Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security tag left on

Options
  • 25-10-2013 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi, I bought an item of clothing in House of Fraser Belfast today and arrived back in Dublin to find the security tag was still on it. Would HOF in Dundrum remove it for me? I have receipt and original packaging.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes its the least they can do for you. they may have a different detagger but they can either arrange for another store to detag it or give you a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

kelzer wrote: »
    Hi, I bought an item of clothing in House of Fraser Belfast today and arrived back in Dublin to find the security tag was still on it. Would HOF in Dundrum remove it for me? I have receipt and original packaging.

Thanks

Should be no problem, just bring the receipt with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

It happened to me with a sports top I bought in england. I walked into champion sports in Dublin or whatever its called and showed my receipt. He took it off in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Is it one with dye in it?
    Otherwise you could have a go at removing it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Is it one with dye in it?
    Otherwise you could have a go at removing it yourself.

Not worth the hassle and you may damage the item - the store will reemove it in seconds. No big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

kelzer wrote: »

Thanks

Yep they will take it off - happened to me last Christmas, bought a bag in Belfast and realised it when I got back to Dublin about 4 weeks later, they released it no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

they'll have the identical de-tagger in dundrum as all goods are usually tagged at source or at their own warehouse before being sent to stores. It would be ludicrous to have different systems in different stores so there will be no hassle in having it removed.

Advertisement