Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭ec18

I wouldn't rule Chicago out, they were no. 2 in the decision apparently.

As for LA, yes, now they suck…..BUT….and this is HUGE - only Nash is contracted after June. The whole team is about to be rebut. Throw in the fact they'll have a lottery pick this year (I think, unless they've previously surrended it?) and the fact that LAL spend money and don't give a fiddler's about tax and you can see that starts t become a serious option. LeJon and an admittedly aging Kobe is a nice thought as the starting point for a rebuild don't you think.

Kobe's on a max deal for the next two years as well........The biggest problem with those big market teams is that will lebron want to be maybe the second best paid player on a team? D rose is on a max, so is kobe in LA, amare and potentially Melo will be in NY.

But maybe money doesn't mean much to lebron given all his endorsements and that and he'll pick a player that he wants to play with. Possibly DRose is the front runner then? I think as much as Kobe wants to win his sixth ring, he wants to win it as the Finals MVP. He always has 3 with someone else as the MVP.

Brooklyn could be an option as well.....given how they spent last year......it's not unreasonable that they could go and off lebron a Max......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Where ever Lebon goes. What's the most he can possibly be paid? Is there a cap on individual salarys? Or are teams allow to give him what they like as long as they pay the luxury tax if necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

The Rising Stars roster announced:

2nbazja.jpg

Bennett is the first No 1 pick to not be selected to the Rookie/Sophomore - Rising Stars game since Kwame Brown in '01

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

ec18 wrote: »
    Kobe's on a max deal for the next two years as well........The biggest problem with those big market teams is that will lebron want to be maybe the second best paid player on a team? D rose is on a max, so is kobe in LA, amare and potentially Melo will be in NY.

But maybe money doesn't mean much to lebron given all his endorsements and that and he'll pick a player that he wants to play with. Possibly DRose is the front runner then? I think as much as Kobe wants to win his sixth ring, he wants to win it as the Finals MVP. He always has 3 with someone else as the MVP.

Brooklyn could be an option as well.....given how they spent last year......it's not unreasonable that they could go and off lebron a Max......

Lebron has always been very clear that money does not motivate him. Rings do. He has sacraficed millions per year to go to Miami. He will go wherever the best chance of winning is.

He is not a fan of Chicago either so unless Rose moves with him maybe? Rose himself has alot to prove.
    Personally I see him staying at Miami IF they strenghten in the summer

The Rising Stars roster announced:

2nbazja.jpg

Bennett is the first No 1 pick to not be selected to the Rookie/Sophomore - Rising Stars game since Kwame Brown in '01

Shaquille O'Neal and Charles Barkley will be selecting the teams tonight on TNT.
    The All Star reserves will also be named.

Bennett isn't good enough. Olynk, Plumlee, Adams and Antic have all been better players.

First pick has to be Anthony Davis. Both Shaq and Chuck are big men, so they will respect the big man selection 1st. Liilard a close second.

Right now for the reserves I'd go with

East

1.Hibbert
    2.Bosh
    3.Stephenson
    4.Johnson
    5.Wall or Lowry
    6. Milsap or Noah

West
    James Harden upgraded to a starter. Don't think Kobe is playing

1.Aldridge
    2.Lillard
    3.Howard
    4.Lee
    5.Ibaka or Cousins
    6. Martin or Evans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Shaquille O'Neal and Charles Barkley will be selecting the teams tonight on TNT.
    The All Star reserves will also be named.

Bennett isn't good enough. Olynk, Plumlee, Adams and Antic have all been better players.

First pick has to be Anthony Davis. Both Shaq and Chuck are big men, so they will respect the big man selection 1st. Liilard a close second.

Right now for the reserves I'd go with

East

1.Hibbert
    2.Bosh
    3.Stephenson
    4.Johnson
    5.Wall or Lowry
    6. Milsap or Noah

West
    James Harden upgraded to a starter. Don't think Kobe is playing

1.Aldridge
    2.Lillard
    3.Howard
    4.Lee
    5.Ibaka or Cousins
    6. Martin or Evans

Why on earth would you have Lee in instead of Cousins? It's an All-STAR game, not an All-GOOD-PLAYERS-ONLY-FROM-WINNING-TEAMS game. That argument is tired, old, illogical. The All-Star game is for the best players in the NBA. Try fielding an All-Star team for the East if you're going to use the "comes from a winning team" logic (you wouldn't be able).

