Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI final week.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Would love a full back like Ian Bermingham at Dundalk. He is definitely my favourite full back in the league. He runs up and down the touchline all day and has a hell of an engine. He gets into a ridiculous amount of shooting positions for a defender (although his shooting in fairness is woeful. Needs to work on that). Thought Dane Massey was gonna do something similar for us but he's just missing a little something.

Oh and the Drogs chairman and board got dogs abuse this evening after the match. Mick Cooke got a great send off from the fans and then a group of them turned their anger on the board. LMFM's match commentator Gerry Kelly was even cursing them to the high heavens!. Anyway really enjoyable season. Missing the league already! Roll on March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth.

Next year won't be fun with a smaller budget but at least it'll be in the premier!
    Onwards and upwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well if anyone would want a way to test a dodgy heart then Longford was the place to be...
    what a night, optimism.. delfation, hope, more hope, ecstacy.. despair and then happy...

I don't think I can handle two more nights like tonight... it was like slow motion watching mervue move forward and then score in the last kick of the game to force it to penalties.

I didn't watch any bit of the shootout, I couldn't :D Bring on Bray and sure lets see what happens... they have to get relegated at some stage....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Bring on Bray and sure lets see what happens... they have to get relegated at some stage....

tumblr_mmcmtuhc6K1ralt7qo1_500.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Two poor sides in Tallaght, game decided by Barraclough's change in the second half to take off Cretaro and Gaynor for two strikers and one of them duly scores. Croly of course does nothing until 20 minutes later.

Looked like orders shoot-on-sight at Kelly who looked 'rusty' until Rovers just stopped bothering when they were 1-0 up.

Seaneh wrote: »
    tumblr_mmcmtuhc6K1ralt7qo1_500.gif

Shall we pray to the drowned god?! he who lives beneath the waves.. (in Bray.. )

Bring on Bray and sure lets see what happens... they have to get relegated at some stage....

You must be new here..:)

dfx- wrote: »
    You must be new here..:)

A man can hope can he not?! It would have been typical should mervue had won and Bray would escape by default again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is it wrong that I actually hope Longford get promoted so that there's an El Classico De La Midlands next year?

Nothing wrong with thinking that. And I say that as a Bray fan. Im so very nervous now, even if I think we should beat a first division team. But hey, it can and may happen.

• Advertisement

I seriously think, considering the make up of the first division next year and how few teams there are, it's time to just go with a 1 division league. It sounds wrong but it's the only think viable at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I seriously think, considering the make up of the first division next year and how few teams there are, it's time to just go with a 1 division league. It sounds wrong but it's the only think viable at this stage.

Wouldn't surprise me but isn't there a UEFA rule about second tiers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Super atmosphere last night, terrible game but we survived. Thank fook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Two poor sides in Tallaght, game decided by Barraclough's change in the second half to take off Cretaro and Gaynor for two strikers and one of them duly scores. Croly of course does nothing until 20 minutes later.

Looked like orders shoot-on-sight at Kelly who looked 'rusty' until Rovers just stopped bothering when they were 1-0 up.
    Kelly was woeful. Assume he was only playing because its his last game. He hasn't even been our sub keeper since July.

Two assists for djilali were the only good point in an awful game of football.

Have we got dates for the play off yet? Wouldn't mind a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Have we got dates for the play off yet? Wouldn't mind a look.

Monday, October 28
    Airtricity League Promotion-Relegation Play-Off First Leg
    Bray Wanderers v Longford Town, Carlisle Grounds, 7.45pm

Friday, November 1
    Airtricity League Promotion-Relegation Play-Off Second Leg
    Longford Town v Bray Wanderers, City Calling Stadium. 7.45pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I see Robbie Benson scored again last night for UCD. I seen him play three times this season and he was very good every time. Wonder if one of the top half three or four teams take a punt on him. I think he's studying in UCD though so maybe he's happy enough to stay there until he finishes his course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

End of season pints......

My head!

Pighead wrote: »
    I see Robbie Benson scored again last night for UCD. I seen him play three times this season and he was very good every time. Wonder if one of the top half three or four teams take a punt on him. I think he's studying in UCD though so maybe he's happy enough to stay there until he finishes his course.

He's going home next season and taking Tom O'Halloron with him ;)

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Kelly was woeful. Assume he was only playing because its his last game. He hasn't even been our sub keeper since July

You could tell - after twenty minutes, the defence just stopped passing the ball back to him, he was barely making the halfway line, at head height and parrying every shot.

You could tell - after twenty minutes, the defence just stopped passing the ball back to him, he was barely making the halfway line, at head height and parrying every shot.
    The one part of his game that was always quite good. He used to be decent on the ball.

He wasn't at fault for the goal though.

• Advertisement

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Monday, October 28
    Airtricity League Promotion-Relegation Play-Off First Leg
    Bray Wanderers v Longford Town, Carlisle Grounds, 7.45pm

Friday, November 1
    Airtricity League Promotion-Relegation Play-Off Second Leg
    Longford Town v Bray Wanderers, City Calling Stadium. 7.45pm.
    Nice one. See ye Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

First off season casualty announced. Declan Devine has parted ways with Derry City.

http://www.derrycityfc.net/2013/10/derry-city-and-declan-devine-part-ways/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

always going to happen, crowds have plummeted under him!

friday was the deadline to apply for the harps job. 12 in for it apparently (wonder is devine one :pac: )

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Any names being thrown about for the Derry job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sport/football/derry-city/devine-leaves-city-1-5630143
    Kenny Shiels and Roddy Collins:D and it's a given that the local journo's will claim those in for Finn Harps are also being considered by the Derry Board.

guttenberg wrote: »
    http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sport/football/derry-city/devine-leaves-city-1-5630143
    Kenny Shiels and Roddy Collins:D and it's a given that the local journo's will claim those in for Finn Harps are also being considered by the Derry Board.
    2 clubs within an 45mins... i wonder how you could get the same applicants:rolleyes:
    i nicked that from fbtn on our forum... his friend in derry told him, could well be bull tho as he says himself but hes one whose usually well in the know. shiels is the only potential applicant id imagine they could be after, cant imagine they are after o'riordan. basically comes down to how desperate he is to get back into football as to wether he came near us. probably more afraid of a decent irish league job opening up
    collins no where near us anyway and im not sure if the athlone board will give him the budget he wants, the board probably picturing ourselves/cobh/monaghan.

I hear the carlisle is wonderful this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shels fans get to do this

ireland.jpg

Look what i have under the stairs

BXn2k0ECEAAaHaC.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Can I come visit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Any names being thrown about for the Derry job?

Well I'll start with Martin O'Neill, seems he's the favourite for every job going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hutton has the Derry job.

His da felt up my wife in 96 :D

Jason Byrne has found his shooting boots again. bray 2up just before half time in the playoff

Edit full time 2-2, big result for longford down in bray!

Advertisement