Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI final week.

• 25-10-2013 1:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Final week of matches in the LOI :(

Bray,Bohs & UCD jockeying for position for in terms off playoff positions.
    Shamrock Rovers will be hoping for a win in Tallaght mixed with a Lims win in Derry for a push for a European spot(Cup final result pending)while Sligo will be hoping to finish in style with a win while also hoping that Dundalk lose or draw in Bray so that they can claim the runners-up spot to champions St.Pats!

Lots to play for so.

All matches have 7.45pm ko's.

Bray Wanderers v DundalkFC
    Cork City v St. Patrick's Ath.
    Derry City v LimerickFC
    Drogheda United v Bohemian
    Shamrock Rovers v Sligo Rovers
    Shelbourne v U.C.D

Not to mention the 1st Div playoff fixture(2nd leg) in CityCalling Stadium where Mervue will defend a 1-0 first leg lead against Longford Town.

Longford Town v Mervue Utd. 7.45pm

Bookies bonanza :(

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Booooooooooooooooo

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Final week of matches in the LOI :(

And now, the end is near..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Can't wait for tomorrow night, Drogs away. A point and we're guaranteed safety. I actually have a mate of mine from Drogheda who was never into LOI before supporting Bohs the last two years. It'll be his first time watching in Hunky Dory's Park. Wonder will that feel weird for him. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Oh lord me nerves.. Haven't done very well at all this season against Mervue. Genuinely don't know how it will go..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Thank f**k this crap is over for a few months. :mad:

The only thing that will cheer me up over the winter will be if someone gives Mathews a job.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Thank f**k this crap is over for a few months. :mad:

The only thing that will cheer me up over the winter will be if someone gives Mathews a job.

Oh don't be so down, the First Division is great fun.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Heading up to Drogheda this evening. Quite nervous to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Still champions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Going all the way to dublin for an end of season dead rubber against mid table opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Oh lord me nerves.. Haven't done very well at all this season against Mervue. Genuinely don't know how it will go..

I'd be very afraid to be honest. They looked a heck of a lot better than ye when we played them. Tom King in particular was a beast.

• Advertisement

I'd be very afraid to be honest. They looked a heck of a lot better than ye when we played them. Tom King in particular was a beast.

Tom King was always handy enough, even back when he played for Longford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Tom King was always handy enough, even back when he played for Longford.

He's always given us a roasting :( (wexford youths)

Should it remain 0-0 late on, a dodgy penalty for Longford or red card for Mervue would make things interesting..

dfx- wrote: »
    Should it remain 0-0 late on, a dodgy penalty for Longford or red card for Mervue would make things interesting..

Are you suggesting what I think you are suggesting?! :D

:p

Similarly a red card for Longford or debatable penalty for Mervue when 1-0 behind would also make things interesting

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

All we need is a point, hope Drogs are thinking about the final next week and not concentrating on today. No hope of Shels doing us a favour. Hope Dundalk are sufficiently motivated to get 2nd to get something against Bray.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Going all the way to dublin for an end of season dead rubber against mid table opposition.

Two teams that meekly surrendered their title ambitions long ago alright.

I'd be slightly worried for UCD..are they sleepwalking into a playoff. If Bray escape a playoff, there must be witchcraft going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

I'm on my second poo of the day,the nerves are starting to get to me,well the nerves or the kebab from last night,but I'm nearly sure its the nerves!

C'MON THE TOWN

flas wrote: »
    I'm on my second poo of the day,the nerves are starting to get to me,well the nerves or the kebab from last night,but I'm nearly sure its the nerves!

C'MON THE TOWN

If it was the kebab shop in Longford it may not be the nerves ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The last day of the season...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

End of season pints......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,064 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another vital game for Derry, really need the 3pts to secure 4th spot and (Sligo willing) a Euro spot for next season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Off to the pub now for a few before Bus leaves to Bray at 5.30

4 52 seater buses and the "shed crew" are going on the train (god help the people commuting/working on the trains and darts) with a good few driving

Should have 350 with us anyway, its great to see the crowds have stayed even when the league was over

Counting the hours...Swan Song :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Off to the pub now for a few before Bus leaves to Bray at 5.30

4 52 seater buses and the "shed crew" are going on the train (god help the people commuting/working on the trains and darts) with a good few driving

Should have 350 with us anyway, its great to see the crowds have stayed even when the league was over
    Thoughts will be with Tommy McConville after he passed away earlier today. An absolute legend for Dundalk and a few other teams in LOI. Too young to have ever seen him play but by all accounts he was one of the best to ever play in our league. RIP.

Hopefully Dundalk can get the victory to cement second place and finish off what has been an excellent season. Difference of €20000 in prize money between 2nd and 3rd so quite a bit at stake this evening. Six goal from Pat Hoban could also see him finish the season as top goalscorer!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Can't believe we're going into this game still needing a result. We have to be confident of getting something out of Drogheda though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Nice summary of Tommy McConville's career on the Dundalk website for those not familiar with him. One of the great LOI defenders.
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/tommy-mcconville-r-i-p/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Mervue 1 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

kksaints wrote: »
    Mervue 1 up.

