Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed Van or not?

Options
  • 25-10-2013 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I was driving along the road tonight, and at one point where the limit changes from 100 to 60, I didn't slow down quick enough. I passed a marked garda van, (but it wasn't a speed van). By the time I passed it I was going about 65km. Would they have been checking speed? And if they were, would I have been pulled over for speeding if they were going to fine me? They flashed hazards as if to lock or unlock the van but there was no flash of a speed camera. Can anyone tell me if I should expect a fine in the post?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Start saving....

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Cycling Dumbasses

only wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭endacl

only wait and see.
    No flash, no fine.

No need to wait and see.

From a 'Cycling Dumbass'

rolleyes.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18 contrarymary

Is there even a flash if it's not a speed van? It was just a regular white garda van...

endacl wrote: »
    No flash, no fine.

No need to wait and see.

From a 'Cycling Dumbass'

rolleyes.png
    OP said it was not a speed van and correct me if im wrong but hand held guns dont give off a flash, that is if they were checking for speed in the first place.

• Advertisement

OP said it was not a speed van and correct me if im wrong but hand held guns dont give off a flash, that is if they were checking for speed in the first place.
    They don't. But if you're caught on a hand-held, you'll be pulled over.

endacl wrote: »
    They don't. But if you're caught on a hand-held, you'll be pulled over.
    ok thanks for that info, so can we conclude op will not get a speeding ticket in the post?

ok thanks for that info, so can we conclude op will not get a speeding ticket in the post?
    Can't conclude anything. Guards are sneaky! :P

I doubt it though.

They are divils!

they are only doing there job, be very harsh to get a fine for being 5km over limit though imo.

• Advertisement

I just can't figure out whether they were even checking speed, but I don't know what else they'd be doing pulled in alone?

I just can't figure out whether they were even checking speed, but I don't know what else they'd be doing pulled in alone?
    They could be at anything

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

We get these threads at least once a week and no-one ever got back to say they were actually fined.
    But there's always a first time...

NO FINE!! THANKS ALL! :)

Advertisement