Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Good idea mal. I went a bit mad with the posting last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

What's this, did I miss something?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hope it's not Pauk's influence, heh :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

buyer95 wrote: »
    What's this, did I miss something?

No big deal, Pizzaman had about ten seperate posts in a row so I merged them all together to make the forum easier to read this morning :)

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Hope it's not Pauk's influence, heh :p

I can feel myself turning into him!

• Advertisement

Paul George Cheats On Girlfriend And Allegedly Offers Stripper Daniela $1M To Abort Baby

Indiana Pacers star forward Paul George was allegedly in a relationship when, according to various media outlets, he offered to pay a stripper $1 million to abort their child. This week, it was revealed that the 23-year-old pro basketball player impregnated Daniela, a stripper and model from Miami.

“Daniela isn’t new to the world of ballers. She was rumored to have messed around with Lil Wayne in the past and can be found frequenting Heat games. Here’s where it gets messy. Daniela and George go back at least to over the summer of 2013, when they were spotted at a mansion party together,” a source tells balleralert.com. George allegedly tried to get her to abort the child, but she obviously declined the money he offered. Two weeks ago, Daniela posted a photo on Instagram stating she’s having a girl. She is believed to be seven months pregnant.

Her pregnancy cannot be good news for George’s alleged girlfriend, Callie Rivers, the daughter of Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers.

Tut, tut Superstar. Taking his talents to South Beach in a whole different way.

Speaking of Superstar, apparently he'll be in the Dunk Contest along with Wall, Lillard and Ross.

Lillard and Wall? Never thought they were that high up on the dunk ladder. I understand the other two being there. At least there's a few big names at it this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

It's a good start to the Dunk Contest line-up.

Team East George, Wall, Ross

Team West Lillard, ----?---, ---?---

I wonder who the other West Players

I'd say one of them will be a Rookie. Probably McLemore and one other

Even more trouble in Cleveland. They fired their GM.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/02/06/report-cavs-fire-gm-chris-grant/

It feels like most weeks there's some sort of drama surrounding them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Even more trouble in Cleveland. They fired their GM.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/02/06/report-cavs-fire-gm-chris-grant/

It feels like most weeks there's some sort of drama surrounding them.

The team is in disarray, Brown has lost the locker room and changes have to be made

• Advertisement

It's a good start to the Dunk Contest line-up.

Team East George, Wall, Ross

Team West Lillard, ----?---, ---?---

I wonder who the other West Players

I'd say one of them will be a Rookie. Probably McLemore and one other

Correct on McLemore

Team East: George, Wall, Ross

Team West: Lillard, Barnes, McLemore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

The team is in disarray, Brown has lost the locker room and changes have to be made

Starting with firing Brown, again. Seriously.

Starting with firing Brown, again. Seriously.

That's the most logical step now, last night was the final straw for me, losing to a Laker team that got into Cleveland at 3am and finished the game with no bench:mad:

Re. the Paul George story. On one level it's none of anyone's business but his and Doc Rivers' daughter's; but on another level we have yet another young NBA player/professional athlete behave in a pretty appalling way and there are pretty much zero consequences. Offering a million to a woman to have an abortion is pretty disgusting on any level. To a guy of PG's wealth and future income that's chump change. It's the equivalent of most of us offering a few hundred quid to a couple of grand. It kinda reminds me of the JJ Reddick abortion story and the countless other stories I've heard over the years. We all know it goes on - and I'm not excusing the stripper/model either as she's also to blame to a degree but FFS I'm getting pretty p!ssed off with these types of stories. This is exactly the kind of thing that turned me off Premiership soccer completely (I used to be a huge fan from my childhood until my late 20s) until i had enough of the behavior of the prima donnas and their womanising, the lifestyle, ASHLEY COLE (yes, I'm an Arsenal fan, the wages, the arrogance, the behaviour etc. The NBA is better at protecting the players and its image than the Premiership but I do hope this isn't the start of a whole plethora of these kinda kiss and tell stories.

Just wear a rubber dude. Would have solved a LOT of problems for you and nobody would be any the wiser.

That's the most logical step now, last night was the final straw for me, losing to a Laker team that got into Cleveland at 3am and finished the game with no bench:mad:

They should never have rehired him. That year he was off and an analyst on ESPN he was seriously bullish*tting his way through the stuff, an amateur could see through his bluffing. He tried to overcompensate by flashing his smile at every available opportunity and generally talking utter sh*te but no-one ever seemed to call him out on it - partly because he was the most high-profile black head coach in the league at the time - seriously, that gave him a degree of protection that wouldn't be afforded to a white coach who underperformed as much as Brown did. I couldn't care less if he were white, black or green and from Mars, he can't coach at this level. Mike Brown's max level would be an assistant coach.