One all at half time.

Pats getting a hammering, 3-0 Cork City!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Boom boom boom

Longford now 2-1 up. We have got 1 back in Cork aswell. Looks like Bray are heading for the playoff.

Edit: 3-2 in Cork now.

Bohs survive, thank ****. We made it hard enough for ourselves there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

where did derry pull that one out of? :eek:

Longford now 3-1 up.

3-2 Longford. Mervue get a goal in the last few seconds to bring it to penos. I love LOI playoffs some legendery moments from them.

• Advertisement

Mervue missed their first 2 penos, Longford scored both. This is over.

That's that. Longford win the shootout 3-0. Some game.

Yep its over. Longford through to the playoff final where they will play Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Gotta say, fair play to a group of about 50/60 Shels fans who sang non stop for pretty much the second half. You only sing when you're winning eh? :pac:

1379664_10202264085341852_630355649_n.jpg

We pay our own fines :)About 4 grand right there :(

Load of arse conceding 4 ****ing goals but we were never gonna beat the LOI record of 8 goals conceded so **** it.

Champions.....

HAHHAHAHAHAH shels **** off and die please :)

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »

Load of arse conceding 4 ****ing goals but we were never gonna beat the LOI record of 8 goals conceded so **** it.

Champions.....

Nice pyro show there, tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No need for that..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Is it wrong that I actually hope Longford get promoted so that there's an El Classico De La Midlands next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Champions.....

Just won your first league since the 90's and can't stop thinking of Shels, bless.

Hope you get Moldovan opposition in Europe, worked out well for ya the last time.

Oat23 wrote: »
    No need for that..

Highly unlikely you will find any sympathy towards shels from any pats over the age of 25.

Fairly sure my "**** off and die" comment sums up our feelings for them. But thats irrelevant really, a cracking season of LOI football was had by all.

Well by me and other pats fans and Dundalk fans and ummmm others possibly.

St. Patrick's Athletic 33 21 8 4 56 20 71
    Dundalk 33 21 5 7 55 30 68
    Sligo Rvrs 33 19 9 5 53 22 66
    Derry City 33 17 5 11 57 39 56
    Shamrock R 33 13 13 7 43 28 52
    Cork City 33 13 7 13 47 50 46
    Limerick 33 11 9 13 38 46 42
    Drogheda U 33 8 14 11 44 46 38
    UCD 33 8 6 19 45 73 30
    Bohemian 33 7 8 18 27 47 29
    Bray Wndrs 33 7 6 20 33 66 27
    Shelbourne 33 5 6 22 25 56 21

Oat23 wrote: »
    No need for that..

I just ignore stuff like that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

The soccer forum's resident drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

21 goals scored at Turners Cross in the last 4 home games. Entertainment.

I wasnt at the Pats match tonight but I wouldnt have been surprised if there was a stadium-wide renedition of "Lets all laugh at Shelbourne". But anyway enough about those minnows.

We were the best team through out the season and with the exception of tonight our greatest strength was our defence. O' Brien and Bermo were the best full-backs in the league. Kenna and Browne were extremely reliable and Price did fairly well when he needed to slot in. Clarkie did a fantastic job aswell and recovered from some early season jitters. Midfield was great aswell Russell, Bolger and Brennan did super jobs and McFaul, Gannon and Forrester slotted in fine when needed. Byrne was wonderful and Kavanagh was a excellent signing. Flood was also a big surprise this season with how good he was for us, Fagan didnt kick on as I thought he would but got some very useful goals, same could be said for Jake Kelly who did very well with his few opportunities. I must admit Im extremely excited about the Champions league matches next season hopefully they will be played in Richmond Park and that I'll get a ticket:D. Gonna be a fascinating league next season aswell.

Anyway best way to sum up this season for us is with one word. CHAMPIONS!!!!

kksaints wrote: »
    I wasnt at the Pats match tonight but I wouldnt have been surprised if there was a stadium-wide renedition of "Lets all laugh at Shelbourne". But anyway enough about those minnows.

We were the best team through out the season and with the exception of tonight our greatest strength was our defence. O' Brien and Bermo were the best full-backs in the league. Kenna and Browne were extremely reliable and Price did fairly well when he needed to slot in. Clarkie did a fantastic job aswell and recovered from some early season jitters. Midfield was great aswell Russell, Bolger and Brennan did super jobs and McFaul, Gannon and Forrester slotted in fine when needed. Byrne was wonderful and Kavanagh was a excellent signing. Flood was also a big surprise this season with how good he was for us, Fagan didnt kick on as I thought he would but got some very useful goals, same could be said for Jake Kelly who did very well with his few opportunities. I must admit Im extremely excited about the Champions league matches next season hopefully they will be played in Richmond Park and that I'll get a ticket:D. Gonna be a fascinating league next season aswell.

Anyway best way to sum up this season for us is with one word. CHAMPIONS!!!!

I love that post :)

We didnt lose a game Russell Bolger and Brennan started in midfield. Every game bar one we had more shots on goal than the other team.

We won the league as worthy winners, we played ball always.

• Advertisement
Advertisement