Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady's Hospital, Crumlin - donating toys?

Options
  • 24-10-2013 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

I have some used children's toys that my daughter has grown out of and I'm looking to give them away to a good home... I was thinking it would be a good idea to bring them to Our Lady's for the kids there but I wasn't 100% sure if this was 'done' and, if so, should I just give them a ring and arrange a time to drop the few bits in? Anyone done this? Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

If the hospital don't want them, I'm sure the Woman's Refuge opposite Rathmines Church would appreciate them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They won't take any soft toys but I'm sure other things especially jigsaws and the like would be very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

January wrote: »
    They won't take any soft toys but I'm sure other things especially jigsaws and the like would be very much appreciated.

Thanks you January, is it ok to just drop in or should I call in advance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Probably best to call in advance.

Unfortunately the Women's Refuge could only take new toys last time I donated to a collection. I guess it's health and safety. Someone did mention the Sunshine Home in Sandyford, it's a home for severely disabled children - maybe worth getting in touch with them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hospitals, crèches and any other places where toys are shared will only want toys that are readily washable, so as to control infectious diseases. The will also only want appropriate toys, e.g. if they have too many computer games, they won't want more computer games.

Any other toys could be donated to charities like the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul or other local charities, where the toys would go to individual families, where infectious diseases aren't so much of a problem, as the toys are shared less.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Thanks everyone for your help...

Advertisement