Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

All Star - East. MVP - James
    Dunk - McLemore
    3pt - Love
    Skills - Burke
    Rising Stars - Team Webber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

All Star - East. MVP - James
    Dunk - McLemore
    3pt - Love
    Skills - Burke
    Rising Stars - Team Webber

:eek:

You know George is in the dunk contest? :p

:eek:

You know George is in the dunk contest? :p

I know and I love Paul but I've also see what Ben can do. I think he'll do very well. happy for any of the guys to win as long as it's not " you know who"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Some interesting games tonight. I'll probably watch Trail Blazers @ Pacers.

Paully D wrote: »
    Some interesting games tonight. I'll probably watch Trail Blazers @ Pacers.

yeah should be a great game. Quality all over the court. 4 All Stars on show Big East vs West showdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

Can't see past the Pacers tonight, there defense should be too much for the jump shooting Blazers. Portland has cooled off lately as well,

Anthony Davis replaces Kobe Bryant on the All Star team. Ready to roll in Indiana. Hoping for a home win.

Damn! Lance is out. But we have Granger.

ESPN Commentators calling the Pacers. The Seattle Seahawks of the NBA. Maybe defense will win us a championship.

Blazers by 12 at the end of the 1st. Work to be done.

Pacers giving up some easy looks in the 1st, but would expect them to narrow the gap in the second. Offense has been very stagnant thus far also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Apologies to Hill after watching PG pathetically allow Lillard to blow by him there.

Dramatic finish in the OKC-ORL game. Oladipo steal and Tobias Harris dunk with the slightest amount of time left on the clock. Orlando win 103-102. Actually no time left on the clock
    00:00.0 [ORL 103-102] Harris Dunk Shot: Made (18 PTS) Assist: Harkless (3 AST)

Where are you DRD? Pacers come back to go into OT thanks to Hill and West stepping up for the non existent All Stars

Someone needs to tell Portland it's too late to tank

Threw the ball to Indiana player twice in OT under their own basket which led to 4 crucial points :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Dramatic finish in the OKC-ORL game. Oladipo steal and Tobias Harris dunk with the slightest amount of time left on the clock. Orlando win 103-102. Actually no time left on the clock

Nearly forgot Orlando still had an NBA team...

First time I sat through 2 espn friday night games in a long time, Lillard was prett impressive i a very good game, I love Wests mid range game, very solid.
    Davis and Love were the obvious 2 highlights in the other game, 2 quality players.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Where are you DRD? Pacers come back to go into OT thanks to Hill and West stepping up for the non existent All Stars

Going by the odd previous post, they were down at the 1Q and 1H. Game over sure. :pac:

Some weird and close games all round last night it looks like. Highlights should be interesting.

Aw it was brilliant man. Was glued to the screen, couldn't turn away. To say George was "non existent" is a bit of a stretch, It wasn't his best night but he scored at crucial times late in the game. That's the beauty of this pacers team. Our strength in depth. Players like George an Hibbert can have an off night and we have Hill to put up 37, West to put up 30. We are Undefeated in overtime games this season. When the pressures is on, The pacers get it done, That's the stuff of champions

Hilarious.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Hilarious.

What happened to your ignore list Nuri?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭ec18

Aw it was brilliant man. Was glued to the screen, couldn't turn away. To say George was "non existent" is a bit of a stretch, It wasn't his best night but he scored at crucial times late in the game. That's the beauty of this pacers team. Our strength in depth. Players like George an Hibbert can have an off night and we have Hill to put up 37, West to put up 30. We are Undefeated in overtime games this season. When the pressures is on, The pacers get it done, That's the stuff of champions

It's not the stuff of champions until you're a champion. I think Miami have become a sleeper teams of sorts. There's a lot of buzz about the pacers team and rightfully so they are having a great season. But They went deep in the playoffs last year, only played 7 games less than miami and they've been playing hard all season so far.

Miami seem to be coasting they're playing in a weak conference and are coasting to second seed, Wade's playing just enough to keep the rust off, lebron's probably cruising in 2nd gear. The teams just waiting to for the playoffs.

The heats attitude to Indy having the first seed is that we'll just beat them in 6. Lets not forget the bulls had the 1 seed in the east a few years ago and miami beat them in 5.

• Advertisement

What happened to your ignore list Nuri?

What happened to it?

Curious to see some spoofing is all, only a single click away. Broken feature anyway given if anyone quotes you, well...

ec18 wrote: »
    It's not the stuff of champions until you're a champion. I think Miami have become a sleeper teams of sorts. There's a lot of buzz about the pacers team and rightfully so they are having a great season. But They went deep in the playoffs last year, only played 7 games less than miami and they've been playing hard all season so far.

Miami seem to be coasting they're playing in a weak conference and are coasting to second seed, Wade's playing just enough to keep the rust off, lebron's probably cruising in 2nd gear. The teams just waiting to for the playoffs.

The heats attitude to Indy having the first seed is that we'll just beat them in 6. Lets not forget the bulls had the 1 seed in the east a few years ago and miami beat them in 5.

Bang on the money. 1st seed is nice and all, but as we've seen over the years even going further back with the Mavs (07?), it's not the be all to end all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ec18 wrote: »

The game two of that series will haunt me forever. I can't remember us shooting as badly ever since. 20 odd from/80 something in FG's and about 12% from 20 odd attempts from 3 point range if I remember correctly. Slashed a double digit Heat lead and then just fell apart in the fourth quarter. We never recovered from that :(

Worried about the Pacers as of late.

They cannot rely on George Hill scoring 37, DWEST not missing a shot, and cool Rasual carrying the 2nd unit.

These BS excuses about Paul George being tired is a cop out. He is playing as many minutes as most stars in the NBA and its not an excuse that he has to guard the other teams best player. I highly doubt you would hear Kobe say well I sucked on offense because I was focusing on D. BS. Sure a game here or game there Paul George is going to struggle but were going on about 10 games now in a row. The weariness of looking forward to the all star break is complete crap as well.

Quiet here tonight. Some good games on, Spurs bulls has been very tight, could go either way atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Worried about the Pacers as of late.

They cannot rely on George Hill scoring 37, DWEST not missing a shot, and cool Rasual carrying the 2nd unit.

These BS excuses about Paul George being tired is a cop out. He is playing as many minutes as most stars in the NBA and its not an excuse that he has to guard the other teams best player. I highly doubt you would hear Kobe say well I sucked on offense because I was focusing on D. BS. Sure a game here or game there Paul George is going to struggle but were going on about 10 games now in a row. The weariness of looking forward to the all star break is complete crap as well.

I honestly wouldn't be worried on the Pacers right now. They could just do what the Heat are doing (coasting away through the season) and will still be a Top 2 team in the East. Playoffs will tell a lot of them alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Spurs hold off the Bobcats to take the W, 104-100

This is BS about the "Heat coasting". it's not coasting when you lose to Utah and Lebron plays 40 min, Wade and Bosh 36 min. They tried to win tonight and were outdone by a better team on the night.

Coasting my arse. But they do have another gear that will go into in the playoffs.

Just checking the results of last night. ATL v MEM - I see Atlanta only lost by 3 points even though Memphis had 20 more shot attempts. Oh and Memphis only had 1 free throw in the whole game. Strange.

• Advertisement

I'm not so sure.

I don't think the Heat look as fluid as last season. Sure, it's still the regular season, but even still, wasn't it around now when they went on their 20+ win streak?

Advertisement