The Lakers fired him for a reason. Some say he should have got more time. I disagree - they should have fired him after the previous shortened season and not let him start season 2. I said at the time he'd been found out and wouldn't get another NBA head coaching job again….except I didn't allow for the stupidity of the Cavs to rehire. A truly bizarre decision and one they're paying for now. NOT A CHANCE IN HELL LeJon Brames resigns if he's there. In fact, the damage is likely already done as I can't see LeJon looking at Cleveland anymore as an option considering how f*cked up they are - not entirely Brown's fault admittedly, but he was a major contributor. This is a guy who failed with LeJon on his team; and a stacked Lakers team. That takes some doing.

I'd imagine one Mr. Loul Deng will be examining the finer details of his contract looking for any exit clause he can find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Not sure how Mike Brown makes it out of the day without being fired. The team played with 5 guys most of the 4th. And had to give a technical shot to Cleveland for what...every possession.

Brown is the worst coach in the NBA.

Correct on McLemore

Team East: George, Wall, Ross

Team West: Lillard, Barnes, McLemore

I think It's a very good line-up. Last years contest was just terrible. All of these guys can ball. Looking forward to it.

I'd like to see Gerald Green in it. His in- game dunks this year have been incredibly impressive. And BG.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'd like to see Gerald Green in it. His in- game dunks this year have been incredibly impressive. And BG.

I think he's keen to have himself seen as a legitimate basketball player rather than just a good dunker tbh. We've seem him in the dunk contest before.

Really looking forward to seeing Ben McLemore dunk though, exciting young player.

Re. the Paul George story. On one level it's none of anyone's business but his and Doc Rivers' daughter's; but on another level we have yet another young NBA player/professional athlete behave in a pretty appalling way and there are pretty much zero consequences. Offering a million to a woman to have an abortion is pretty disgusting on any level. To a guy of PG's wealth and future income that's chump change. It's the equivalent of most of us offering a few hundred quid to a couple of grand. It kinda reminds me of the JJ Reddick abortion story and the countless other stories I've heard over the years. We all know it goes on - and I'm not excusing the stripper/model either as she's also to blame to a degree but FFS I'm getting pretty p!ssed off with these types of stories. This is exactly the kind of thing that turned me off Premiership soccer completely (I used to be a huge fan from my childhood until my late 20s) until i had enough of the behavior of the prima donnas and their womanising, the lifestyle, ASHLEY COLE (yes, I'm an Arsenal fan, the wages, the arrogance, the behaviour etc. The NBA is better at protecting the players and its image than the Premiership but I do hope this isn't the start of a whole plethora of these kinda kiss and tell stories.

Just wear a rubber dude. Would have solved a LOT of problems for you and nobody would be any the wiser.
    That story is probably total BS. "Ballerallert.com" is hardly a fountain of journalistic respectability.
    We all know there are women out there who are out to get money out of Athletes and Celebrities. They'll make up a story they can sell to some gossip magazine. They'll make ridiculous accusations and try to sue these men, Just to get paid.

• Advertisement

I think he's keen to have himself seen as a legitimate basketball player rather than just a good dunker tbh. We've seem him in the dunk contest before.

Really looking forward to seeing Ben McLemore dunk though, exciting young player.

Same here. Ben was my favorite player in last years draft class. We all know he can throw down, He has great athletic ability. He's perfect for the dunk contest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Starting with firing Brown, again.

From a cannon preferably.

Remember this dunk from Barnes. All over Pekovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

NufcNavan wrote: »
    The team played with 5 guys most of the 4th. And had to give a technical shot to Cleveland for what...every possession.

Brown is the worst coach in the NBA.
    No, that was not the case! It was a technical for any further fouls Sacre committed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭BQQ

Damien Lillard is in:

the rookie/sophmore game,
    the dunk contest,
    the 3-point contest,
    the skills challange
    and
    the all-star game.

:eek:
    Bet he can't wait to leave the grind of allStar weekend behind him and get back to the regular season. :pac:

3 Point

East : Arron Afflalo, Bradley Beal, Kyrie Irving, Joe Johnson.
    West: Marco Belinelli, Stephen Curry, Damian Lillard, Kevin Love.

Again very happy with the line-up. like the Dunk contest it's very impressive. This is even more star studded.

5 All Stars in there, Curry, Love,Irving, Lillard, Johnson. Brilliant

Skills

East: Giannis Antetokounmpo,(Good luck commentators) Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo and DeMar DeRozan

West: Damian Lillard, Trey Burke, Reggie Jackson and Goran Dragic

Blowouts. TNT Thursday.

\o/

edit - didn't realise the Warriors were playing without their frontcourt last night, good win all things considered.

Rising Stars

Team Webber
    A. Davis
    M. Carter Williams
    T. Hardaway Jr
    T. Burke
    J. Sullinger
    M. Plumlee
    V. Oladipo
    S. Adams
    K. Olynyk

Team Hill
    D. Lillard
    B. Beal
    A. Drummond
    H. Barnes
    T. Jones
    G. Antetokounmpo
    J. Valančiūnas
    D. Waiters
    K. Caldwell-Pope

• Advertisement

My predictions:

All Star - West
    Dunk Contest - Ross again (Apparently there's no individual champion so I'll pick East)
    3pt Contest - Curry
    Rising Stars - Team Webber
    Skills - Oladipo

Advertisement