs would be Kyrie but meh, Bulls would be Rose but there's massive injury concerns, Lakers have Kobe but he's getting on and has had injury difficulties). In all honesty he's probably better off staying in Miami knowing Riley will throw the cash at it.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Perkins v LeBron, let's go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Perkins v LeBron, let's go!

Looks like it will be another dent in LeBron's MVP campaign.

• Advertisement

PJ Carlisimo just predicted a Thunder win. Not sure what kind of omen that is...

Come on Slim Reaper!

Couldn't lebron just make another super team somewhere there are plenty if stars that I feel would like to play with him

Opening min go to Miami. Start 10 - 2

If losing a Finals couldn't teach Scott Brooks that Bosh kills Perkins, what will? ****ing tit.

The Derrick Fisher Game.

It’s the Chris Bosh vs Derek Fisher MVP showdown we all anticipated.

Nice come back by OKC. Go in 5 up at the half.

OKC went on a 53-35 run once Perkins went (5 mins too late!) out. Lead by 5 at the half.

edit - lol KD. The "storm" OKC weathered was "playing Perkins" -_-

@SBNationNBA: Since Miami led 22 to 4, the Thunder have outscored them 74 to 40.

• Advertisement

This win belongs to OKC. Just need to maintain. Heat are giving up a ridiculous amount of TO

OH MY GOODNESS :D

The Derrick Fisher Game.

MVP.

MVP.

Clutch three point shot!

12th consecutive 30+ point game for KD.

6Dg5a.jpg

Durant is outstanding

Heat fans chanting MVP at LeBron at the free throw line when nearly 30 down with over 7 mins left is brilliant.

12th consecutive 30+ point game for KD.

6Dg5a.jpg
    He'll probably break that record too

An absolute beatdown. Well in OKC.

5e6d8cdfc0483bbdb713909629661d87.png

Awkward.

• Advertisement

Just 3 games tonight, But 3 pretty good ones

Phoenix at Indiana 7:00 PM
    The Pacers will look to avenge the loss they took to The Suns last week.
    Tonight Pacers have home court advantage
    Pacers Win.

Cleveland at New York 8:00 PM
    At MSG The Knicks should win this one. They've had 2 nights off at home. No excuses
    Knicks Win.

LA Clippers at Golden State 10:30 PM
    Big game in the Western conference. GSW could do with a win. They have only won 2 of their last 7 games. Clippers looking to extent there winning streak to 5.
    Warriors win.

Advertisement