All that said, I don't expect DeMarcus to get the nod. I don't have faith even in the coaches to pick the most deserving players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Oh how daring of you going with the same 2 first picks as last years game!!:rolleyes:

moneyman wrote: »
    Why on earth would you have Lee in instead of Cousins? It's an All-STAR game, not an All-GOOD-PLAYERS-ONLY-FROM-WINNING-TEAMS game. That argument is tired, old, illogical. The All-Star game is for the best players in the NBA. Try fielding an All-Star team for the East if you're going to use the "comes from a winning team" logic (you wouldn't be able).

All that said, I don't expect DeMarcus to get the nod. I don't have faith even in the coaches to pick the most deserving players.

Just my opinion. I get that most people would say Cousins. It's very close for me but I'd just give David Lee the nod. He's an underrated player averages 20 & 10
    He's a soild player. They both may get in.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Oh how daring of you going with the same 2 first picks as last years game!!:rolleyes:

Didn't even consider that. Jut looking at the list at face value. Nobody drafted last year comes even close to Davis and Lillard. They are not just the best year 2 guys in the league, They are borderline All Stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Kobe's on a max deal for the next two years as well........The biggest problem with those big market teams is that will lebron want to be maybe the second best paid player on a team?

LeJon Brames (I'm sticking with this, I like it) is not the best plaid player in Miami folks….wait for it….Bosh is.:eek:

LeJon took a hit so Bosh could join the party.

• Advertisement

And I'll be ringing Lahv Lahn to "Talk to Joe" if Boogie doesn't get in as it will be a disgrace.

Lee is a good player, not doubt about that but he got a highly debatable All Star nod last year (ahead of team mate Steph Curry) whereas Boogie has yet to get the nod his game deserves.

LeJon Brames (I'm sticking with this, I like it) is not the best plaid player in Miami folks….wait for it….Bosh is.:eek:

LeJon took a hit so Bosh could join the party.

ya but i would imagine bosh earns far less endorsements than the other two so he still earns less money if i remember its a relatively small difference in the contracts anyway

pacers ,cavs and clippers tonight for me btw

Wouldn't rule anything out with Brooklyn and it ticks the NY box too. Only thing is even Brooklyn will have to cut some fat to make this happen and if you're a Nets player you ain't moving unless your contract is bought out, which in itself is extremely unlikely given the money those guys are on. Other teams aren't exactly queuing up for Brooklyn Nets players either, despite rumors of a few players being offered in trades recently (most prominently D-Will).

Speaking of D-Will, how awful has he been since signing for 81 guaranteed until 2015-16? I know he's had a few injuries but my God he'd been brutal, and his attitude after getting beaten by a Rose-less Chicago last year said it all.

ya but i would imagine bosh earns far less endorsements than the other two so he still earns less money if i remember its a relatively small difference in the contracts anyway

Yes, I know that, but the question was would LeJon mind being No. 2 salary wise? I doubt he even thinks about it for a second. That's an ego thing for a certain type of player - think the Kyrie Irving and his "brand" comments. Winners don't care about that stuff.

LeJon could be the LEAST paid player in the league and still make more in endorsements than 85% of the rest of the leagues players in total. He has more money now than he could ever spend anyway.

Yes, I know that, but the question was would LeJon mind being No. 2 salary wise? I doubt he even thinks about it for a second. That's an ego thing for a certain type of player - think the Kyrie Irving and his "brand" comments. Winners don't care about that stuff.

LeJon could be the LEAST paid player in the league and still make more in endorsements than 85% of the rest of the leagues players in total. He has more money now than he could ever spend anyway.

o ya apologies i agree dont think lebron gives a toss about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

So weird for us to get a national TV game again, gotta make the most of it against the up-and-down Knicks

Ready to roll for tonight. Pacers back home at Conseco. Hopefully Hibbert and Stephenson get All Star spots.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Apparently............
    Notable #NBAAllStar reserve snubs: Kyle Lowry, Lance Stephenson, Tim Duncan, Goran Dragic, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins.

Unreal if true.

To TNT at Studio J in Atlanta for All Star Reserve announcement.

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Apparently............

Unreal if true.

I just want Lance and Roy to get their shot.

Aldridge in

Lillard in

Chris Paul

Tony Parker

James Harden

Dirk Nowitzki

So much spam I assume.

Dwight Howard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I just want Lance and Roy to get their shot.

Stephenson is nowhere near All Star quality.

@WojYahooNBA
    Brooklyn's Joe Johnson over Toronto's Kyle Lowry was the closest vote among the Eastern coaches, league source tells Yahoo.

Where are you Kerazy kids watching this? I can't see anything on nba.com until 1am?

West Reasrves are

Aldridge
    Lillard
    Paul
    Parker
    Harden
    Howard
    Nowitzki

East Coming up

• Advertisement