Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Where are you Kerazy kids watching this? I can't see anything on nba.com until 1am?

Twitter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

It was on TNT watched the live stream

If I comment, that Drive lad will PM me. Logical thinking.

NBA coaches just disrespected "Born Ready", "The 8th Grader", "SirLanceallot" Lance Stephenson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

NBA coaches just disrespected "Born Ready", "The 8th Grader", "SirLanceallot" Lance Stephenson.

No they didn't. He's a very good player, but a complete idiot and not really deserving of an AS spot this year.

So Dirk was the one to get in ahead of Cuz. Undeservedly of course, but there was always a high chance that he or Duncan would get the respect vote. Only hope is that Cuz gets in with Kobe out. Should be a spot open, but wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

My god the Pacers are absolutely brutal!!

Ooh Pacers dowm by 17 after the 1st. Some work to be done here in the 2nd for the Pacers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Seriously dude, quit the bias for one night will ya? It's long been tiresome, but is becoming incredibly silly now.

Your enthusiasm for your team is one hand admirable, but when it extends into hyperbole you're asking for a degree of questioning, even ridicule. He's a good player having a good season, but he's no All Star. Not saying he can't ever be one, but right no he's not.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and feel free to disagree, but please have it fact based rather than showering it with exaggeration.

moneyman wrote: »
    No they didn't. He's a very good player, but a complete idiot and not really deserving of an AS spot this year.

So Dirk was the one to get in ahead of Cuz. Undeservedly of course, but there was always a high chance that he or Duncan would get the respect vote. Only hope is that Cuz gets in with Kobe out. Should be a spot open, but wouldn't get my hopes up.
    It will probably be a Backcourt player. Dragic more likely

Seriously dude, quit the bias for one night will ya? It's long been tiresome, but is becoming incredibly silly now.

Your enthusiasm for your team is one hand admirable, but when it extends into hyperbole you're asking for a degree of questioning, even ridicule. He's a good player having a good season, but he's no All Star. Not saying he can't ever be one, but right no he's not.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and feel free to disagree, but please have it fact based rather than showering it with exaggeration.

Shaq, Kenny, Chuck and Grant Hill all agree. That's a hell of all of NBA experience behind Lance's inclusion

• Advertisement

Quoting him makes Ade cry. Think of Ade!

Lance with 9pts in the 2nd. Reduces the lead to 14

Lance in line for a Triple Double and it's not even Half Time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Lance in line for a Triple Double and it's not even Half Time.

You're really hammering it home...

If it makes you feel better, I'd probably have given him an AS spot instead of Joe Johnson. But it's hardly that much of a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Think Dublin Red Devil is the basketball equivalent to Andersonisgod in the Soccer forum

Shaq, Kenny, Chuck and Grant Hill all agree. That's a hell of all of NBA experience behind Lance's inclusion

Well there you go then, you have me stumped.

4 ex-players with how many years/games coaching experience behind them? Oh yeah, that would be…..zero. 30 NBA (or at least a majority of 30) coaches agreed he's not worthy. But hey, run with your crew.

Of the 4, I only rate Barkley as an analyst. The rest are there for fun and games and entertainment value, not because they have the biggest brains in the world.

I'm not saying Lance is muck, far from it. But there are far more debatable omissions than him.

Even in a p!ss poor East, he's not in the Top 10/15 players right now.

Junior D wrote: »
    Think Dublin Red Devil is the basketball equivalent to Andersonisgod in the Soccer forum

Thankfully I have no idea who he is. I only visited the soccer forum once - when they were showing pics of the Ladies of Euro2102……….that was a fun thread. :D

Junior D wrote: »

Trust me, I've posted that here a few times. AIG's brother is a United fan too.
    In AIG's defence though, at least he's funny from time to time.

Paul George reduces the lead to 10. Pacers on a 10 - 1 run.

8pts in it. Pacers are moving now. Watch out Phoenix. We've comin' for ya

Fantastic. Lead down to 3. 1Q to go. Come on Pacers

• Advertisement

Lance 14 - 10 -10

Not a good night for George. Hibbert and Lance keeping us in it

Not allowing this. Doesn't matter if it's a joke, it's a personal attack

Said it before, but it seems like 75% of TNT games are blowouts this year.

I love Paul George. But he cost the win tonight.

5 for 17 Fgs

0 for 6 3pt

50% FT

0 steals

4 TO

Melo is the 50th player in NBA history with 19,000 points.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Melo is the 50th player in NBA history with 19,000 points.

In one game? :D:rolleyes::pac:

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Said it before, but it seems like 75% of TNT games are blowouts this year.

Yup. Another couple of blowouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Barkley thinks Clippers are the second best team in the west, I really don't see it, even when cp3 is 100%,I don't see them being better than Spurs. I also don't see them being that much better than the other teams around them, it's pretty much neck and neck. Maybe it's my general disdain for LA teams coming through but I don't see it right now.

• Advertisement

Barkley thinks Clippers are the second best team in the west, I really don't see it, even when cp3 is 100%,I don't see them being better than Spurs. I also don't see them being that much better than the other teams around them, it's pretty much neck and neck. Maybe it's my general disdain for LA teams coming through but I don't see it right now.

Agree, they're still a work in progress. They're spectacular and all that, but haven't matured under Doc in the way I felt they need to to truly challenge. Their style is not particularly suited to PlayOff ball, and that will cause them problems when they're not blowing teams away. One series I'd love to see is Clippers V GSW given the history etc. And my money would be on GSW if they're healthy.

Advertisement