Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Worst. Slam Dunk Competition. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Stench of rage emanating from this thread.

I'm still feckin' raging over that 0.1 second loss in the Skills Challenge :pac:

kmart6 wrote: »
    Worst. Slam Dunk Competition. Ever.

Nick Cannon is presenting this the same way you're typing

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

giphy.gif
    I'm still feckin' raging over that 0.1 second loss in the Skills Challenge :pac:

Finally won some money with Wall @ 6/1, so I'm happy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

FFS, nice dunk and all but I got burned on P.G...

• Advertisement

Fail with the dunker of the night announcement.

Ernie tells us then Nick hypes it up as if it's a surprise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Dunker of the night John Wall. Well done

Yeah that was stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

If you were listening to it you could hear them say Wall was the winner before they went to Cannon to interview the East team!

I feel like tonight was Kendrick Lamar featuring an NBA dunk contest. I just hope the ASG is something special.

• Advertisement

Pity there wasn't a championship dunk off round between George and Wall where they could have gone back to scoring it out of 10.

kmart6 wrote: »
    If you were listening to it you could hear them say Wall was the winner before they went to Cannon to interview the East team!

Yeah I though I heard someone say 'Wall is the one' or 'Wall has it' something along those lines

Malone strolls in looking like a lumberjack.

I know Wikipedia isn't too reliable but for now they have John Wall as the 2014 winner instead of East. Will have to see what the NBA site has when it's updated.

Just realised what a cruel irony it is that DRD'S favourite player came 2nd to his most hated player in the whole league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I loved the 3 point contest, Belinelli's some man.

The dunk contest was bad though, I hope next year they go back to the classic format.

Bosh :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

buyer95 wrote: »
    Just realised what a cruel irony it is that DRD'S favourite player came 2nd to his most hated player in the whole league.

Whatsmore it seems like they're best buddies :pac: .

Pity there wasn't a championship dunk off round between George and Wall where they could have gone back to scoring it out of 10.
    Yeah that would have been nice, but Wall deserved it my opinion. The fans don't like missed dunks. George's was very nice but he needed a 4th attempt, totally kills it. If he puts that away 1st time, he probably wins it, but Credit to Wall, That was a nice dunk.

I liked Lillards dunk in the 1st round and McLemore's dunk over Shaq

Yeah that would have been nice, but Wall deserved it my opinion. The fans don't like missed dunks. George's was very nice but he needed a 4th attempt, totally kills it. If he puts that away 1st time, he probably wins it, but Credit to Wall, That was a nice dunk.

Is this real life?

Wall's dunk was sweet but I don't understand why Nique felt the need to overhype what went down. The dunk contest is not back. Overall it was a poor dunk contest, the free style thing was basically a glorified warm up, and we only really got to see the guys dunk properly once. The three point shootout was great though, Beal catching fire was really fun, and seeing Marco putting on an exhibition of shooting was cool too

Yeah George's dunk reminded me of when Dwight dunked on a 12 foot rim but before he did it he jumped up and grabbed the rim, taking the suspense out of it. It was impressive what PG was attempting but once he missed the first few times it kind of ruined it for him.

• Advertisement

Wall's dunk was sweet but I don't understand why Nique felt the need to overhype what went down. The dunk contest is not back. Overall it was a poor dunk contest, the free style thing was basically a glorified warm up, and we only really got to see the guys dunk properly once. The three point shootout was great though, Beal catching fire was really fun, and seeing Marco putting on an exhibition of shooting was cool too

John Wall has always been overhyped. Nothing new there. It was nice but I won't say it "brought the dunk contest back" A certain Mr James would have to be around for that to really happen

They say it every year though. Watch back any dunk contest in recent times, be it a judge or one of the TNT guys, there is someone making it out to be back or bigger and better than ever. Sure, the entire All Star Weekend over the past decade has been a joke for the most part, but TNT and the NBA will hype it like there is no tomorrow. The new format just further kills it IMO. The D League dunk contest has usually been a better bench mark.

It's in New York next year, and if it's remotely dull like it's been the past few years, at least the NY crowd won't be afraid to rip into it.
    Yeah George's dunk reminded me of when Dwight dunked on a 12 foot rim but before he did it he jumped up and grabbed the rim, taking the suspense out of it. It was impressive what PG was attempting but once he missed the first few times it kind of ruined it for him.

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just after watching the dunk contest after recording it last night. One giant piece of meh.

The 3 point contest was not much better to be fair. Don't like the moneyball rack, it's too gimmicky. Disappointed with how my choices of curry and love performed. :(

Was disappointed to see that they're revisiting the logos on jerseys thing. Despite being far more commercially orientated than more euro sports like rugby
    And soccer one oft he things I really loved about pro and indeed college sports in the US is they always held the jersey scared and refused to go down that road. Will be sad to see if this comes to fruition.

Just after watching the dunk contest after recording it last night. One giant piece of meh.

The 3 point contest was not much better to be fair. Don't like the moneyball rack, it's too gimmicky. Disappointed with how my choices of curry and love performed. :(

Was disappointed to see that they're revisiting the logos on jerseys thing. Despite being far more commercially orientated than more euro sports like rugby
    And soccer one oft he things I really loved about pro and indeed college sports in the US is they always held the jersey scared and refused to go down that road. Will be sad to see if this comes to fruition.

I'd rather see sponsors on the jerseys than sleeves.

I'd rather see sponsors on the jerseys than sleeves.

Whilst I see your point I disagree. Look at some of the euroleague teams that have sponsors, they have more fricking patches than a formula 1 driver. It just looks awful.

I wouldn't care if there were sponsors on training practice jerseys/shirts and the like, but that's about it. It's always been one of the positives in this sport that there are no sponsors splattered all across jerseys like football and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The dunk contest has reached a whole new level of sh*tness.......I didn't even think that was possible.

I wouldn't mind sponsors on the shirts. The best places to put them on the shirts would probably be either, under the number at the back like the Canon here. Or the smaller icons om the front or back like the Toyota and Sony here

nba-jersey-sponsorships-00.jpg

Team-america-puke.gif

• Advertisement

I wouldn't mind sponsors on the shirts. The best places to put them on the shirts would probably be either, under the number at the back like the Canon here. Or the smaller icons om the front or back like the Toyota and Sony here

nba-jersey-sponsorships-00.jpg

I think I just got sick in my mouth.

Advertisement