Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Season Thread 2013-2014

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Sorry but that jersey is destroyed with all those sponsors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

DRD is taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

NufcNavan wrote: »
    DRD is taking the piss.
    Well that pic is lifted from an article that's nearly two years old, here, so it's really them who are ripping the piss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I know this has been suggested before (at least I think it has?) but the only logical conclusion I can see to reinvigorating the Dunk Contest would be to open it to non-NBA players and professional dunkers alike.

It's just a joke now. Complete joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I know this has been suggested before (at least I think it has?) but the only logical conclusion I can see to reinvigorating the Dunk Contest would be to open it to non-NBA players and professional dunkers alike.

It's just a joke now. Complete joke.
    Try to actively recruit the best dunkers (LeBron, Griffin, George etc.) and go back to the original format.

If those players decline just scrap it. It's almost gone beyond repair at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Sorry but that jersey is destroyed with all those sponsors.

Obvious there wouldn't be that many sponsors. There'd probably only be one. This picture is up to show the various positions on the shirt, the sponsor might be placed. On the back would be best. You probably see the player back more than the front anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I know the NBA is turning All Star Saturday Night into East v West but the original format for the dunk contest shouldn't have changed. Given the 6 who took part, last night's dunk contest was a major let down imo. Dunks just got lost in the freestyle round and first to 3 in the head to head defeats the purpose of even having judges there and it was over way too quickly. Chuck hit the nail on the head after the contest saying to let the winning 3 dunk against each other to win the best dunker.

I know it's only an example but that Celtics jersey looks horrible covered with sponsors. Warm-Up/training gear, then it's fine but not on the jersey.

This one wouldn't be so bad. The sponsor on the front, small under the NBA logo. And possibly the same sponsor, large under the number at the back
    0wxn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

The bit that annoyed me about the slam dunk contest was the crowd and the contestants seemed completely dead for it.......Wall was the only one I noticed that was pumped after a dunk......if you go back and look at some of the other ones the crowd and the contestants are pumped.......there was more buzz when lebron was dunking after practice......

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

ec18 wrote: »
    The bit that annoyed me about the slam dunk contest was the crowd and the contestants seemed completely dead for it.......Wall was the only one I noticed that was pumped after a dunk......if you go back and look at some of the other ones the crowd and the contestants are pumped.......there was more buzz when lebron was dunking after practice......

The NOLA crowd was terrible as it was, but the music for the first three or four dunks drowned them out completely in fairness to them. That coupled with pretty much all except for Wall not making their dunk at the first attempt.

• Advertisement

All Star Sunday night begins. Pre Game concert starting on NBA TV

Yuck! Bring back Kendrick Lemar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

As it's Dunk Contest weekend…….wanna hear of my (relative) claim to basketball fame? I met Jordan (rude) and have seen pretty much everyone I wanted to see play in the flesh except Larry Legend (as a Celtics fan that hurts), but my real claim to fame is I both played with and against Terence Stansbury during my summer in Paris*.

Now I know all of y'all are going "Who TF is Terence Stansbury?". So here he is:

*Just to clarify, I was a teenager (19) then, he was I'm guessing in his early 30s.

Rather play in traffic than watch a ****ty concert.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Rather play in traffic than watch a ****ty concert.

Depends on the kind of music you like. If you like generic pop music, you might like Jason Derulo. Personlly not what I'm into either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is the game tipping off at 01:30am lads? I'm off tomorrow so will get to watch it.

Paully D wrote: »
    Is the game tipping off at 01:30am lads? I'm off tomorrow so will get to watch it.

Think so.

TNT coverage begins at 1am AFAIK.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Think so.

TNT coverage begins at 1am AFAIK.

It's on now on TNT.

They had Kobe and Adam Silver on

Chuck interviewing President Obama

Kobe says he'd like to do All Star Three Point Contest.

Next person to post a stream or offer one is getting banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

6122698_orig.jpg

• Advertisement

So funny..

Why does Chris Paul still get such a good reception in New Orleans? No bad feeling over him leaving? I know the trade was pushed as looking like he was forced out, but Woj was reporting at the time that Paul wouldn't sign a new deal and wanted to be traded to the Knicks. I'm surprised there's not a bit more ill-feeling but it's great what a bit of PR spin can do I suppose.

Pretty good intro entertainment from Pharrell.

Anybody else think that national anthem was a little disrespectful?

Come on East!

Oh get on with it FFS.

This beyond stupid. Down for tip off at 1am and it still hasn't started

Blake vs Lebron, Dunk battle

1st half MVP. KD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

10 years ago

Bgp_IMp_KIYAAp_VHY.jpg